arcsaber z slash transition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by davidhy8, Mar 9, 2013.

1. davidhy8

davidhy8 Regular Member

Petroleum engineer
    2 years ago I got into badminton, and took lessons and used a basic $20 racket. 1 week ago I got the arcsaber z slash. I played 2-3 sessions so far for 1-3 hours each session. Out every 10 Shots I hit 1-5 Rim shots, and they get very annoying. Can you give me some advice in reducing the amount of rim shots, techniques on how to get used to the racket faster, drills to do, and how to be more on target.
    ~David

2. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    You do know that the z-slash has a narrower frame than regular rackets right? If you didn't, then you should have done some research on it before you bought the racket.
    A lot of people that bought the z-slash when it first came out complained about mistiming their hits due to the smaller head and faster swing speed. It'll take a week or two to completely adjust to the timing issues, but in the meantime there's not much you can do but play more so you familiarize yourself with how the racket plays.

3. davidhy8

davidhy8 Regular Member

Petroleum engineer
    K, yeah I knew it had a narrower, thanks for the advice, I guess Ill just keep on practicing.

4. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Hi Davidhy8,

It's a very good racket. Yes the frame is smaller BUT it train you on hitting your shots square on centre. I've 2 of them amongst others and have make it a point to switch between them during play (new game), more for allowing the grips to dry rather than not been comfortable with it.

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

You just need to practice and generally use the racket a lot to get used to it

6. davidhy8

davidhy8 Regular Member

Petroleum engineer
    Thanks for the advice