After very head heavy racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 1980bunge, Nov 7, 2018.

1. 1980bunge

1980bunge Regular Member

Hello I'm looking for a new racket and want one that is very head heavy.
    Before people come suggesting top end rackets I only have a budget of around £70-85.
    I have tried a few rackets but don't feel they are head heavy enough for me.
    I've used
    Armortec 900 power
    Armortec 700
    Armortec 500
    Armortec 150
    Armortec 50
    Voltric 80
    Voltric 70
    Voltric force
    Voltric 10dg
    Voltric 7
    Voltic 5
    Voltric 50 e-tune
    Thuster tk6000
    Meteor x60
    Yelhex yx 8000
    Wilson recon 9000
    Carlton vapour trail elite
    Carlton fireblade elite

As you can see tried a few, not worried on make just want any suggestions on where to go next.
    Out of the list I'm presently using the armortec 700.

2. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Voltric zf2? Or use lead tape to add weight?
    I recently bought a 3u tk6000 and it feels to me like im throwing thors hammer! But it is very powerful

3. 1980bunge

1980bunge Regular Member

I had a 3U tk6000 and I still didn't think it was head heavy enough. Zf2 way out of my price range as in UK its about £140.
    I thought about lead tape, which might be the best option.

4. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Theres a couple at the moment for sale on facebook uk mate £100 each.. if you buy used you can get them for less than that though just depends on your budget.. im not sure if theres anything out there with more weight in the head than that.. may have to try the tape!

1980bunge likes this.
  5. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

Have a look at the Buy/Sell subforum on badminton central - you’ll often find ZF2 going for £80-85 including delivery.

Similar to ZF2 with slightly less stiff shaft (still extra stiff) is a TK9900 3U. Same very head heavy balance, but slightly cheaper and also harder to get ahold of - make sure you get the 3rd gen model.

Those are the head heaviest racquets you’re going to get in competitive play. Anything else and you’ll probably run into quality control issues and it’s luck of the draw whether you get the right spec.

Otherwise, lead tape (commonly used in tennis) on the 10 and 2 o clock positions works well.