Apacs Ziggler grommets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by TimmyBS, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

Sorry for this silly question but I have 2 two apacs ziggler rackets which have some broken grommets and I am looking for replacement. I love playing with those rackets and don't want them to retire yet.

Recently, I've found some retailer stocking Yonex VTZF2 grommets (a pack including infused tungsten grommets). Is it possible to use those ZF2 grommets on my APACS Ziggler rackets?

Thank you very much, have a good day BCers!!

2. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Welll you can but I wont buy costly VTZF grommet for my apacs . Not sure the strip would fit or not . Better to go for generic ones.

3. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

But they have infused tungsten grommets so where can I find them? The other grommets I can go for generic :)

4. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you I'm in UK now :)

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I highly doubt that the Apacs has tungsten infused grommets. I'm almost 100% certain it's just regular plastic grommets.

The original strips ZF2 strips will not fit on it, the racket design is different.

Go for generic grommets. You can find them at many places online or on ebay.

6. milton

milton Regular Member

On the description on badmintonbay it says infused grommets but I doubt it is with tungsten. I recommend you get the yonex z force ones as they will probably last a long time making them alright value. I'm pretty sure the dimensions on the apacs are copied 100% so they should fit.

7. milton

milton Regular Member

There are several different apacs ziggler rackets too say it may be helpful to say exact model.

8. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

9. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

Good catch, the material is definitely not tungsten, I'm just wondering if the other grommets could fit and where I can find at least a plastic one. The design of the racket is said to be 99% same with the orginal ZF2 so it also has 4 special grommet strips (I'm not sure what they are called) on top left, right and bottom of the frame.

#9 TimmyBS, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  10. milton

milton Regular Member

You should be able to check if they fit by comparing with a yonex z force 2 and then I would order those as I think this would be a good 'upgrade' for only a couple of pounds.

The grommets are only £3 (plus shipping from japan) at shuttlehouse so it's not too much of a risk. To be honest if you can get the genuine grommets and they don't fit I'd be ineterested in buying them for my z force 2.

11. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

I've ordered one pack of ZF2 Grommets from Shuttle-house (JP) and it arrived just in 5 days. The ZF2 grommets look very smooth but unfortunately they won't fit in my Zigglers.

In a nutshell, ZF2 grommets are smaller then Ziggler's, regarding the radius of the holes or the length of the grommets. They weighs the same.

Talking about those new grommet strips on the ZF2 and Ziggler, they are just a marketing hype I must say. They are not easy to pop in and pop out at all. Once a grommet on that strip gets broken, you know you are f***ed cuz you will need to replace the whole stuff.

Reminder: Again, don't buy ZF2 grommets to replace on your Ziggler, they wont fit :)

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Sorry for the long bump, but, how about for other Yonex voltrics, like VT1 LCW, VT LD3 or VT LD9, would the VTZF2 grommets fit in them?

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    IIRC these rackets use regular grommets and no grommet strips.

14. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Oh ok. I thought the hole size and spacing for yonex rackets are the same for similar number of holes.