BG 80P vs NBG99

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by phantan123, Aug 31, 2019.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The chart is not right. I can understand that a company wants to make it easy to choose, but this is totally off and not according to my real life on court impressions. NBG95 and NBG98 are softer than NBG99. BG65 as well. Don't trust any of these charts. In there racket charts there is also some bs. The VTFB is head heavier than Arc11 etc. I know both rackets and the head weight of the Arc11 is 5g heavier than the VTFB for example. IMO it is better to get hands on strings and rackets and irgnoring these charts. They produce more confusion than clear comparison.

2. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

Sure sure i get that everyone is different and opinions do differ from time to time and i get that so no hard feelings.
    Also Yonex's string graph is garbage and has never been a reliable source to judge a strings performance. I.e compare BG80 to BG66UM. Yonex said the durability of both is a 6 while BG80 is thicker and has been proven to be more durable than 66UM.

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You should definitely give ABBT a try. It can be weird thinking about hybrid strings and how it may be inconsistent and all that, but IMO once you try it you'll notice how it's almost better than BG80 in every way, and this is coming from an avid BG80 person in the past. It might be a bit more expensive for now, or a bit less durable, but you might end up liking it so much it'll be hard to switch to something else. I'm really hoping they'll release ABBT in reels soon to drop the price.

phantan123 likes this.
  4. phantan123

Yes i can see why ABBT would be a great string on its own and has qualities that myself would also like to try. Speaking of ABBT i want to see someone buying 2 sets of the thing and strung with only the 0.72mm vectran to see how it feels :). Im not expecting it to be repulsive im just wondering how durable it will be.

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I will probably never do that but from my experience of ABBT and imagining the aerosonic gone and replaced by the mains, it would be the most awful string.

phantan123 likes this.
  6. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

You should try the BG85

I moved from 80 to 85, cos of the hard feeling....and the 85 is a tad softer.

Durability is better on 85, at least for me

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

phantan123 likes this.
  7. phantan123

I would have liked to try BG 85 as well but it isnt sold in my local shop for some reason, but that shop happens to have BG68Ti, which personally i dont think anyone wanna use. Also, technically speaking it shouldnt be more durable since its thinner but i understand where you are coming from.
    Anyways, after using NBG99 for 2 months, im quite pleased with the string, although i should have strung it 2lbs higher since later on it became too soft for my liking. The performance was very acceptable for me and the playability remains for a long time. It hasnt snapped yet but im going to cut because it has become too numb and is fraying more often.
    After this i will try BG80P next. And since people say it drops tension quicker, im going to string it at 29lbs (2lbs higher compared to my normal BG80 tension)

8. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

As for tension, the 85 seems to retain tension pretty well.

I strung at 27/29 and it always come out 27.8lbs on stringster app.

After 1 month, it's 25lbs on the app. Seems good to me

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk