Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Kevin made quite a lot of unforced errors, especially in G1

#4681 ma.ria, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow I didn't know Kevin has started his business selling milk "Vinion" :eek:

[​IMG]

Has anyone in Indonesia tried it? :D

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Thanks. Just watched the replay.

Hmm.. I don't think Kevin made any more errors than he usually would in R1 any tournaments, we have seen much worse from him. Marcus seemed to play better like his old self before WC, for now. The playing condition didn't look to be that slow compared to WC, I wonder if there was any drift.

On a side note, the jersey didn't look that bad from the back. But they look hideous from the front.. I don't know which one is better, but for now I prefer the blue and yellow version. Maybe we'll have the chance to see this orange and white version up close soon.

Hoping to see them playing Ko/Shin in R2:)

4. wade

wade Regular Member

It wasn't kevin's best game, but did anyone notice the difference in his game ? he didn't go too much for these 50:50 chances, try to block the shuttle more, plays his shot more carefully, etc. most of his mistakes today was him hitting the net, very few of his shot that goes long or wide :eek:

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Guess he was being careful playing against Hoki/Kobayashi, didn't want to take chances or waste too many points yet. Just in case Marcus wasn't in his best form. Quite similar to his game in G3 in WC but much less intense.

6. minions

minions Regular Member

Not yet. But, one day, I may try it. :D

Looks like he is competing with Fajar/Rian's coffee business. They opened the business under the name Fajri.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Important to be great in Badminton but think its more important to be good in Business.

Federer made more money off the field than on the field. Obviously he is the most successful tennis player if thats the case.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Depends on how you see it.

Anyone can be good in business but not everyone can be great in badminton.

But I'm sure most players want to be great in their field and get widely acknowledged above all thing. If they think otherwise, they are not truly "great" athletes.

j4ckie likes this.
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Hehe of course.

How can you be good in badminton if you never train. Thats why important to achieve balance of both. I think Kevin realises that. Compared to other badminton player, he has capital at his age. Dont think LCW/LD had that much in their times. did you guys see his house?

I'm not sure for Kevin, if he is already at that stage that ok, being in SF , WR2/WR3 is fine or if he still die die needs to keep winning titles, what do you think?

10. minions

minions Regular Member

Choi/Seo win over their senior. They will face minions tomorrow. Let's go, minions. Beat the pair that shattered your WC dream.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think he still needs to collect some (gold) medals in WC and OG. And winning more with different partners too. Before he decides to retire one day.

12. wade

wade Regular Member

He should play like that again tomorrow against choi/seo, with less error ofcourse lol

Didn't expect choi/seo to win against ko/shin that easily, will try to watch the match later.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Would love to see that Kevin in WC definitely. But that Kevin unfortunately only comes out when they are in crisis or against Hendra /Zhang Nan /LYD restrictively lol

Ko had to withdrew in Taipei Open because of blister. Must have been a nasty one to bring him down for long:p:p
    I hope the replay is available in youtube..

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Federer made that money off the field because his success on the field and decorum both on and off made him a great platform for advertisement. Neither applies to Kevin. Brand image is quite important for the brands that Federer endorsed/endorses. I'm sure there's other companies who don't care much about that or even have cultivated an image that fits Kevin - along the lines of not caring about rules, being a maverick or 'badass' (although how that fits with badminton idk :D), stuff like that. Obviously he already has sponsorships, but afaik it's not even close to comparing to Federer's numbers - then again, Federer is one of the all-time greats, and Tennis is far more popular in richer countries than badminton, so that comparison is always going to be a bit unfair.

I utterly disagree with your first sentence, at least with the generality of it. Of course it's nice to be a good businessman as well, but for a professional, being great at their primary profession is more important. The likes of LD go for achievements, to be better than others, to be remembered. No one remembers a somewhat rich guy who was a good athlete, but not great.

15. wade

wade Regular Member

Choi/seo are playing well, but also a lot of mistakes from ko/shin. don't know what happen with ko/shin's defense though, seems weaker than usual.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Thanks. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to watch that..

Shin hadn't played since TO. Ko withdrew before they even played their first match. He might need some time to get used to playing again. Hope they could play better in JO.

Hope minions will be on court 1 or 2 tomorrow

17. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

18. wade

wade Regular Member

ebcd likes this.
  19. minions

minions Regular Member

So, the organizers don't want my revenge action tomorrow to be televised? What a disappointment!

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member