2014 Yonex JAPAN Open SS : Round of 16 & QUARTERFINALS (12th & 13th June 2014)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Japan Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jun 11, 2014.

1. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

We will see a match up again between kenichi tago and lee Chong Wei.

2. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Japan SS is a huge disappointment to China, especially after the Thomas Cup; Lin Dan, Chen Long, Wang Yihan, all lost so far; what a disappointment. I've liked Hu Yun but I think he is a bit lazy- which gives a terrible premonition against JOJ but we'll see. I would like to see him step up his game. LCW vs. Kenichi Tago will be interesting, but I would like to see JOJ or Hu Yun in the third game. Hu Yun, so he can show his colors, and JOJ because he is a brilliant fighter.

3. sen

sen Regular Member

To be fair, not all the top Chinese came. Also, June is just warm-up for World Championship in August.

We will see in August, I am sure some will bounce back. But Lin Dan is not playing so I guess he is expected to peak for Asian Games. Chen Long is having a slump, I think the coaches probably are worried thinking how to stop the slide.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It doesn't matter who makes it to tomorrow's final as long as it is not a CHN player.
    I am wishing for a new champion. No preference among the 3 players
    It's kind of boring if the same player (LCW) wins it again.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Bro, do you really care?
    The way LD played against JOJ, I don't think he is interested to win the title.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think Court 1 will be shown on our Ch 203 since all the matches, bar one, involve Japanese players.

I just hope Tago will put up a strong fight against LCW in front of the partisan crowd, but it seems to me to be a hopeless cause. Against the Datok, Tago often has no clue how to handle the Malaysian veteran. The H2H count must be overwhemingly in favour of the WR1!

In the other MS encounter, my bet is on the in-form JOJ, who added to the Chinese woes by defeating a seemingly 'machiavellian' LD, who has yet to attain his Olympian form. Indeed JOJ's SF opponent today surprised most by reaching this far!

A credit to the Hongkong 'veteran', but unlike LCW, Hu Yun lacks the speed and urgency and as someone has said, his 'lazy' style will certainly please JOJ, whose attacking game will give HY no rest. Just hope the match will last the distance.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Uncle Loh, the matches have started and I am not on the tv.
    Anyone knows which court?

Should be court 1. All the 1st seeds are there except one.

#247 nokh88, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ya, just as I expected Court 1 is being televised. I now have a clear view of the proceedings, unlike yesterday when I tried the suggested "betting" streams to no avail.

Now playing WD with the lovely JPN pair of Matsutomo/Takahashi almost "annihilating" the equally lovely pair of Jang/Kim in G1, 21-9!

The KOR pair gave a much better fight in G2, but still trailed 16-19. KOR got a new 'tiny' coach who used to be a good WD player.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now CHN's other hope LXR (1), will face Korea's SJH (4).

I think the more attacking minded LXR should prevail on this neutral ground. No more exuberant cheers and shouts for this WS match I'm sure. The exclamations will be more subdued.

Come to think of if, KOR has less of a shout than CHN during the TUC. Of course CHN's men's journey was abruptly shortened, no less by JPN during the TC.

But both CHN and KOR cannot be totally satisfied with their team performances.