another racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by idweltall, Mar 6, 2008.

1. idweltall

idweltall Regular Member

Could anyone suggest me a new racket? I've been using mp-99 for single and double for over three years now. I'm looking for another racket that is similar to mp-99. I'm considering nanospeed 9000x, since when i tried it, it just delivers so much power. I've tried armotech 700, and I didn't like it at all since it's really head heavy for me. It just didn't give much and control and it's not accurate. What I didn't like about my mp-99 is that it gives a poor backhand control (clear and drop, drive is okay) as oppose of using carbonex series which is more flexible. I often lose a point when my opponent give a high lift to the backhand side which to the point i couldn't use my overhead. I string with bg-85, didn't like bg-66 or bg-68ti. I'm more an all-round player who likes to drop and slice, clear, smash, netting, control, yeah about everything. I'm also considering At-900t from its good review, but never tried it.

2. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

i think an armortec 900 would be suitable for you. If u like smashing when ever you get the chance get the power. If u like doing net shots and u like to do everything th technique is good for u. Both rackets are less head heavy than the at 700. I personally think the mp 99 is more similar to the power as i hav tried both.

3. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

yea AT700 hater here also lol:)

How about Ti-10 3U, abit head heavy only, not as extreme as AT700

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

At700's not bad. It's really powerful, and your control wont be affected much at all if you get used to it. But.. it took me quite a long time to get used to it anyway.

5. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

hah no i don't hate the at 700 its a really powerful racket. When i borrowed it from me friend clears were effortless and smashes were more powerful as well. But i just preferred the feel of the 900p. just a personal preference. and he asked for a less head heavy racket both the 900 is a bit less head heavy as well