Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'US Open 2009' started by ctjcad, Jul 6, 2009.
thanks for letting me help out again chris! it was fun. look foward to working with u again!
^^Glad to have you help out!!..^^
..you did a marvelous job, Fred; even one day doing both the video recordings and taking the pictures! Thank you much, once again!
@ george@chongwei: yes, and the one sitting next to me holding the camera/lens, that's Daylightkiller.
@ ants: yes, noted. Next yr, for sure, we'll take hundreds of off-court pics just for you!
I will take note of that too.. Thanks again bro.
Dean Schoppe use only 1 eye to play badminton? How does that work? Can't judge the distance!
where's cooler and banana? they should say something here about anna 'RICE' victory
After the simply astounding job done here by Chris and Fred, I'll only add a few of my favorite moments of the competition:
- When Howard Bach flicked, and was successful, TWICE IN A ROW on the MD Final. Best part was when people were shouting "anklebreaker!" after Koch of team Austria got tricked and practically twisted his ankle trying to turn around for the desperation backhand.
- The service line judge for the MS Final, some Indonesian guy (I think) named Albert, had some hilarious friends in the crowd that were embarrassing the hell out of him by constantly shouting "Albert callit!" or when there was a dispute about a line call on the back line they were yelling "Albert do something!".
- I think it was during qtrs or semis when Taufik was so distracted from the game he was currently playing, he'd be watching Men's doubles on the far court waiting for his opponent to serve. Really felt bad for his opponents because he'd lose a few points either out of arrogance or not caring, then you'd see something go *click* and he'd completely dominate.
- Some really rowdy guy was making friends with all the non-US players and rooting loudly for them, AGAINST the U.S. players. Some people jokingly on the other side of the stands booed him and called him a traitor.
- Watching Tony Gunawan come back from death several times in his XD matches. The guy's racquet was magnetized to the bird, his defense was unbelievable. To steal a phrase Gil Clark always uses "Not only would he get it back, but he'd get it back WITH INTEREST" (Hint: Say the words in your head with a british accent, sounds cooler)
- People who were yelling "Mona, eat some Rice!" during the WS Final.
- Hearing that traitor guy from above yelling at Phil Chew and Halim Haryanto's MD game "Phillip, just set up Halim! Just set him up! YES THERE YOU GO!" and go completely nuts after Halim would thunder down a winner. He'd yell that out on pretty much every point. (Loved the guy, he brought a lot of character to the games)
I like the photos Chris (ctjcad)! Very cool indeed!
cooler is busy lately Anna is homegrown talent, not some exotic high price import There is a saying, Canadian girls kick ass but we don't toot it everyday Too bad dabeka and steven W. had to go head to head instead of going against some american MS. Also too bad dave snider meet up taufik too early, they both should be in the MS final.
those are some mighty big trophies!
everything is big in amercia
Off topic-Ah, well...
If only the draw had been kinder to Dabeka, Snider and Stefan W. and they were put in different quarters (blame it on the poor draw)..
If only the CHN Taipei MS, Hsueh HY, player didn't come..
If only Stefan W. didn't get injured in the 3rd game of his match..
If only Taufik didn't come..
lololol, i think i'm hanging around with bolehians and Indra too much and starting to talk like them
Some seriously good shots there Chris !
And some seriously expensive equipment to boot!
Thanks & you're welcome..
To bradmyster, CLELY, Chibot, JStandard1, Krisna & Gladius. Glad to share. The endeavor, literally, took 2 pairs of hands to achieve (had another BC member, Daylightkiller, took some of the pics as well).
@ Gladius, yes, and those uber expensive equipments better live up to their expectation..
we need some beauties to pep up badminton. camon2...
i plaYed isabella at te recent HS pasadena tourn.
got smoked T_T