2006 US Open

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by shreky, Jul 29, 2006.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    from the photo, tony is using the ns9000, halim look like he's using at700. I know halim was using at700 2 years ago already.

andrew dabeka using a at800of and his japanese opponent is using ns7000 i think

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Day 5 - Finals Day - Some pics and review (part 15)

here are some more pics from the MD Final..

Attached Files:

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Day 5 - Finals Day - Some pics and review (part 16)

ok folks, here are the last pics of the MD Final..phew!!..notice on the last pics, i took a pic of the camera area where they are broadcasting the match most likely for the live webcast...

4. shreky

shreky Regular Member

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Pics

sorry, the pics didn't get attached...here they are..
    sorry kwun for the loads of pics and filling up your storage server..hope you don't mind & thanks for letting me upload these pics!-:)

Attached Files:

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My guess is, Tony is leaving because the Danish's club most likely offered him a "better financial" contract..But after what he learned in his study here, who really knows what the real reason is, only Tony knows..;)
    As for Halim, he's staying put here, but who knows how long his contract @ OCBC will be??..:rolleyes:
    One thing is for sure though, without Tony G., U.S./Southern California/OCBC/L.A. badminton scene will take quite a bit of an effect..:p :(

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    All the best, Tony

Really unfortunate that Tony is leaving, the impact to US badminton is tremendous. I hope Tony will take a trip to Northern CA and do some exhibition games before his departure, I am sure all Bay Area fan wish him the best.
    Obviously financial has a lot to do for his decision and if Tony still can perform why not grab whatever is available out there. Compare to Zhou Mi(Former Chinese women's singles), Tony is considered quite lucky, at least PBSI did not threaten him for playing at some other countries. Poor Zhao Mi :(

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Merging Tony's news with another thread

...alright, since i know there are 2 posts of same topic/news abt Tony G.'s possible move, i will merge the other thread in here for convenience..hope you all won't mind..;) :)

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you, my friend, for the hardwork in reporting and especially in trying to put up the pics of the US Open in good time for all to see. The more pics you post, the more time you have to spend and I hope our readers will appreciate this.

Your great effort would have been better rewarded had you used a better camera, in my view. But I'm sure after this experience, you will avail yourself with upgraded resources for future tournaments that you may find time to cover for our members' benefit.

Many thanks again! :D

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks again for the support Loh (and others), much appreciated!!..

well, since this is a once in a yr event in the U.S., i don't mind going out there, taking pics, uploading and sharing with you all...i've enjoyed and pleased to do so...:)
    I actually thought abt purchasing a new digicam, prior to this tourney, which can cover longer distance and has faster shutter speed, but i didn't have time to select or find the right one..on that note, yes, i totally agree with you (and others), that an upgrade to the choice of digicam is for sure A MUST..:pHopefully next time if i'm able to attend this tourney, i'll take much better pics to share with you all..;):)

#170 ctjcad, Aug 15, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    another thanks for Chris who tirelessly provides all these pics for us. dont' worry about the quality of the photo. we all appreciate it just as much. :)

12. lenti

lenti New Member

Hi, guys!
    I`m from Russia, from Moscow region.:) I enter into a youth team of the central federal district of Russia. Has read through here, that you write about badminton in Russia and was surprised very much...:confused: Badminton is not very popular here, I can even say, that it is not popular at all.:( When someboby asks me about my passion I answer that badminton and often people have two types of reactions. Whether one asks if it is a kind of joke, others speaks, that it isn`t sport at all.:( People in Russia know badminton just like some fun game in which you can play on a beach or smth. like that, not sport.

We are very glad for our folks.:cool: Many of us also did not expect such result. Thanks you for detailed reviews about games and photos! ;)

P.S. I Hope, I have made very few mistakes and you have understood all that I have written here.:rolleyes:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks lenti..

lenti, you're welcome...On that note, if you by any chance know some or all of the Russian players which just competed, could you pass along to them that we folks in the Los Angeles and Orange Counties area really appreciate their participation. Without them, especially with the lack of other foreign players playing, this will be a much smaller tournament.
    So, our wish is for them, if they can come back again, to participate in next yr's US Open tourney.;) :cool:

14. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Now a Picture of yourself please

Chris, i think its appropriate after all you have done in reporting and all, that you post a picture of yourself. So we all can truly appreciate the person behind all those reporting.:):):)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Enough shameless plugs from me....

hehe, ok, ok, yah, i've already PMed you...:p:eek: :p