Cai and Fu

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Matt Ross, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Judging from their play at TC, Cai/Fu are more of speed and power than placement and finesse players, especially Fu. But that is not a bad mark at all. Fu moves fast and puts a lot of effort into reaching the shuttle on his forehand, instead of taking it on backhand. His power on his round the head smashes are as hard as many player's normal positioned smashes. Plus he sure can get up in the air for those angle advantages.

Of all 4 top young Chinese players, I personally think Cai Yun has the weakest smash, but he enjoys playing at the net, so it's not a disadvantage to the pairing.

Also, I wonder how long the Cai/Fu pairing would last, as Cai is 4 years older than Fu - a very large margin by Chinese baddy standards. This means that Cai will cycle out faster, leaving Fu unpaired. Will we may see Fu paired with a new, younger player sometime in the coming years??

2. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Something wrong with Cai Yun's heart before, he do an operate.

But good news for his fans, He is very well now.

I perfer Cai Yun And Fu Haifeng. They use head.:) :)

For Sang Yang and Zheng Bo, they are also good players.

3. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Fu Haifeng looks like Huang Rihua when he was young.

[​IMG]

The left is Huang Rihua.

4. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Geez that's an old screenshot, I remember seeing that series when I was like 6 years old. I wonder if we still have the tapes, I mean the special effects of doing "Hung lung sup bat geung" (man that's hard to Romanise) in the skull were probably amazing at the time :p

5. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Yes, we said he looked like Huang Rihua at his training in the past time. My god, long long time ago......We are very young.

6. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    i don understand wat u mean by "They use head"
    can u explain??? :confused:

7. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

I think what she meant is they play a smart game on court...

8. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Thanks for your translating. My English is very poor.

Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng, Cai Yun is leader and organizer. Fu Haifeng follows Cai Yun.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Cai Yun had an operation on his heart? That's interesting. Wonder how he can get the medical certificate to train and play. Is it a reason for him switching from singles to doubles?

Is that why he loves badminton so much? :D

10. khelben

khelben Regular Member

Haha apparently he had an extra pathway between 2 of the 4 chambers of the heart (technical) so it resulted in shortness in breath and dizzy spells... he went for the operation and after that had to return home to rest for almost half a year... and during that period his parents forbade him to play badminton... he thought he had hung up his rackets for good and was already preparing to start studying again in shanghai... but tang spotted him and took notice of him because according to tang, cai uses his brain alot on court... and so luckily for us, cai was paired up with fu and what a pairing they have been so far...

there was an article on him in chinese last year... was translating it halfway when school work got into the way... haha

11. ying ying

ying ying Regular Member

I think Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng are a great pair. Cai yun's reflexes are superb and he can save even the most powerful of smashes. Fu Haifeng's smashes are very very powerful and both of them cooperate well. It all comes down to co-operation and communication between the players. ;)

Recently, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng reached the Gold Medal Final of MO but they lost to Sigit/Candra. In the semi finals, they defeated INA's Luluk Hariyanto and Alven Yulianto in straight games.. and their style of play is simply great to watch:eek: . Now they are ranked 3rd seed and i hope they will continue to do well in the World Championships in California this year. :rolleyes:

12. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Yeah, they're a very excellent pair!! And they're my all-time favourites!!! Hehehe. Cai's really quick-witted; he always makes very shrewd move which sometimes makes me gasp in awe. And Fu's smash....... *speechless*. I mean, other players' smashes were pale in comparison to Fu's (not all though). I was watching their match against Choong/Lee, and it was super nerve-racking. Both teams have powerful smashes, but somehow Fu and Cai were more cooperative and took the game in three sets. Like you ying ying, I love to watch them play!!! Jia you Fu and Cai!!!

13. ying ying

ying ying Regular Member

Haha.. I am glad that i met a Cai/Fu fan... They are just awesome! I was like.. gaping in astonishment at their agility and cunning moves. To be honest, the match of Cai/Fu against Luluk/Alven was the first Cai/Fu match I saw.. ( I am soo late, hehe) And before I only read about them in the newspapers. My friends keep talkin about them and I couldn't wait to see how they play.. and needless to say I was not disapointed! Cant wait to see them in the WC 2005!! Jia you!! Shuai Ge Zhu He!:p ;) :D

14. magical_phoenix

Ooow.. I see. Hahaha. I also haven't seen their matches so many times. But all the matches that I've watched are most impressive, I can tell you. It's never too late to like them 'cause they are admirable in an instant.. Hahaha. Let's cross our fingers so that they can win the WC 2005, just like when they won the All England!!!

15. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Hmmm...Cai and Fu certainly seem popular with the ladies here.

I can't say I've been that impressed with Cai's net play, but Fu's jump smashing is something extraordinary. To smash through Sigit's defence from the back of the court takes some doing (WC2003 semis). If only he wasn't a lefty, I'd love to copy his technique.

Hope they do well in Anaheim.

16. magical_phoenix

I see... Well, maybe some of the girls' eyes (like mine) have been obscured by their handsome faces, and makes them twice as impressive than the others. Hahaha. But some guys have also said that they're good, so maybe our eyes are not wrong after all :p :D But I think Cai is more shrewd in the court and makes some nice moves often, though I should admit that Fu is the one who has grabbed my attention with his powerful smashes and dazzling smiles :p :eek: :eek: :D :D

#36 magical_phoenix, Jul 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  17. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Even Candra himself admitted that Cai Yun has great reflexes :)

18. magical_phoenix

Wow, that's cool! I just wish this pair wins a lot more tournaments since they really deserve it.

19. fanny

fanny Regular Member

anyone like caiyun/fu haifeng here?

i am from china~~ hehe~~

anyone?

20. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    I'm a fan of them, especially Cai Yun. He's amazing on the court.