Anybody tried Felet rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SSSSNT, Dec 26, 2021.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Especially their high end ones? Goh V Shem seems to be using it.

IIRC it used to be called Fleet. A review from Youtube says it's much higher quality than Yonex. Anyone has experience with this brand? Thinking of getting one.

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

And that's how you know that review is BS. General statements like that just cannot be made. On top of that, Victor and Yonex are brands that are known to have good quality rackets.

My experience with Felt/Fleet is mostly from stringing two rackets of the same player. Both of them were strung around 12 kp (26 ½ lbs?) and while being rated up to 35 lbs, both showed sinking on the inside of the frame after just two or three restrings. I even changed some of the grommets after the job, but there's just so much they can do...

That being said, the two rackets were likely manufactured in the same charge and it could just be bad luck... but saying that all rackets of one brand are better than all rackets from another brand disqualifies that person to review rackets.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

There is no valid answer to this. Thing vary from people to people.

So does Yonex being the greatest brand own the best racket with the best material & the best tech? I would say big no. Is there better material to produce racket? Probably yes, can it produced with more advance tech to create way better product? Might be possible. But there is many aspect to be considered. For example :
    1. why makes SSS quality product when S is more than enough.
    2. Why use more expensive material or tech when regular material are fine. You wont buy a racket that priced 1000 USD right even if it can hold 50lbs & survive plane crash.
    What important was when Yonex state S grade are OK, how Yonex can maintain its production to achieve this S grade product constantly. This where quality check takes its role. So specificly no brand would say his product are bad, they always claim no.1 even if it just stupid mineral water.

In general compare to other brand, does other had better quality? Can be if they set their standard higher. But can they produce it constantly? Thats the challange. Well all Yonex max tension never pass 30lbs yet other small brand dare to put 35 or even 40lbs. Is it better? You judge it yourself. It also possible that its marketing strategy to attract buyer. Afterall who even need 40lbs....

Last the ridicilous reason.
    Some people are just had bad luck like my friend never had good experience with Asus (Notebook & Phone). Everytime he buy Asus, he always get bad product. Idk, maybe he makes a great sin to Asus owner on his life before this:eek:. So.... Does Asus good or bad? Ask my friend & he will say its a trash. For me, im fine with Asus.
    Or some of my friend just hate Victor shoes coz it become slippery fast. My Victor Shoes, still in good shape & grippy. Little weardown on the sole, good looking upper. Just the glue start to giving up. Maybe im just fated with my SHA950CA, or.... The shoes name with my Feng Shui calculation fit my name & birthday:p. Idk....

So to answer it. You need to buy it, experience it, & judge it yourself:D

EdwinD and Simeon like this.
  4. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I think it's just the reviewer's opinion. But he does have both brand's top range rackets so he does have experience with them.

Was it a long time ago you strung those rackets and is it their top end line? I always viewed Fleet or Felet as a low end brand but it seems they've completely revamped in the past few years.

mouzee82 likes this.
  5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The rackets are roughly 1 ½ year old now. i do not remember the model, but since he didn't have to pay for them, I assume they were not on the low end.
    These pictures were taken after roughly one year (slightly less, I think), but most of it without badminton due to Covid.
    PSX_20211227_161141.jpg
    PSX_20211227_161201.jpg
    If you can see which racket it is from these pictures, you tell me if it's high or low end.

6. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I think it's their old model before changing brand, the Fleet Volitant Force. It's quite cheap so it must be one of their low end racket.

Simeon likes this.
  7. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

even mizuno is copying felet - so they should be doing something right :)

8. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Have you tried their Felet's top range rackets? The TJ Power or TJ 1000 perhaps?

9. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yes I do have tj power 1st version (3u) - it is quite beefy and powerful racket for me it was too slow for fast paced doubles/mix, do not know whether second version (yellow) is not that head heavy. I heard (from sellers) that tj power packs some punch as well and 3u version probs would be better for singles.
    woven diamond (mizuno now has the same frame in prototype 3) it is the best all arounder I have ever tried, very forgiving very easy to play with lots of power and control. I won lots of tournaments with this racket.
    And I currently use aero carbons in 3u, just because I wanted aero frame with 80 holes and yes it is very very good racket, very fast with plenty of feel and power.
    So yes professional/top felet rackets are in the same league as other brands.

Barkov Maxim and Simeon like this.
  10. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Thanks for the insight!

I have heard really really good things about the Aero Carbon. Thinking of getting the 4U cause I only play doubles. How is it in your opinion compared to the more expensive TJs/Diamond?

