MO 2006 Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by X Ball, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

An aspect I would like LCW to take up is not to be over reliance on Li Mao's instructions to the letter. Anything can happen on court i.e. whatever was planned earlier may not be appopriate by then. I think this is happening to LCW time and again. He seemed lost at times, and then he is be able to recover after an injection of fresh ideas from Li Mao.

If we take a cue from Peter Gade, the instructions from his coach is at best given at the strategic level, and I think his coach gives a lot of freedom to PG to exercise his own tactical plans. We can see clearly during the breaks that PG's coach didn't take much time as compared to LCW's.

#21 Slugs, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Maybe that's also mroe player dependent...PG is a tactical genius, i really love the way he sets up a winner...LCW might not be so 'courtsmart'
    What I though was that LCW was a bit passive at the net. not really getting anything up high, not many low-lobs or pushes, LD did that more (and made mistakes at the end doign that)
    also LD was goign for winners waay too soon from 13-20. some nicely-tried cross-drops, smashing out of position, etc

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Well, LCW is still not as experienced as Peter Gade. Gade has been around for a long time and have more or less seen it all.

4. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Which means to say that in the case of PG he does most of the homework, but in LCW most of it is done by Li Mao.;)

5. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Well, he has to do a paradigm shift if he wants to stay in contention.