Alternative strings (different vendors) to BG66 (most repulsion)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by jackkau, Oct 18, 2010.

1. jackkau

jackkau Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi,

I am a stringer but I only stocked Yonex strings. I like to try strings from other vendors as well but there are so many of them.

I will start with the string type I like best - Yonex BG66 which has the most repulsion but very bad durability. I am looking for alternative strings from other vendors that deliver similar repulsion and yet better durability compare to BG66. I know Yonex has NBG98 can match my requirement but it is so expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

2. d3vi4nt

d3vi4nt Regular Member

From what I've read I'd say BG85 or BG80. I like the texture of the 66 and 80. Haven't tried the 85 but they seem to have a good texture too. Never tried the NBG98 but it seems like it has a coating on top of the strings to make it more durable but I'm worried the coating will make it slippery. I tried the BG68ti and didn't like the slippery titanium coating. The sound was good though but it sucked hearing a good sound and still losing. Haven't broken a string yet so durability in that regard isn't a problem. Tension has dropped on me before so keeping an eye on that between the strings. Strings are at 24 lbs now. Have tried higher but I'm new and the higher tensions are unforgiving on my newbness.