2011 Singapore Open SS: Day 6 - Finals Day (Sunday June 19)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Jun 18, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    The doctor only mentioned gastro and not a word of water contamination :)

If the water is really contaminated and this doctor doesn't know,

doesn't want to find out or didn't find out properly

then most likely this is a fake story :D

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I had say before the final that Lin Dan will let Chen Jin win so as to let him gain more points at the olympics . Now it come out to be true.. Lin dan is more interested in more money tourament , indonesia Super series $600k !

3. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

LOL, how do you know that the water was. Look apparently this is hard for you to grasp so before you read any further go get your doctor SO so that she can read this for you and explain it to you (or at least try to).

Hi Doc, I'm really sorry you need to waste your time on this. I quess this is what happens when you marry for looks eh? The debate at hand isn't how Lin Dan got his FAKE ailment. What is being called into question is the existence of his fake ailment. If you really went to med school you must be familar with statistical studies. So have a look at the history. What are the odds of someone repeatedly comming down with abdominal issues at no other moment than at the precise moment they are to meet one of their teamates in a competition? Now go back and look at the last 4 years of competition. Quite an interesting trend you see emerging eh? So either we've just discovered a new pathogen that only afflicts unique individuals at very precise times or something funny is going on. Hmmm you see it to eh? Well now I guess your biggest challange is to figure out how to explain it to your SO. Maybe you can draw it out in some kind of cartoon form for him.

Good Luck

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

statistics? do you know the odd to win the euro lotto? 80 millions to 1, guess what? people still winning them week in week out. how is that odd compare to getting ill during a tournament?

5. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

People are winning the eruo lotto week in week out... yes that is absolutely correct! But is it the same person winning?

Statistics here points out that this "situation" is increasingly happening to one particular team of people and perhaps one or two individuals.

Please get the differences right.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i'm not saying the odd for the same person to win the lotto week in week out is 80m to 1.
    what are you on about?

7. Shuttlekok

Yes! The last time I got it, I had to flush the toilet bowl a total of 8 times in a day. How would I dare to go out? So let's not talk
    about going to the stadium, make a speech and collect your prize. Come on! This is not the first time!

8. Shuttlekok

Aren't you saying the odds of winning the euro lotto is 80m to 1? It is true but it is not won by the same person.

But with LD, he seems to have been "ill" at the most crucial times for many times.

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I was expecting to show something on his face. Like worried about something dropping off from his butt when he walks? lol. ;)

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Is she or are you suggesting Singapore is now the food poisoning capital of the world? We are now doubly offended. What kind of doctor is she?

Or that our salmonella species is highly discriminating and specifically seeks out to thrive in the gastric chamber of the most highly medalled badminton superstar because no other CHN players' chambers are cosy enough?

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what i tried to say was bottled water can be contaminted.
    what's the problem?

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So you mean LD got special contaminated bottled water and the rest of CHN team ordinary uncontaminated bottled water? That s why LD is Living Dangerously.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

how to i know? just stating the obvious

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, it started with someone said nobody can get ill by drinking cold water. which is nonsense, obviously. then i suggested you can get ill by drinking contaminted water, implying bottled water as i guess when you're travelling the only water you will drink is from the bottle. so, what if the water not as clean as they should be, or just cold? arent you not allowed to feel unwell after this?

15. Baddyl0ver

Baddyl0ver Regular Member

Okay, you people really need to stop putting the blame on LD. First off, whether LD wants to play or not that is his decision. We have all enjoyed his games up till Semifinals which was pretty good. He has chosen to give up his last game so what is the problem?. Does he not deserve the point he has won up till finals? he has won it fair and square! For those people that say "OH i only went to see LD" that's just plain stupid. Dont try to make your argument stronger.
    Imagine LD really did play Chen Jin and lost (21-1 21-2) would that have made most of you happier? does it really matter if he gives up before the match or DURING the match? the outcomes would be the same.

I know in terms of "professionalism" it may not be too morally correct but they have every right to do that when they are in such a dominant force in badminton. Don't like it? well then dont let like 5 CHN team make it to the finals. They can fix the match all thye want BECAUSE it is ALL their own people. There is really nothing we can do about it. Next time maybe pray that Peter Gade can beat LD and then we won't see a withdrawal. Simple as that =)

I just hope people would mature and understand that no sport is 100% fair and that as long a team or country is too dominant then it has EVERY RIGHT to use any kind of strategy in order to benefit the team's future progress. It would happen to any country, just that CHN happens to be the dominant force right now. If Malaysia or Denmark or England were the dominant forces they'd do the same thing. Take my word for it!

Just a side note. drink cold water does not really give u gastro but drinking TOO MUCH will. It has happened to me a few times. However, im not a doctor so i can't theoretically prove it. Just wanted to voice that out and say that is possible =)

Now all of you PRAY that LEE CHONG WEI can make it to the Finals that way we will not see all these fixed matches again =)

Happy day

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Alany, please get yr she Dr. to say something here,

looks like it wasn't enough :D

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Alany, please get yr she Dr. to say something here,

looks like it wasn't enough :D

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what do you want?

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Now wait a minute here...kids under 17, that is a crime eh? As for wives, err...better be good looking:D:p

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    So OLY allows max 3 players per country...I thought the rules change to 2 entry max per country? I concur with you above as CJ have always play tough against LCW and when OLY12 comes, CJ will be 100% prepared and fit, not the CJ we see now in SS lately.