11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

For me 3u sometimes seems a bit too light :) and I do not practice singles, it is not as stable as diamond, a tad flexier, but even more faster and thus more powerful (head weight is basically identical)

SSSSNT likes this.
  12. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Hi, anyone tried the TJ power V2, diamond woven, woven TI 3000, WOVEN TJ 1000 rackets ?

never tried before felet rackets, but have heard that their quality is good for the price point

13. mouzee82

mouzee82 New Member

I have a Woven Ti-3000. A stiff racket and HH but when you played, you couldn't feel the heaviness. For me it's suitable for decent smash, drive and control. Placement is accurate due to its shaft stiffness. However defense can be better.

Sent from my CPH2217 using Tapatalk

Barkov Maxim likes this.
  14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Tried Woven TJ power and TJ 1000 in both 4U and 3U.
    I preferred Woven TJ Power 3U over 4U since the 4U version is too light for me to generate any decent smash out of it. 3U Version felt perfect in hand and super easy to play with. Eventhough I've never play 3U rackets before because it's too heavy for me. Felet 3Us are on the lighter side so for me it's perfect.

TJ1000 4U is good for all-rounder. 3U is a bit more heavy so attacking player will like it. TJ1000 3U felt like 88D Pro 4U version which is not as heavy as people might think.

Lim Beng Ee and Barkov Maxim like this.
  15. Gpower

Gpower New Member

I have a few felet zf2 and they play great, says 35lbs on the frame, one of rackets frame slightly got out of shape at 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock however you look at it but not sure what caused it or it came like that and I didn't notice it.

Funny enough it was the lightest out of the 4 I bought. It looks just like the original zf2 by yonex which I have 3 3u original UK coded ones but the shaft is not as thin as yonex zf2.

Definitely a quality racket with power and control and plays great with bg66 ultimax

16. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

i just bough felet titanium ti88
    some said it's upgraded version of felet aerocarbon (speed and power up 1 level)
    i strung with xb65 26/28lbs

feels great with speed(it's very fast racket, i need to adjust my swing timing to smash), but the smash is not really powerful
    the technology is great, nano tube whatever feels like WES technology from victor

already crash with floor because it slipped from my hand, still okay no chip (i use felet grip)
    i can say that im satisfied with my felet ti88

some says it feels like yonex 7 pro, but i've never tried that racket. so i cant say much about that

my opinion about your youtuber is maybe this youtuber has POV that this felet is worth to buy
    with less than $100 u can get good quality racket and can get strung with high lbs 35>
    some people think that racket can strung high lbs means the durability of frame is good
    not like big 3 racket that max lbs around 28-30 and price is more than $100

but after my babblings, the decision is yours
    just buy the racket and u can test it by yourself
    and tell us about ur experience

ps, felet website provides detailed information about their product

17. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

If you try 4U version of the Ti-88 then it should be closer to 90K II or 100X since its a head heavy stiff racket with fast frames.
    Arc 7 pro impact felt "softer" but I def got a lot more power with TI-88

18. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I agree that TI-88 is similar to the Ars100x because at one point I used both at the same time. But 100x definitely performs slightly better in all aspects compared to the TI-88. Otherwise both rackets are similar

19. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

whoa thanks guys for info
    i always want to try 100x and 90k ii
    but the price is too high for me
    so i bought this ti88
    overall i think felet is good brand

they just released badminton shoes that has technologies like big 3 with good price
    sometimes you just have to give small brand a chance to prove that they're worthy too

20. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

I got 4U racket Felet Aero Carbon one week ago. It is strung BG-65 with 25 lbs, I gues. Ordered from BRR.
    I played two sessions with feather and plastic shatles. The string is spoiling the impression but I could say a few words.
    I still struggle with wrist pain, so my impression is affected by this factor.
    It is fast and repulsive. Defence is very good as well as dropshots. Very good control. Clears are good, but smashes not so powerful.
    Smash precision is nice, but no big boom.

It is suitable for feather and plastic. In general I like it. 100% It requires a new string to open its potential.

My rackets in the bag:
    2x Li-Ning Tectonic 7 4U (my favorite)
    Felet Aero Carbon 4U (serious candidate for place in the bag)
    Abroz Nano 9900 Power 5U? (test period)
    reserve
    Astrox 100zz 3U
    sold:
    Astrox 99 play 4U (too boring and not repulsive)
    Li-Ning windstorm 72 6-7U (too light, not enough power)
    Kawasaki honor S9 4U (vibration in the handle, bad control)