Badminton:IBF to decide on points format

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by ants, Apr 28, 2006.

1. event

event Regular Member

On what do you base this expectation? I realize that this letter from the RBF exists but have you read somewhere that the RBF both have both the authority and the volition to add to this meeting's agenda a challenge to Gunalan's job?

2. thiery

thiery Regular Member

I read it somewhere saying that the appointment of a new VP is one of the agendas.

3. cliffy

cliffy Regular Member

Hmm.. yeah.. 21 point system prevents players from being more adventurous in their play when holding serve as every mistake holds a point. Personally I disliked the 21 point system but news out from IBF is that the new scoring system is here to stay... sigh.. I wish they revert back to 15 point system which is more exciting with prolonged play that will also test player's endurance and provide every opportunity to fightback and also allow for more tactical play than the current 21 point system...

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Did you watch the singles match between Bao CL and Sony, especially the second game? That game shows some amazing comeback by Bao. Also did you notice that the matches were of a very high quality between evenly matched players? The focus and concentration were of much higher standard than previous Thomas/Uber Cup matches.
    Also, how do you like the live broadcasts? The scoreboard is updated instantly. I wonder how its done? It must be from the umpire. Commentators are more professional, giving us some insight into how Asian and Europeon methods of training and player selection. There is even a 1 minute interval in the middle of a game, which shows a detail scoring sequence on the left of the screen. The interval is not only for TV advertising but serves me well too, as I find it very convenient to leave my seat to fetch a drink without missing out on anything.
    At the end of each match they show a live interview with the winners, translated into English, Mandarin, Cantonese. At the ned of eah game and match they also show highlights of the game.
    Having played with the old system for many years and the new system for 5 months, I think the new system will bring badminton to a new level.

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

commendable though all this is,
    none of it is to do with scoring by rally or serve.
    All of this can be done with either system

6. event

event Regular Member

Here we go. Yet another thread to unsubscribe to before it deteriorates to another "I hate rally-point" vs. taneepak propaganda. I only say "propaganda" because it seems that five months ago taneepak made up his mind as quickly to love the new system as he accused some of the rest of having done to hate it.

And no, I didn't notice any live broadcast in any language because I don't live in any of the three countries in the world where such things exist but rather in one of the two hundred others where, even if you try a thousand different scoring systems, no TV station will give two s***s about badminton until it is marketed properly.

#26 event, May 6, 2006
    Last edited: May 6, 2006
  7. event

event Regular Member

Here we go. Yet another thread to unsubscribe to before it deteriorates to another "I hate rally-point" vs. taneepak propaganda. I only say "propaganda" because it seems that five months ago taneepak made up his mind as quickly to love the new system as he accused some of the rest of having done to hate it.

8. 3dG's

3dG's New Member

hellooo...just wanna share my opinion..i just watch the uber cup between china and netherland..and i still feel that the old 15pt system is better than this new system..from my chilhood till now, i fell that it is not as interesting as before and not adventure as before.i still remember how our malaysian badminton fan club shout every time fight with indonesia or china team..it was really interesting and adventurous and always make my heart dip dup dip dup and run so fast esp in critical and climax situation...but now i almost lost all the feelling..i really hope that the old system will be use in the next time in all badminton games..it just my hope but all depend on the IBF...anyway good luck to all and i'll going to watch for final game between china and denmark tomorrow(in tv..hehe) and i think it will be a nice game...although not as interesting as 15pts system..

to event :u can try online tv (http://wwitv.com/portal.htm) and search for china channel..i think they will show the final game tomorrow..

#28 3dG's, May 6, 2006
    Last edited: May 6, 2006
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I'll just stick to match commentary here ;) Every matchup except for China v Germany TC and some UC matches was exciting. Was about to give up on 21 after China V Germany but everything after that ... :cool:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member