BAM in a MESS! 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, May 14, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    that the usual self of bam

limsy would like to run the bam-corporate

iah!
    i can rest for 10 years from supporting malaysia player then
    because pemuda say he will discard whole bam player after lcw retired
    hehe

i agree with most of the part in ur post
    uncle taneepak
    except this
    england is near to the top 6?
    does u even saw them in tc 2010?they cant even beat denmark
    england will even lost to india in the upcoming commonwealth games
    lol

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The coaches mentioned that the back-up shuttlers should be sent to major tournaments. In the end, however, it is still BAM who makes the decision. Oops, did they hear what the coach said? Perhaps they forgot. Anyway, it would either be -> :(:):confused:

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have heard from reliable sources about the poor team unity between the mens doubles players and the singles players. At one time all the doubles players who were eliminated in earlier rounds did not turn up to support their singles players playing against opponents.
    If you have a chief or head singles coach and another chief or head doubles coach there will be rilvary that can get out of hand. This tendency to be independent even at the expense of adverse morale on another group can perhaps be solved with one supreme head coach, like say LYB of China.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    it was a rumor instead of reliable sources
    as what i know
    player are united
    not only ms and md
    and also ws,wd and xd
    lol
    of course
    there are some ............. in squad

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if the seeding for the Elimination Rd. calls for MAS (if group winner) to face INA (if group winner) in the bottom half, then Hauge is correct that it all comes down to the players. If MAS' players had done their job in the group play and became the group winner, then most likely they will not have to face CHN before the Finals Rd.
    I certainly think they have a 50-50 chance vs. INA should they meet in the Semis.
    INA players had done their job and secured themselves from facing CHN until the Final Rd. as CHN was the team everyone tried to avoid until Finals Rd.

I think all of these blaming and "excuses" from players/coaches stemmed from their group play loss vs. JPN...not so much from their loss against CHN in the Semis. Although their effort in losing vs. CHN, in the Semis, might've played somewhat in these "excuses" on why they lost..
    ..maybe he's saying that in a diplomatic way..

How about this article prior to the Uber Cup Final:
    http://internationalbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=35050
    "We will meet our old foes in the final. We have played South Korea in five previous finals and won them all. I don't think that record will change," said Li. "I'm confident our girls will win the trophy for the 12th time."
    ..i'm sure you know the result by know?..is that a comment of cockyness (which LYB rightly has considering his record)? or arrogance?.. where was LYB's humbleness or cunning closing gambit as he mentioned earlier in the week abt M'sia's chances??..

#205 ctjcad, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nothing personal against Nadzmi... BAM should drop him. He is playing too many roles. Sure Proton is the Major Sponsor.. but there is many Corporation who is willing to be the main sponsor. A sponsor shouldnt take charge of the Association. Politics has happened.

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Morten Frost quit as Chief Coach sometime in late 90s reason being too much interference by management in the selection of players.Today, he admits he should have accomodated the request..

I think this idea of strongman like LI Yong Bo or Park Joo Bong style may not be popular with BAM, to them there may be other priorities given our "feudal" like culture to please "important"people. The game may just be a tool to serve other interests rather than the other way round. Once we accept this concept, just like in other institutions, we will be quite contented.
    It is not true only of BAM but in many many other institutions where loyalty is the most important virtue. Sorry for speaking in riddles but I'm sure by now we should understand our "culture".

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

There's more in the Star today including "mirror mirror on the wall " and the old "think tank".

Remember Cooler quoting Einstein ? Vested interests and comfort lead to self denial and refusal to think out of the box.
    Without sounding like an old record, I am personally happy with the status quo,we are not doing too badly,

most people are contented ,why rock the boat, loyalty counts etc? We are what we are ,that's our culture.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Henry Kessinger once said that academic politics are always bitter because there is so little at stake. So it is here. Most bitter and caustic politics come from people with nothing to lose. We see that in every day life.
    Sometimes, it is good to take a more measured approach after some thought. One way to do this is to try to assume the role of the person you want changed or be replaced. Then the whole perspective becomes more realistic and less irresponsible. Once in a while just put your money where your mouth is.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

The status quo may look OK at the moment, but in years to come when there is a genuine slide because of lack of continuity in talent then there may be a drastic change required. To avoid that situation it is important to address future plans not current affairs and history alone, i wonder if that is the case now.
    It is possible to go on the lines of the PBSI,maybe it will work, people are trying now, they are putting their money where their mouth is, but it looks like money really hard-earned.

11. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

simplified it .

We need a change Management.

what i meant by change management is:

change structure,change mindset and change culture.

Modernised training programme and adopted constructive strategy

12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It may well work , it may eventually be required, but then here comes the problem , except for men's doubles where Msia is a leader,

in the singles when was the last time we had 2 good singles, Rashid , FKK or Lee Chong Wei ,Wong Choon Han. Ong Ewe Hock?

I think even Denmark or Japan is having this problem. When LCW appeared in 2003 everyone sat up and took notice, have we seen anyone even close in recent years? WE may be able to win SS but because of weakness caused by depth in singles it will be difficult in the Thomas Cup as n the past.

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    in short, a total overhaul?:D

only middle and bottom overhaul might seem possible :cool:

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Im sure we can have a total overhaul... The president can step down and be an advisor. At least no need to play active role in BAM.

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Are you chaps jumping to conclusions and making recommendations even before the facts-finding phase is completed? Also, what is the problem? Without defining the problem correctly, how can you even think about a solution? It is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
    Frankly, I am rather surprised by Ants setting his shooting sight on the president without a shred of convincing evidence.
    It may appear to be a simple thing : defining the problem. A problem is a deviation from a set standard. Now, pls define the problem. It will be interesting to find out if you chaps can agree to one correct problem. Frankly, I am not convinced at all.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is possble that Ants and pBm8 with regular contact with BAM know a lot of things that is best left unsaid.

I wouldn't divulge any details if I were them. Maybe we can just wait and see if their predictions eventually come true, that is the absolute test of

credibilty. They are neither in a position to judge as the decisions are made by others behind the lines

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

One of the not so secret secret is poor health I think.

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    hey mate, you can post your opinion all day and night long but don't quote me inside, ok? :cool:

its not nice to lay your eggs in other people's nest :p

19. ants

ants Regular Member

I'm just saying on what i know and what is known by the players. There is many things that happens. Datuk Nadzmi has been around for many years and we have not seen much improvement. The only thing i can see one thing that he did right is to expose the womens players after Wong Mew Choo heroic wins.
    However there is many things that cannot be revealed by the players since they will be very much worried that their job is on the line.
    Datuk Nadzmi need to have his hands off from the coaching committee.
    Thomas Cup failure is not the players fault alone. Yes they are to be blamed for the lost since they are the one running on court. But preparation has to be done... years before that. BAM have learned their lessons during the INDONESIA THOMAS/UBER CUP outing.. and things get repeated.

BAM says something regarding the players, coaches. Why not they say something on the operations? Why is no one blaming the President of not doing his work well? Im sure Datuk Nadzmi and some of his alliance did something that caused this to happen.

Besides that why is there no transparency on the winnings and prize money to the players? Sponsorship moneys etc?...

Players need to eat and yes.. they need to enjoy. They are human as well.

Only time will tell... things will reveal and takes its natural course.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This type of problem solving will lead to no where. It will just spin off more useless debate on much ado about nothing.
    The title of this thread says BAM is in a mess, and by default is seen as the problem and as a deviation from a better state. Now what is that better state?
    And what is the mess? You must know exactly what these two states are before you can start solving the problem.
    Is the mess not winning the TC? Or losing to Japan? Or for not thrashing Denmark 5-0 instead of only 3-2? Or for hitting back at BAM about Ganga Rao? Or LCW being humiliated by LD? Or have you asked is it really a mess?
    Take stock of this : Malaysia did enter the TC semi-finals after beating Denmark, which by itself is quite an achievement. Had Malaysia met Indonesia in the semi-finals the end result in the finals would not be any different. So, what is the beef?
    The more disappointing one is the womens Uber cup performance, yet all the barbs are thrown the mens way.
    Let emotions simmer down and allow the facts finding to go ahead to try to find out objectively what did not meet the nation's expectations. For a start winning one or both the TC and UC was never expected.