Can a Malaysian win the All England again?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, Jan 28, 2007.

1. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

i really doubt that the stars can decide who wins what but i hope that it does at it will give them a huge boost of confidence and could lead to many more achievments.

2. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I watched the video of KKK/TBH vs TG/CW at MO2007. And the one thing I noticed above all else was that KKK/TBH give it absolutely EVERYTHING they've got. They're absolutely all over the place (in a good way, not in a disorganized way :p). They just put so much effort into their game. I know most proffessional badminton players do their best, but these guys go beyond that. They're also damned quick :)!

I also noticed their communication was very good :D! They have all the signs of a good doubles partnership and I think they have a very very good chance of winning the AE this year!

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yupe!!! they do have a very good on-court communication.... their + point i guess...

4. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    Yes Im saying that they are not good enough to be the world champion. For an example, Ong Ewe Hock trained very very hard, and only only ONLY played badminton during his young days, skipped school just to play badminton, played more than 7 times a week, eat, walk and sleep badminton.....does that kind of focus is good enough? no, its not and the proof is his achievements in the international badminton arena. Talent is what matter most.....I know this coz im his junior and he stayed in my house for as long as i could remember before he went to BAM. as for LCW, he is not as hardworking as Ong, but he was very very talented compared to others. I know this too coz im his senior before he went to BAM.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Wow, you are a hard man to please --- even when the pair won the Asian Games and Malaysian Open, you still feel they are not good enough ?

It is not easy to win these my friend. As for Ong Ewe Hock, he was very good because he had to play with the toughest in his time. You cannot say he had no talent --- coz he won many tournaments (maybe not against the Chinese).

KKK/TBH are clearly class acts and it came from both working extremely hard and having talent.

6. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    when i said not good enough, it is meant for others not KKK/TBH. what im trying to say, tremendous effort from the players alone is not enough to be a world champion if you dont have the talent. and TBH CAN be world champion isnt coz of his focus (eat, sleep and play badminton) as mostly all professional players are like that, it's because he has the gist in him like many world champions; like rexy, LD, Park Joo Bong....... Hope you get it.

7. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    and im not saying about normal talent (to be national champ) here, talent to be a real world champion like ZJH, MF, Rexy, PJB...... is one in millions.

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Talent is not born into a person (innate) as you suggested. Talent is developed thru experience, hard work and good coaching in most instances. You are suggesting that a world champion cannot be if he has no talent. I find that hard to consume -- I think LD wins consistently because he is very fit, has a good brain, and enjoys good coaching. Is that talent ?

9. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    im sorry to say that you're wrong my fren. I dont blame you if you are not really in the badminton or sport business, playing professional badminton or in the coaching business.

In sports, talent is what really matters most when it comes to the top spot (World Champion, not national champ). The thing that separates player of ranking 1 and 10 (except for TH and those who had stopped and come back after injury) is pure great talents.....:(

The same goes for Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Michael Jordan, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Valentino Rossi etc. Do you think the one who ranked 10 in every sport doesnt train as hard or hasnt enough experience or doesnt play the sport as frequent as the no.1??? The answer is NO....:( I've seen too many examples myself in badminton.........wah tired la.....

and yes having a good brain for sports can be labelled as talented.:eek: not everyone has it. I used to play doubles at national level during school time and i admit that i dont have the great talent like KKK/TBH that in time will bring them to be the world champion .Thats why i quit having the dream of playing profesionally f or MAS. really tired......:eek: