Singles techniques / training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BADHEN, Mar 28, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wah, singuy!!
    ur training sound similar with some china players training programme:)

2. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    haha my indonesia coach is really very very nice:) but when come to training
    he's not nice n friendly at all:D

3. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...

4. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

5. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

BADHEN, there is no way to shortcut into excellent singles. Footwork and stamina are the most important. It takes lots of time. He may corner you now because he can play the 4 corners. soon if u play with him more, stamina and footwork will build and you can beat him eventually. There is no need 2 rush.

6. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Last night I see him playing double.I found his footwork not like that good.But I feel unbelievable why I lose to him~!!:eek:Maybe you right,I have some time to build my stamina out... .

7. kangaroo_boy

kangaroo_boy Regular Member

:) you dont really need footwork on double:p

8. DanPong

DanPong Regular Member

Well, BADHEN let me tell you my experience. I've been playing badminton and mainly trained to play in Single since I was 10. Have you ever play with older guy where you are so sure that you can out run him. However after the game you lose so bad and you are so tired while he is not so tired. If this sound familiar, there is the explaination. It is NOT just for player to know how to move in the court and good footwork. It is all in the knowledge of the single game flow. This is why those older and more experience Single player can only walk in the court and play with you while you are running like hell just to catch the bird. It kind of hard to explain in word. I usually explain to people while I have the badminton court picture. Then you can see people like Taufik or Lin Dan show how to cover the court. Especially Taufik You can see him move very relaxing while playing.

9. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Yup,my situation is same as what you mentioned above~!!The old man playing badminton in very very much confident for each drive,smash and drop.The unbelieve one is all his hitted birdie was floored on the line~!!!NO Out side but on the WHITE LINE~!!
    maybe I have to play more and see more and catch it.
    Thank you.

Since I collected all the knowledge here,last Saturday I played single and I merely found out where is my weakness.Now I just need times to training it.

10. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

just remember the winning strategies behind singles, its a tough, long and patient category of badminton. try to create flaws for the opposition or try to make your opposition's life hard and miserable. you know what i mean =P

like if you take an athletic player verus a retired player, the retired player is most likely be able to win because of the experience he collected. play more singles tournaments. it will be fun!

11. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    just make sure you're running him around too. it's no use if he's not moving a lot, but you are.

12. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

I get what you mean,in 21 points,in each point we have to find out where is his flaws and make him running as what he do for me~!!right??Sometimes,I feel scare when facing opposition who older than me.

13. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Last night I watch the badminton tournament which in 1985 sth....they move very fast~!!and seem without footwork at all.But it was excellent match~!!From it,you can make it out that the single player's stamina is very very tough~!!and they looked tired but they still chasing each shot they could~!!I hope to learn their lesson~!!

14. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    they look like they're moving without much effort BECAUSE they are professionals, and can move both gracefully, and fast, even at their level. you just can't tell, by looking at them, how many millions of hours they put into training that footwork. stamina for singles is even more demanding now, because it is much faster.

15. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Millions of hours is a slight exaggeration. :D

16. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    oops. i see. well, i thought thousands of hours doesn't have the same impact. but yes, only the very talented will be able to put a million hours of footwork drills into their lifetime:D:D:D

17. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

I dont how to describe their footwork.But in old time,there is not have any MUSCLE POWER shoes,they just weared shoes looked like School Shoes,but their footwork can compared with nowadays proffessional player's footwork.Really graceful as you said.
    And I also found out they returned shot with full confident.Seem wouldn't caring any mistake...maybe they so confident for each shot they made.

18. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    the shoes don't matter. they are confident for a few reasons. one, they are pros. two, they have the confidence that they can beat the opponent, and that is a very big factor, especially in singles. and finally, they shield their anger very well. it's always been an interesting point to me. how many intermediate and beginners get angry because they stuff a shot up, but the really advanced players are always calm. perhaps the top players know their own levels better?

19. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

hm.... m.... .You have your point.You are right,temper really can make one player lose more faster~!!
    I know a friend,he good in playing,but in his heart,he just thinking to get win.So when playing double,when his partner just make a litter bit mistake,he lost control and scolded him,then surely his partner cant get easy in heart,both play in double,but heart is single...eventually,sure losee lo.... .
    For single also same,have to be patient,calm down for next shot.;)

20. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Other still opinion??

Last night I play single,at first is quite good,but at the point on 12 I merely lost my stamina,and catch up by opposition from 5...at end....I lose too.

Ahhen