2016 SKYCITY NEW ZEALAND Open GP Gold : Qualifying Round-Final

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by CLELY, Mar 21, 2016.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Sorry the link I gave would not be helpful.

#121 tbgoh288, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Waited the whole day just to watch this MD match live, but sad there is no live telecasts now. :(

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for your information.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@tbgoh288

Thanks a lot. I am watching this match live now.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry so say but I realized that Kevin Sanjaya Sulkamuljo is making a lot of mistakes today.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Set 2 is tough fight now 12 all.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Gosh the Korean MD must win in straight sets. Fatigue will set in if drag to 3 sets. Both the Koreans just played their XD matches earlier on.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Kevin seems to be the weaker player and the smart Korean MD are attacking him to win points. Hence it is 17-13 now.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Finally congratulations to Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol for playing so well to win their MD match today 21-16 21-15.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Are Chinese coaches kindergarten teachers ?

11. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

You have to figure out this one on your own, my young friend. May be your good friend in this forum can tell you more about this rote training thing through a private message. Meanwhile I am enjoying the cricket match between Bangladesh and N Zealand. Bangladesh is now at 22 runs for 1 wicket after 4.4 overs and have to chase 145 runs. Any betting tips?

#131 tbgoh288, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  12. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

O dear the Kiwis have taken another wicket.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Cricket is so foreign to me, if you speak swahili its even easier to get

14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Oops, sorry I was just replying to Fox. NZ just won. NZ came to the tournament as an ordinary team and is now one of the favorites. In sports any thing can happen nowadays. Ok let's stick to badminton.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

I am a big fan of Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor. Trent Boult is also an outstanding talent. Cricket is not so much intense now as it was a decade ago,Police force was required to protect cricketer's family members if India were to lose a match back then especially if the opponents were Pakistan or Australia.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I am surprised the sponsor for shuttles is X trm, a Thai brand if I am correct. First time I see something different then the Victor - Yonex - Lining... Perhaps this brand has a good position in NZ and Australia?

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    U May enjoy watching it with a rule book in hand :D
    I did the same for lacrosse, American football and lawn bowls, when I first watched them ;)

18. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Thanks! NZ's win earlier in the evening is equivalent to a 2-setter win in around 20 minutes in Badminton. Let's stick to Badminton. Allow me to share with you a story about Liem Swie King. I find it amazing how he could keep the secret that he was a badminton great and a national hero from his children until his first 2 kids were about 14 or 15 years old. According to some sources he did not even display the many trophies and medals he won in his house. He is certainly very good at keeping secrets. Is it because he did not want his children to play badminton? Some badminton parents are like that. Yang Yang's daughter and Tian Binyi's son plays golf. LYB is an exception but his son does not have his talent.

Enjoy the Skycity finals tomorrow.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/07/11/liem-swie-king-the-return-a-king.html

#138 tbgoh288, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    kwun, Justin L and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (05.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...65CB03-F736-4C3E-A3BB-86ED37264EC6&d=20160327

Coming to Auckland with full squad, occupy top seed position in all five categories but Korean shuttlers seem not too dominant at last round, they have 3 final representatives same with Japan, followed by China (2) and two South East Asia nations, Indonesia and Malaysia have one each.

WS, Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Aya Ohori (JPN)
    Head to head statistics : 0-1 / World Ranking : 8 v 45
    Korean number one player Sung Ji Hyun is favoured to pick her second GP Gold title after India Open early this year despite Aya Ohori won their first meeting in 2013 HKG Superseries when Sung conceded retired at that time. Sung totally outplayed her semifinal opponent Chiang Mei Hui while Ohori performed superbly to down Bae Yeon Ju. This Japanese WS has one step better than last year semifinalist outcome and maybe it's time for this 19 years old young lady to score breakthrough as she's overshadowed by more talented compatriots Okuhara and Yamaguchi who had tasted Superseries title in their tender age.

XD, Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS) v Zheng Siwei/Li Yinhui (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-0 / WR : 13 v 141
    Double troubles for Korean mixed doubles, the top-two seeds were knocked out at same stage in marathon match. Chan/Goh showed good fighting spirit in 6-11 down at deciding game to put Ko SH/Kim HN under pressure and won narrowly through extra point 24-22 at the end. Chinese new sensation proved they're one of potential upcoming star in this discipline to eliminate once again more experienced Shin BC/Chae YJ. There's huge discrepancy of world ranking between these two finalists but Zheng/Li are no pushover combination and often trouble the established pairs with fast and furious attacking style.

MS, Huang Yuxiang (CHN) v Riichi Takeshita (JPN)
    H-2-H : 0-0 / WR : 51 v 143
    Will it be third time lucky for Huang YX to nail his maiden GP Gold title? Being two times runner-up in 2015 China Masters and 2016 Syed Modi International will boost extra motivation to top podium tomorrow. The 23 years old Huang indicates positive development recently, he needs to work very hard to be one of first echelon in China MS squad and playing regularly in Superseries level. Takeshita, the lesser known Japanese player had participated 10 tournament in last 12 month with not too impressive result but he did well done job en route to final here, defeated three higher-ranked player in last three rounds, Ginting, Lee DK and Nguyen TM.

WD, Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN) v Chang Ye Na/Lee So Hee (KOR)
    H-2-H : 1-0 / WR : 23 v 7
    Fukushima/Hirota storm to NZL Open final once again and no impossible to redeem their painful losing last year. In last four, the Japanese duo destroyed Aussie pair after stunned top-seed Jung/Shin at quarterfinal. Chang/Lee were pushed to the limit by their teammates Go AR/Yoo HW to book semifinal spot. Japan WD start to shake China long domination this year, their number one pair Matsutomo/Takahashi grabbed prestigious All England title early this month then all Japanese final in Basel last week. In contrary, Korea pairs tend to be vulnerable lately, not a good sign prior to Uber Cup Finals upcoming May.

MD, Angga Pratama/Ricky Karanda Suwardi (INA) v Ko Sung Hyun/Shin Baek Cheol (KOR)
    H-2-H : 0-0 / WR : 12 v 8
    Last final match is expected will showcase entertaining and high quality badminton action. Pratama/Suwardi were struggling at early rounds and experienced thrilling semifinal tie to overcome Chinese teens Huang KX/Zheng SW. Former world champion Ko SH/Shin BC also had trouble to pass opening hurdle then next three matches were going relative smoothly including straight-sets victory against Gideon/Sukamuljo in last four. Both pairs need more ranking point to secure their Rio ticket as Olympic qualification race will be ended soon.

kwun and pcll99 like this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Korea Korea Korea..............Everywhere Korea
    Indonesia Indonesia Indonesia...............Everywhere Indonesia..

I Just summed up the story of each and every finals

Ask yourself

When will we see Uganda vs Mexico Finals?

When will we see Brazil vs Argentina Finals?

When Will we see Zimbabwe vs Congo Finals ?

Does your inner voice tell something ?

latecomer likes this.