ALL ENGLAND 2008: Day 6 - Mar 9 - FINAL

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by badMania, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hope and reality are 2 different things... sorry to say LOL

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That's so funny. So you are saying LD's performance today is normal? I believe a better strategy for you is to say LD really got injured (which is not impossible by the way).

Go to Chinese badminton forums (for example www.chinabadminton.com, www.badmintoncn.com). You will be the first one to say that this match has nothing suspicious. :D

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I am a bit confused. Didn't Lee/Hwang win the German Open? :confused:

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

So LD can't really be injured and only LCW can? Funny that you're telling me that you're open minded and not bias sometimes ago when you pin-point the Chinese team every single time.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

For your information, this is what I said: "I believe a better strategy for you is to say LD really got injured (which is not impossible by the way). "

I never said this match is fixed. I just said it's highly suspicious. Anything wrong or "biased" with that claim?

LCW may or may not fake injury during French Open but that doesn't lead to match-fixing suspicion because BCL or CJ were not cooperating. Now you should understand the difference I believe?

By the way, CJ would still get dis-credited if LD really is injured. Since everyone knows if LD is in his normal form, CJ would not have much chance.

#965 ye333, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    The problem here is that 'Team China' is now reaping what they have sown. Their history of rather blatant match manipulation is now comming back to bite them as now any match between two Chinese players is viewed with a jaded eye by many. Personally, I don't care what goes on in these tournaments the professional game has been turned into a joke. I treat it as entertainment. It's fun to watch but I don't worry too much about who wins. Kind of like the way others watch professional wrestling.

#966 Polar Bear, Mar 9, 2008
  7. economet

economet Regular Member

Yes, but that was a better practice game. I watched it personally. And due to AE and Swiss Open, it was not really serious. (Fear of Injury and other reasons)
    This presitigious All England Championship Finals Match was the exposure of both pairs' real strengths.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

you conspiracists are full of it. If LD was faking it, why did he still get his shots with his backhand? havent u notice LD was using backhand 2 to 3 times more often than normal in set 2? Of course he isnt playing 100%, because he can't and won't. Why risk compounding the injury going into the OG? At least he tried getting all the shots and not walking out or purposely hit shuttle into the net like TH. If lcw or TH was watching, they should be worried because today i saw new repertoire of play that i havent seen from LD before. LD lost marginally to CJ with only 60% of his max speed, and CJ can beat LCW convincingly. Need i say more?

#968 cooler, Mar 9, 2008
  9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Everyone can have a personal opinion on 'Team China'. BCers argue about their views to depth. But at the end of the day, we still trust our own judgment on facts, proofs, and beliefs (subject to different interpretation) or on lack of them. As to your attitude toward SS, in my opinion, it could be called - lack of passion :D

10. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer

If only it was about judgments based of facts, proofs and beliefs. This arguing over match fixing is mainly based on nationalism and nothing more. You also forgot to mention past experience as one criteria. What convinced me of China's tendancy to manipulate matches was when I was able to look at the draw in a recent tournament and accuratly predict walkovers. Having said all this, I don't see anything weird about the results from the All Englands this year. (I've only seen the scores). As for a lack of passion? If only some of these others were as passionate about the game of badminton as I am! Rather than being passionate about the flag that appears beside the name of the player.

11. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

two team kimchis take the title! :D (you guys crack me up, calling them "kimchis"). all hail coffee prince country!
    i hope someone teaches jill how to correctly pronounce those korean names. the way she reads them irritates me. :p
    i think morgen should always be right next to jill on the commentary box.
    i gotta watch the replays later, especially mixed doubles.

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    So far in the first 3 SS, China had collected 6 titles ( 2 each from each SS)...LYB has the homework to do now.....as compare to last year, China had 11 titles ( 3 in MAS,4 in KOR and 4 in AE)

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I did not read/find any excuses by TH 's fans when he lost to LCW....pls do not generalize it...

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

actually i wanted to see a rematch of LD and LHI but 4th stringer chen yu took LHI out on 1st round

15. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

what do you, guys, think about lin dan's match against bao chun lai? was it in any way influenced by li yong bo?

16. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

As the many things you have mentioned, it's still a judgment in the eyes of the beholders, subject to interpretation as I said before. One might be able to predict walkovers in a SS, but again it's based on one's experience or opinion. Could it happen purely by chance? Yes. Would everyone come to the same conclusions? No. So I don't go around criticize ANY players or countries for what they do or not do regarding w/o. If it's legal and allowed under the rules, why the fusses. Anyone has additional facts to prove otherwise should bring the complaints to BWF for them to resolve. You, I, and other BCers don't make up the SS rules or meter out punishments for any infractions :cool:

As your passion for playing game, you may be right. I was referring to the latter in my previous post. BCers are not necessarily passionate players, but many are surely passionate for making comments (which I can see). It proves again there are wide varieties of people and attitude in the BC forum :rolleyes:

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Lets see how LD is going to peform in next Swiss open....

#977 huangkwokhau, Mar 9, 2008
  18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

He will recover just in time :D Will that make you feel any better :D:D:D

#978 Birdwood, Mar 9, 2008
  19. huangkwokhau

sales & design

Pls read AE review thread by Jamesd20.........

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D....What did I tell you ? I am right....:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.