Bitburger Open GP Gold 2015 : Qualifying-FINAL (27th October-1st November 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex French Badminton Open / Bitburger Badminton ' started by CLELY, Oct 26, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Results for Court 1 thus far.

1. Starting at 11:00 AM WS
    Kirsty Gilmour Scotland win Denmark Natalia Koch Rohde 21-13 21-16

2. Followed by WD
    Tang Yuanting / Yu Yang (F) China win Bulgaria Gabriela Stoeva / Stefani Stoeva 21-16 21-9

3. Followed by XD
    Vitalij Durkin / Nina Vislova Russia win Germany Michael Fuchs / Birgit Michels 21-17 15-21 21-13

4. Followed by MD
    Vladimir Ivanov / Ivan Sozonov Russia win Chinese Taipei Chen Hung Ling / Wang Chi-Lin 21-13 21-10

5. Followed by MS
    Rajiv Ouseph England win Denmark Hans-Kristian Vittinghus 24-26 21-9 21-13

6. Followed by WD
    Poon Lok Yan / Tse Ying Suet Hong Kong win Thailand Puttita Supajirakul / Sapsiree Taerattanachai 17-21 21-18 21-17

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

3 upsets detected at court 1 today.

Vitalij Durkin / Nina Vislova did a good job to dispose of a highly ranked German XD player. Both played so well throughout the whole tournament thus winning the match convincingly.

Rajiv Ouseph created the biggest upset and surprise here when he disposed off Hans Kristian Vittinghus and the second set of the score 21-9 is totally unbelievable.

Poon Lok Yan / Tse Ying Suet also created another upset by winning over a more favourable Thailand WD. Both of them played to well today to win the match convincingly.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Results for court 2 thus far are as follows.

1. Starting at 11:00 AM WD
    Jongkolphan Kititharakul / Rawinda Prajongjai Thailand win Netherlands Samantha Barning / Iris Tabeling 21-15 23-21

2. Followed by MD
    Hirokatsu Hashimoto / Noriyasu Hirata Japan win Thailand Puavaranukroh Dechapol / Kedren Kittinupong 21-19 21-13

3. Followed by WS
    Busanan Ongbumrungphan Thailand win Japan Nozomi Okuhara 17-21 21-10 21-19

4. Followed by MS
    Ng Ka Long Angus Hong Kong win Chinese Taipei Chou Tien Chen 16-21 21-16 21-14

5. Followed by XD
    Robert Mateusiak / Nadiezda Zieba Poland win Indonesia Praveen Jordan / Debby Susanto 21-13 21-19

6. Followed by MS
    Wong Wing Ki Vincent Hong Kong win Chinese Taipei Tzu Wei Wang 21-13 21-23 21-18

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Upset has also been detected at court 2.

First and foremost Angus Ng Ka Long won his game over the seeded 1 player in this tournament Chou Tien Chen. Sad to say that my idol lost today. On the brighter side of the day Angus really played very well today and controlled the game very well hence winning the match convincingly.

I guess the greatest upset is definitely created by Robert Mateusiak / Nadiezda Zieba an unranked Poland player who won over a highly ranked Indonesia Xd Praveen Jordan / Debby Susanto in straight sets. Oh my looks like we are going to see more upsets coming in as the match progresses.

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Robert/Zieba are highly experienced and former top 10 pair correct me if I am wrong..
    They were out of scene for while coz Zieba was injured(?) I am not sure though!

6. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Correct, they have won at least one Super Series as well. Can't remember which one, but I do know that they beat Ahsan/Natsir in the final.

7. kalippo

kalippo Regular Member

They were world no.1 for one week in 2010 and I think Zieba became a mother. now they are back winning 4 tournaments in a row along side a 2nd and 3rd place finish

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (02.00pm local time, 2 court) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...24B11B-7C9E-450D-84D5-48D8A5105EF5&d=20151031

Some suprising outcomes happened yesterday, the underdogs are rising in this GP Gold and may continue their run in final.

Top-seed and defending champion Chou TC was ousted by HKG youngster Angus Ng KL in rubber games, first ever winning of their 4 meeting by this 13th seed. Another HKG player Vincent Wong WK also through to last four and involved in gruelling match against TPE promising MS Wang TW yesterday. We'll see two interesting semifinal ties between Vincent Wong WK v Ouseph and Angus Ng KL v home favourite Zwiebler.

The battle of excellent talent, Yamaguchi v Intanon. Both of them had won world junior champion more than once and transformed smoothly into senior stage. It'll close contest as their head to head displayed, 3-3. One remaining semifinal clash also will pit young blood, Busanan v Gilmour. Busanan created a dramatic turnaround when she's trailed far behind 9-17 at decider then he sealed with 21-19 against Okuhara yesterday.

