serial archive

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Dec 11, 2002.

1. C7FNT

C7FNT Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Can you check out this Nanospeed 7000

Serial Number - 48311095
    Date Code - 280942SP

Cheers

Chris

2. ek4si

ek4si New Member

One more question!! There is no Silver Halogen Label on all three MP99. Does anyone know all the Original real Yonex racket will have that label? Anyone know please?

Eric

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not necessary. I believe the label only comes with rackets from Asia (not sure which particular region within Asia). In region like North America, at least the newer models (after 2001), I never saw the silver label. :rolleyes:

4. ek4si

ek4si New Member

I bought the racquet from Hong Kong but I don't know why the racquet's region is IN/IP - Indonesia. PLus there is no label. Do you know is it make sense? is the racquet real?

Eric

5. Mikeyb

Mikeyb Regular Member

Student
    I just bought a brand new AT 800 OF... just wondering if its authentic because i have 15 days to return it if its not...
    The serial numbers are...
    Shaft - 5257526
    Cone - 301144TH
    Thanks

6. danielg

danielg Regular Member

I think the silver hologram stickers are SP racquets, because all the SP racquets I saw had them. The silver sticker had the word sunrise printed on it along with some sort of a serial/control number. It could very well be a Singapore distribution thing. I'll try to post pictures when I get a chance.

7. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

The following site is foryour readng
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/badminton-central/content/view/78/33/
    The serial no. is a 7-digit number and the date code format in 6-digit followed by 2 capital letters.
    The Naoaspeed 7000 Serial Number - 48311095 and Date Code - 280942SP is s fake because the serial no. is one digit too many.

8. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have checked in the information of your Yonex AT 800 OF
    Shaft - 5257526 Cone - 301144TH (date=30 Nov 2004) to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, its serial no. and date code are legitimate.
    However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the racket carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.

9. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Most the Yonex rackets sold in Singapore carry the date code ended with SP meaning for distribution in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei. However, you find certain Yonex racekt with date code ended with TH or HK. I would not be surprise there is demand of IP version Yonex in Hong Kong.
    I thought IP means for Indonesia National Player and IN is just for Indonesia.
    Label, you meant the siver or golden halogen sticker pasted over the date code; it is a practice done by Sunrise Co. Pte Ltd (Singapore) for Yonex racket sold in Singapore (in Malaysia?, in Brunei?) since early 2005.
    I have verified the serial nos. and date codes of your 3 MP99s as legitimate.
    As whether the racket are 100% real, you need to examine their features physically or bring them to local authorised Yonex racket sport shop for an answer. Still in doubt, perhaps you would like to post photographs to this Forum for BFers' comment.

#2209 leehsim, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  10. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

In this case, you still can eMail to Yonex Japan and ask them. Afterall they represent Yonex and hence the best people to ask.

#2210 leehsim, Sep 12, 2005
  11. walfisch

walfisch Regular Member

Sunrise just called me yesterday to explain the hologram thingy...

According to them the 1 year waranty is from the date of production at manufactor. However, the date that the racket is sold to customers may be much later. Therefore the waranty starting from the date code on the racket is not a good gauge.

The hologram thus serves as the waranty for Sunrise to know that the racket is not an imitation, and they willl replace it, subject to their other tests to judge that is is a Yonex racket, even without receipt.

12. danielg

danielg Regular Member

So will they also use other methods to determine the authenticity of the racquet or will they just base it solely on the silver hologram sticker because if that is their only basis then that means if ever my MP99 develops some problems within 1 year, I'm in trouble since my sister tore off the silver hologram sticker. :(

Someone ought to tell Sunrise to put the sticker somewhere where it's not covering anything important like the serial number.:mad:

#2212 danielg, Sep 12, 2005
  13. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

From what I understood from the verbal explanation from Sunrise:
    1) Yonex racket carries 1 year warranty from the date of producton i.e. from the date code.
    2) Sunrise Co Pte Ltd distributor in Singpore thought that is not good because the racket can be on the shelf for some time. But Sunrise want to honour the 1 year from the date of purchase??. (In this case the payment receipt is the proof of purchase)
    3) The sivlver halogen sticker from Sunrise is then used to cover up the date code to serve as proof of real Yonex racket distribute by Sunrise and also other test to judge that is is a Yonex racket, even without receipt.
    Question: If the halogen sticker is damaged, will Sunrise still would honour the 1-year warranty from the date of purchase or the date of production?

14. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have written to Yonex Japan complaining about the practice of Sunrise using halogen sticker to cover the date code. No anwser from Yonex Japan yet.
    I suggest you can do the same or to put up other query to them.
    http://www.yonex.co.jp/con-contact.html
    Or you can also tell Sunrise to put the sticker somewhere where it's not covering anything important like the serial number:
    Sunise & Co Pte Ltd
    sunrise@risesun.com.sg

15. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Thanks very much, I will do just that.

16. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Is this Legit?
    Armortec 800DE

Cone Number - 250342SP
    Shaft number - 4836940

Thanks

17. jc812

jc812 New Member

can you check my SN

I've recently purchased a Armortec800 OFF as well, and it also had a Sunrise hologram sticker covering my cone#. It was a pain to remove it in order to get the numbers.

Can you please check my racket for me? Your help is much appreciated.
    270389SP

18. danielg

danielg Regular Member

You may have gotten yourself a fake. Something is wrong with your cone number - based on what I read in this thread it means your racquet was manufactured on March 27, 1998 or 2008 both of which is impossible since th AT800 is supposedly a newer model of course youmay have listed it incorrectly or I may just be plain mistaken in my interpretation of the mfg. date code

19. jc812

jc812 New Member

anyone out there with a second opinion? what should i do next? i doubt the retailer will let me return something they sold when they already knew it was a fake.

20. dleecool

dleecool New Member

Hi Leehsim,

So can I say that those Yonex rackets sold in Singapore with Sunrise Hologram stickers are all real ? Or can there be fake stickers on them?

Thanks