All England Draws

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by yannie, Feb 19, 2007.

1. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yep....malaysia, where do we stand??

2. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yeah, i hate durian too......but to alot of ppl in MAS (ppl like my granny), they would say it's kinda stupid not to love durian, coz to them it's very tasty and delicious. Are we in a Fruit Selling Forum by the way??? :D:D:D:D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Alright, agree & enough fun talk...

...and yes let's get back to discussing the topic at hand...as we don't want this thread to veer off topic..:p
    Btw, i LOVE durians..hehe:p :D ;)

4. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

I don't really agree with all your views but I would not want to continue this topic in this forum anymore because it has nothing to do with badminton at all and as you said, it is a bigger topic than badminton. I rather discuss with you on the chances of LD, CJ, PG, LCW to grab AE titles.:D

5. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yeah, indonesia had so many talented guys from time to time, it will b such a tragedy in the badminton arena if the expenses can cause the future world champions frm Indonesia of not becoming what they potentially could have become. Imagine the badminton history without rexy/ricky, hariyanto arbi, Taufik Hidayat......:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

6. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Taufik doesn't want to destroy PBSI

:DHey, guys, just some info on why Taufik doesn't want to go to AE.. And, hahaha, I'll try to translate it.. But, its very2 long.. But, actually, in short I've told you all before, this is with all the details.. :D

-''Kecewa sih kecewa. Sebenarnya All England adalah salah satu target saya tahun ini. Namun, demi kebaikan organisasi saya rela mundur. Saya protes kan semua demi perbaikan PBSI,'' tegas Taufik Hidayat.

Di sebuah kafe di kawasan Senayan, Rabu (28/2) malam, Taufik ditemani sang istri, Ami Gumelar, mengungkapkan segenap isi hatinya. Apa yang dia lakukan itu semata-mata demi kemajuan prestasi olahraga bulutangkis nasional. ''Kalau saya bicara vokal tidak lain karena teman-teman tidak ada yang berani bicara kalau sudah di depan pengurus,'' tuturnya.

''Saya tidak mungkin menghancurkan bulutangkis Indonesia. Justru saya ingin ada perbaikan. Tak hanya pemain yang dituntut prestasi, tetapi pengurus pun harus ada perbaikan,'' sebut pemain berusia 25 tahun ini.

Taufik mengaku tidak menaruh dendam terhadap rekan-rekan yang mendapat skorsing dari PBSI lantaran tindakan nekat bertanding ke Papua, Desember silam. Yang dia tuntut hanya satu: pengurus bersikap jujur dan terbuka kepada pemain.

Pasalnya, sebelum turun SK skorsing yang menyatakan tujuh pemain tak jadi dikirim ke Swiss Super Series, dia mendapat bocoran bahwa SK yang sudah ditandatangani Ketua Umum PBSI, Sutiyoso, menyatakan bahwa Luluk Hadiyanto, Alven Yulianto, Flandy Limpele, Markis Kido, Rendra Wijaya, awalnya tidak dikirim ke All England, sedangkan Yoga Ukikasah dan Yonathan Suryatama batal dikirim ke Jerman Terbuka.

Namun, keputusan ini berubah. ''Saya tahu ternyata untuk turnamen ke Swiss PBSI malah belum mendaftarkan pemainnya. Jadi, di sini saya lihat tidak ada keterbukaan dan kejujuran pengurus,'' kata Taufik.

Dengan begitu, lanjutnya, pengurus rupanya berprinsip cuci tangan. ''Kesannya lebih baik saya sendiri yang gagal bertanding ke All England dibanding banyak pemain yang gagal berlaga ke Swiss karena belum didaftarkan pengurus,'' ungkapnya.

Aturan Ditegakkan

Apa yang dia tuntut tidak lain agar aturan di PBSI ditegakkan. Kalau pemain bersalah, silakan beri sanksi. Begitu pula kalau pengurus berbuat kesalahan harus menerima hukuman.

Sebagai contoh, ketika pelatih Hendrawan sakit, Marlev Mainaky gagal mendampingi pemain tunggal putri ke Malaysia Super Series karena SK belum ditandatangani. Sementara itu, mengapa belum ada SK, Sigit Pamungkas sudah bisa menangani pemain ganda putra? Di sini terlihat bahwa PBSI tidak memiliki aturan yang baku.

''Sebenarnya saya sudah capai melihat organisasi PBSI. Saya tak menyalahkan ketua umum, tetapi bawahannya yang tidak bisa bekerja dengan baik. Aturan dibuat seenak-enaknya. Masak SK bisa dibikin seenak sendiri,'' tegasnya.

''Kalau organisasi begini terus, tidak pernah konsisten, saya yakin bulutangkis Indonesia tidak akan maju,'' tegasnya.

