AxForce 80 or Astrox77 Pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xinless, Aug 22, 2023.

1. xinless

xinless New Member

Hi , I’m seeking advice between the as77p and axforce 80.

i’m roughly a low intermediate player who usually plays doubles and occasionally plays singles. I enjoy playing both the front and back court.

Any advice as to which racket would be better? or like any opinions about the rackets would help too!

2. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

if you're a low intermediate player get the easier racket. Out of the two the 77 Pro is the easier one to use.

3. xinless

xinless New Member

I see, sorry why is the 77pro easier to use? I seen people say that it’s stiffer compared to the axforce 80

4. Nyamsus

Nyamsus New Member

I'm currently using 77 pro and totally love it. I have tried my friend's ax80 and i don't like the feeling. The shaft is just a bit softer than 77pro, nothing too significant (if you are a fast swinger, the 77pro's shaft will bend as much). But overall i like the meatier feeling of hitting the shuttle with the 77pro more. So in my opinion, 77pro is better in terms of feeling

5. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    In my personal experience trying my peer's Axforce 80 & used to have the 77 Pro, 77 Pro for sure is the easier racket to use. Axforce 80 is a bit stiffer than the Astrox 77 Pro in my experience. I would +1 for the Astrox 77 Pro. It isn't too head heavy though.

6. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

The 77 pro also has a more conventional frame and not a compact frame. Makes hitting the sweetspot a bit easier. the 77 pro also has a shorter handle/longer shaft making power generation a bit easier.

7. xinless

xinless New Member

wait, does the axforce 80 have a compact frame?

8. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I believe the AxForce 80 shares similar design language as the Yonex Astrox 100zz, which does have a compact frame.