ALL ENGLAND 2008: Day 6 - Mar 9 - FINAL

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by badMania, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

KJ would at least reach EBC finals and I hope he defeats PG for the first time.

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Kindly do some research before making such statement. Anyway, I like your reviews though.:)

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Rexy also said the Japanese played "exceptionally well". From the Semis yesterday & others I've watched, technically the Japanese pairs (including Othsuka/Masuda) arent as good as the top 3 seeds.

The koreans too, our uncles CTF/LWW are technically superior but as usual uncle CTF got nervous....

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hey, I just spotted that too! :D:D. Poor Badmania, being called madbad. Preview to follow

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's been exhibited time and time again by CTF/LWW that they cannot close the deal on big tournaments. To blow 5 match points is a dinosaur-sized choke.

6. eaglehelang

Yup, now they reach 'uncle' age, hard to change habit. I pity LWW, he had to cover for his partner at times. Rexy said bf they have this prob when playing in Semis & Finals, Rexy didnt want Zakry/Fairuz to go the same route, I call it the nervous disease.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MS
    If there is no LYB interference, I expect a pretty straightforward LD win. Something like 21-17, 21-18. LD carries that intimidation factor and CJ is most definitely the "little brother". Only LYB knows at this moment.

WS
    Lu Lan's path to the final has been pretty fortuitious. Tine has had to work harder but handled all before her with confidence. She's looking good, is fitter than Lu and will have the full support of the local crowd (save the CHN fans, I would imagine). Tine to win in straight games.

MD
    Well, this is as obvious as it gets. After gifting Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man the mickey mouse :D German Open, it's time for the senior pair to lay claim to the prestigious one. Fixed or not, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae will win.

WD
    Interesting that LYB would sacrifice Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen so that the tougher, meaner-looking :D Du/Yu can take on Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung. This will be a battle of attrition full of fast, hard-hitting action. Some men's pair would be afraid to step on court with this quartet :D. When the dust settles, LYB will have made the right decision (a Du/Yu triumph) as all four leave with battle wounds.

XD
    GL/ZB mean business now and must establish their authority over Nova/Butet before the OG. Don't get me wrong, the INA pair have done very well to reach the final and it will be competitive. However, I think Nova will crack first before ZB and this will decide the outcome. GL/ZB in 3 games.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Now..^^

...that's what i call, madbad's preview...;) :cool:
    *still pulling sumbadder's legs* :p

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    With the recent ascent of the Korean MD in German Open and All England, this year's MD Olympic Games will be a very tough contest!
    Kido-Hendra 20% chance
    Cai-Fu 20% chance
    KKK-TBH 20% chance
    LYD-JJS 15% chance
    Japanese pairs 10% chance
    Danish pairs 10% chance
    Others 5% chance

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I still think Lili-Nova will win... in 2 straight games, actually!

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually I am rather impressed with ctf/lww's performance even though they lost.They managed to rise above a sloppy start and stretch the much younger(yet experienced), faster,better prepared KOR MD.It was unfortunate that LYD was the one to receive and serve during the 4 match points.He was clearly trained to take charge during crucial points.Jung wouldn't have survived; not for 4 CONSECUTIVE MP.
    MAS uncles just need to fix one problem;the closing.There are so many effective closing options for them to train up, given their excellent skills.Fix that and I'm confident they will win their first meaningful title.
    Like they say,one small change can make the biggest difference.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Of course you would ;):D

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i would pick all those too if i had some PAW room left...

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Off topic-kinda

cooler (and fellow Canucks), don't forget to put your clock forward ;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh maaaan..

...i was hoping someone would keep quiet so i can watch the webcast all by myself without any lagging...now the whole BC will wake up in time to watch it..

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ooooops :D:D:D:D;);)

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Really funny....when come to prediction of a match between two Chn players.......all of us...would say..who to wins...depends on how LYB decides.............not depend on who is in better form.......

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's not a choke. It's a clear sign that there's a glaring gap in the training. Rexy might be a fantastic coach but there are some gaps he needs to plug.The sooner he stops labelling his players ,the better for him and the results.It's time that Rexy takes a good look at his own shortcoming and improve on it.(Having said that, I would still vote him my favourite coach)

19. eaglehelang

LOL, they should have picked you for Yap KH's spokesperson. Yap said the same thing - the uncles need to work on the minor weakness. This year is their final year in play, they dont have many more chances.

Just that they can play better than that - if not, how they manage to beat Fu/Cai, Kido/Setiawan (not at WC, at French Open I think) last year.
    After so many years, still cannot overcome the mental block. Hope the sports psychologists can do some good.

Maybe for TC in May, uncle Lee should partner KKK or TBH for some matches, see if it's better for them.

#59 eaglehelang, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  20. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I thought it's too early for you. Will you be around today :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.