Sebagai insan bulutangkis, Taufik dari hati yang paling dalam pun sebenarnya ingin prestasi Indonesia meningkat. Dia mengharapkan PBSI mampu membuat keputusan yang cepat, termasuk dalam pengiriman pemain ke turnamen di luar negeri. Selama ini, diibaratkan kalau belum naik dan duduk di kursi pesawat, pengiriman pemain serba-tidak jelas.

''Kalau yang dekat-dekat saja tidak bisa membuat keputusan, bagaimana lagi pengurus membuat program prestasi pemain dalam satu tahun ke depan?'' tutur Taufik.

''Sekali lagi, saya ingin bulutangkis kita maju dan tidak ingin menghancurkan PBSI!'' (Broto Happy W./bolanews.com)-

7. kimpe_bultang

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the article...more drama...

..kimpe_bultang, thanks for sharing & looking fw to your translation. If not, perhaps other INAn BCF members can help in(ie. indra, babonimut, DoublesPlayer, Krisna or others)-thanks in advance!;):cool:

From what i've just read quickly, it looks like Taufik is again, putting the "blame" on PBSI. It's also quite ironic when he said(in the 2nd half of the article) that he wants PBSI to confirm in advance players who will go to tournaments overseas. Thing is, isn't he on the list and have gotten his airplane tickets/accommodation booked for the AE?? What is he worried abt?? What is he waiting for?? I really don't understand what is he trying to accomplish by protesting and not going to the AE?? Further, what's his business anyway, in trying to be concerned abt the well being of the other players?? Can't he just behave like any other Pelatnas players and follow order??..Maybe i need to go back and re-read the whole article again and try to get a much clearer picture of what is he trying to say or what his point is...:confused: :p
    Boy, this is really turning into something...:rolleyes: :p :( :eek:

#148 ctjcad, Mar 3, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  9. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yep, exactly. I mean play his own part 1st, make sure that he himself is well disciplined before wanting to correct other players or ppl in the organisation. Boy, HE is turning into something.....:confused::confused::confused:

10. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    Make sure himself is well disciplined before trying to correct the others. Boy, HE is really turning into something.....:confused::confused::confused:

11. kimpe_bultang

Well, for one, I'll see when I hv the time.. :D :D And, he's saying that, PBSI should be more strict with the plyrs.. Like, for example, those plyrs are forbid to play in Swiss Opn.. but, he's saying, why Swiss Opn?? Why not AE?? AE comes first, it doesn't make sense.. And also, PBSI should follow soccer's discipline, when a player got red card, he should not join the next match.. But, PBSI is CHOOSING the tounaments which they should and should not play... That is what Taufik's protesting about.. Well, he's ust like that you know, hahahaha, he likes discipline a lot.. Just like when he walk on Lin Dan bcs of the linejudge, not judging properly.. :D That's the answer, hahaha, yeah, maybe I'll try to translate it fast.. Hahaha.. I'll see to that..

12. kimpe_bultang

Translation here!! ^^

:D :D Yeah, finally finish the translation!! :cool: Well, sorry in advance if the English is not so good, hahahahaha, my English is just standard.. :p But, anyway, hope this makes it clear!! :D :cool:

-“I am disappointed. Actually AE is one of my targets this year. But, for the well being of the organisation, I don’t mind giving up. Me protesting is because I want the best for PBSI.” TH said.

In a café around Senayan area, Wednesday (28/2) at night, Taufik was accompanied by Ami Gumelar, his wife, telling all the problems. He’s doing it so that the national badminton achievement will improve. “My friends will not dare to speak up if they are in front of the PBSI’s people.”

“I will never destroy Ina’s badminton. In fact, I want better system. Not only are the players had to play better, but the management also have to have a better rule,” the 25-year-old chap said.

Taufik confessed that he did not have any anger to his friends who got punishments for going to Papua, last December. What he wants is only one: management have to be more honest and open to players.

Before the SK punishment that states the 7 players not going to Swiss Super Series, he got a news that SK that was signed by the Head of PBSI, Sutiyoso, states that Luluk Hadiyanto, Alven Yulianto, Flandy Limpele, Markis Kido and Rendra Wijaya are before not sent to All England, and Yoga Ukikasah and Yonathan Suryatma are not going to be sent to German Open.

However, the decision changed, “I know that actually for the Swiss Open, PBSI has not send the names of the players. So, from here I see that the management is not open and honest,” Taufik explained.

With that, management decided to wash their hands, “ It looks like it is better if I myself don’t go to AE, rather than more players not going because they have not been registered in Swiss.”

Straightening the Rules

What he wants is that the PBSI’s rules to be straightened. If a player is wrong, he’ll get a punishment. Vice versa, when management has done something wrong, they should receive punishment too.

For example, when coach Hendrawan was sick, Marleve Mainaky fails to accompany Ws players to Malaysia Super Series because SK has not been signed. However, how come Sigit Pamungkas could already handle MD when he did not has the SK? Here, we can see that PBSI has no proper rules.

“Actually, I’m already tired looking at PBSI organisation. I don’t like to blame Sutiyoso (ketua umum-head of PBSI), but the staff that cannot work properly. They make anyhow make rules, how can one make their own SK?”

“If PBSI is going to be like this forever, I believe INA’s badminton cannot move on and be better.”
    Taufik actually really wants INA to be better (badminton) from the bottom of his heart. He hopes that PBSI can make a fast decision, including sending their plyers to another country for tournaments. Until now, I would say that if the players have not sat on the aeroplane, sending the players have not been clear.

“If only in a short period they cannot make a decision, how about making programme for a player for a one year long?” Taufik said.

“One more time, I want our badminton to be better and do not want to destroy PBSI!”-

Well, enjoy!!:D And, no juice added.. Hahaha, comment pleaase.. Hwahaha, this is the first time I'm translating things this much!!:cool:

13. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    thanks for the translation kimpe_bultang.

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Thanks Jessica!!! Anyone knows if the Indon players (Flandy, Markis, Luluk, Alvent) have already left for AE?

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

TY for translating :). It's getting gradually more understandable (the situation I mean, not the translation - the translation is perfect :D).

16. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    I dont think that GB is hurting PBSI by not playing in AE. He is sliding his own reputation down to the drain more and more while losing the chance to win AE, and again in turn he is the one who wil b hurted by this kind of irrational decision.

still remember when he walked away from the court to protest the unfair line judgement. All he had protested is himself by getting his shitty ranking now. Does IBF care about how he reacted and change the way how the line is judged? no.

All i can say is that stop being so naive and be what he potentially can be as he is one of the most talented guys out there. Be a good sportsman. Leave the politics to the management level.

#156 alfa2, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    From the GDP statistics, it is clear that China is among the top nations in the world. But to generate that sort of an income, China needs to engage the most number of people in the world also, whereas, the US, for example needs much less workers.

So, for a more realistic comparison, we should look at statistics that give us how much does a person in a country earns per year, ie, on a "per capita" bais.

The following 2005 statistics may be of a rough guide as they are not updated yet:

http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/globalworldincomepercapita.htm

Just to show the per capta income of some countries:

World Bank Development Indicators 2006

COUNTRY 2004 2005 RANK

Luxembourg 56380 65630 1
    Norway 51810 59590 2
    Switzerland 49600 54930 3
    Denmark 40750 47390 4
    Iceland 37920 46320 5
    United States 41440 43740 6
    Sweden 35840 41060 7
    Ireland 34310 40150 8
    Japan 37050 38980 9
    United Kingdom 33630 37600 10

Canada 28310 32600 19
    Australia 27070 32220 20

Hong Kong, China 27130 27670 23
    Singapore 24740 27490 24
    New Zealand 19550 25960 25

World 6338 6987 48

Malaysia 4520 4960 57
    Thailand 2490 2750 86

China 1500 1740 108

Philippines 1200 1300 118
    Indonesia 1130 1280 120
    India 630 720 137
    Mongolia 600 690 139
    Pakistan 600 690 140
    Vietnam 540 620 145

From the above statistics, China has now overtaken many of the Southeast Asian and South Asian countries.

Many of the world's richest people come form China and India, but the income disparity between the rich and the poor in these countries is getting wider and wider each year.

#157 Loh, Mar 4, 2007
  18. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    So what people?????

• We are not Taufik Hidayat so we cannot judge him or guess what he thinks...
    • He is protesting PBSI and withdrew from AE...SO WHAT? Life goes on.
    • Why are we all so upset and thinks that Taufik owes us something and must go to AE and play??
    • Taufik does not owe anyone anything and he is free to do whatever he wants. PERIOD

19. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    We are free to voice out our thoughts, at least at BC

what you said here is true, but
    • everyone like ctcad or me has the freedom to say out what we feel that is right.
    • if not what's the purpose of this forum? i thought it is to share the thoughts of the members at BC?
    • This is life, people give comments on what you do or don't.
    • When ppl feel that the thing you do is a right thing to do, ppl will give compliments and if it isnt, you will KENA BASH. simple.
    • SO WHAT, and then Life goes on. PERIOD. :D:D:D:D

#159 alfa2, Mar 4, 2007
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    We are interested in TH because we are interested in what's going on in the badminton scene, especially those concerning 'special' players in the top echelon of world badminton.

Most of us admire TH as a very talented badminton player and since he has come forth to say earlier that he wants to win the AE to make it a sort of a Grand Slam in badminton (AE, WC and OG), we are certainly interested in how he's going to do it.

The recent PBSI episode has put us in disarray and we are saddened if TH is not participating as we expect to see fireworks during the AE with his presence, and some probably have booked tickets just to see him play.

If TH has decided to hang up his racket and retire for good, of course we will also be saddened but then his name will slowly be erased off our minds as time passes by.

So you can't blame us for not wanting to know as much as possible what he intends to do for now. ;)