Two Japanese MD progressed, Kamura/Sonoda and Hashimoto/Hirata had relatively comfortable to eliminate their quarterfinal rivals. Danish #2 Conrad/Kolding unexpectedly needed extra effort to defeat their teammate and will take on Kamura/Sonoda while second seed Russian outplayed TPE combo Chen HL/Wang CL and gets Japanese hurdle next, Hashimoto/Hirata.

China frontrunner Tang YT/Yu Y keeps their convincing run and highly favoured to book final berth against the inexperienced Thai WD Kittiharakul/Prajongjai. Malaysian Vivian Hoo/Woon KW will up against tricky test Poon LY/Tse YS, HKG pair may spring an upset here due to the unstable performance by the 4th seed.

None of Asian XD could advance into semifinal, top-seed Adcock/Adcock will meet Netherlands pair Arends/Piek, on paper scenario the English pair has advantage to prevail. Two unseeded combination will face each other, Mateusiak/Zieba stunned Jordan/Susanto while Durkin/Vislova thwart home hopeful Fuchs/Michels. The Polish pair is former world elite XD as they had collected INA Premier title in 2010 and they bagged 4 Int.Challenge title in this year so far.

LIVE TV (court 1, 02.00pm) matches :

1) Akane Yamaguchi (JPN) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    2) Poon Lok Yan/Tse Ying Suet (HKG) v Vivian Hoo Kah Mun/Woon Khe Wei (MAS)
    3) Marc Zwiebler (GER) v Vincent Wong Wing Ki (HKG)
    4) Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG) v Jacco Arends/Selena Piek (NED)
    5) Mads Conrad-Petersen/Mads Pieler Kolding (DEN) v Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda (JPN)

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Feel asleep yesterday too tired while watching all the matches live yesterday. Tried my best to stay awake but just couldn't too tired and slept off without me realising it. Slept off at nearly 2 am I guess while watching the matches live. Woke up this morning to at wee early morning. hours 5.30 am before dawn but too sleepy and slept off again.

This morning woke up again at 8 am managed to check some scores online and found out that no casualties again as the rest of the ranked players won their match just as expected.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Tonight I will try my best to stay up again to watch all the matches live though it is going to be very tough for me. The match for today will only start at 2 pm Germany time which is once again considered as late night timing for my place here. Too bad the time difference is an issue for me.

Then another upset has also been detected whereby busanan ongbumrumpan have won over nozomi okuhara yesterday. This is a very surprising result for me because I know that okuhara is indeed a very good player. Hope all the players who are playing tonight will win their matches.

#70 blabl, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for your information. Sorry I doze off while watching the matches live yesterday night hence the late reply.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I did some research and found out that most of the underdogs really performed very well behind expectations. Well I have found out the reasons why. First and foremost tiredness of the top tier players. All the top players and ranked players who have participated in this tournament have also played in Denmark super series premier and France super series. This lead to their tiredness. Playing 3 tournaments in a row is not easy for them. Whereas the underdog of unranked players didn't play in the last 2 tournaments but straightaway play their first tournament this week. Hence they are fresh and all gear up for this tournament.

Who knows after playing 3 tournaments some of the ranked players may be injured but didn't say it hence also contributed to their lost. All in I am expecting more surprises to come in today.

#72 blabl, Oct 30, 2015
  13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Actually, Rajiv vs Ng ka long and Marc zwiebler vs Vincent Wong wing ki.

In your description, you said the reverse. But you have given the correct information for the TV line up though.

14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Rajiv did well yesterday. Hope he'll do well today as well and take the title tomorrow. But he has to work hard. Both the hongkong players have improved a lot in the recent months. Good matches to watch ahead.

#74 Baddyforall, Oct 30, 2015
  15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

There are too many examples of ranked players losing in the earlier rounds of this tournament hence it will be very difficult for me to name them all here. However notable ones I guess would be the lost of Hans-Kristian Vittinghus and Chou Tien Chen. Sad to see so many ranked players lose in this tournament but at the same time I am also happy to see lower or unranked players playing well in this tournament. Congratulations.

#75 blabl, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh before I forget. Congratulations to mark Zwiebler , ratchanok intanon, ADCOCKs and Takeshi Kamura / Keigo Sonoda for winning their matches at court 1 yesterday.

Also congratulations to Vivian Hoo Kah Mun / Woon Khe Wei, Mads /Mads, Akane Yamaguchi and Jacco Arends / Selena Piek for winning their matches at court 2 yesterday.

#76 blabl, Oct 30, 2015
  17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

It is already night time at my place here but the matches have not started. By the time all the matches have started it would already be late midnight here. Then really looking forward to watch all the matches played at court 1 and 2 today. I am prepared with 3 cups of coffee so that I can stay up and support my idols.

#77 blabl, Oct 31, 2015
  18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I have 12 idols to support tonight so just hope that I can stay wide awake till all the matches are over. Of course I am looking forward to next week tournament which will be held at Asia and follows the Asia timing. Yippie. So next week I need not stay up till wee morning hours to watch the matches life. So happy oh.

19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member