Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. tibbers94

tibbers94 Regular Member

Hi,
    I also using 7000b. And i'm finding second racket. Do you have any suggest?

Gửi từ SM-G973N của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Have you actually used any aeronaut type rackets before?
    Having used a N50III and 7000B, I thought both of these rackets were faster than they should've been.
    I guess the real test is to have one with and one without, but that's highly unlikely. Unless it was what happened between N50II and N50III?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The 7000C is fairly heavy, I wouldn't recommend that based on your description. As I said, try the TC75 or 8000D - the 8000D is slightly heavier. The TC75 is a fairly even-balanced racket, not too dissimilar from an Arc11-type racket. It's not really heavy/head-heavy imop.

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

More 7000B !!!
    Unless you finding something missing from the 7000B... then you should probably say what you looking for.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I do have the N99, which is the very same frame. It's not faster than it should be. It behaves exactly like I'd expect from a normal box frame with the exception of a very different sound. If there is a difference, it's too small for me to notice (for reference - I notice if I wrapped more of less towel grip, so I'm not exactly insensitive in that regard).
    The N50ii and N50iii were completely different rackets with vast differences in weight and BP.
    I have tested the Aeronaut 8000C, 8000D and 7000, I own the N99 (which is basically an 8000D, for the most part at least).

I'm pretty sure that the sound of a racket swing influences most users in how fast they think it is. A Calibar or Aeronaut frame creates a higher pitch than a normal box frame, creating the illusion that it moves faster than it actually does (as a faster swing also raises the pitch of the sound).
    In any event, I have tested rackets for years now and Ive not been able to verify that there's a significant difference between Aeronaut and box frames, same with Bravesword/Calibar frames on anything outside of smashes...

#5365 j4ckie, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

That's fair enough.
    I've compared the N50III to a BS12 (owned and sold off ages ago) and a N9II to a 7000B (currently own). I've not noticed a significant drop in speed to affect my game, which led me to believe that the Aeronaut must've been doing something speed wise.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The N50iii is pretty similar to the BS12 in terms of weight and balance, no wonder they felt similar :D

8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

It's not super head heavy and still a quick frame, so shouldn't be a problem. If you prefer a 4U frame, then consider the TC75D.
    Alternatively, N7II/TC70 has gained some popularity recently, might be worth consider that if you prefer something a bit sharper, at the expense of whippiness.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Bah. We should all just migrate back to N50s.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't know if it's because of its age, but my original N50 is so soft that you can barely time a smash right, let alone accurately control the angle or the placement of a crosscourt one... :D

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah they're soft. But idk. I quite e joy it as a racket to mess around with.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Question is just if they were always _that_ soft. As carbon compounds age, they get softer, usually. It might have been a bit more manageable at the beginning :D

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You're right hahaha. Especially with the repetitive abuse they're under from regular play. But objectively they are soft especially for those of us who prefer stiffer entities.

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Regarding the sound thing that's quite the opposite for me. If I swing my 900C vs my AX99 the 99 clearly makes a higher pitched whoosh sound with the same swing.

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Whut?

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Seriously, the 900C in comparison sounds dull. I feel like it makes sense though.. a box frame swung at the same speed will displace more air and that's where the sound comes from. A more sword like frame will cut through the air more and so there's less sound. Or is that the opposite way round?

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The pitch of a sound is related to the frequency with which the air flutters, so to speak. A thinner structure or slit will create a higher frequency, generally, and thus a higher-pitched sound. Im not familiar with the Ax99 frame, so I can't say if there's something about it that would cause this, but generally speaking, a bigger, rounded box frame will cause a lower sound than one with sharp edges or thin slits.

18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Well the ax99 is just a regular box frame, just like the zf2. If I swing both of them and my 900C the box frames by far make more sound through the air

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While that seems strange to me, I was merely talking about pitch, not volume. A higher pitch is associated with both thinner objects and higher speeds (open your car window a bit and accelerate, for example), and that's probably a reason there's more and more frame shapes that create higher-pitched sounds - intermediate or beginner users will tend to think it's faster than it actually is.
    Anyway, I think that's enough on that particular issue, we're starting to veer off the thread topic I think :D

20. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Whats wrong with 7000b then?