CCC Badminton: Social@Waverley Fri 8:00pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Sep 2, 2006.

1. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hey Fuji, I think it's time for you and me to join the Senior CCC Club, like yschin. Have to start putting on both elbow and knee strap. :p

2. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Thanks for the offer...

Hi HK,
    Thanks but no offence, I prefer female cheerleaders... :p ;) :D

3. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Hahahaha....

Hi BadFever,
    Hahahaha... Very true. I am counting the days already.:D

4. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Hi Chris & everyone@CCC!
    SO HAPPY TO BE BACK!!!! :) :) :) (although going soon again.. haha :p)
    Wow~~~ there were a lot of new faces on Friday though... felt I was new all over again~~~ haha...

Hi LisaC!!!
    hehe... hope you will get well soon! ;) I nearly got sick during my exam period, too... Fortunately, I started my "magical Manuka Honey & Lemon" recipe early and so I was lucky to stay healthy throughout the whole exam period until now. It's not that bad getting sick - just think positively - it's a chance of building up your immunity!!! (Just want it to happen at the right time though.) :p And so... you are "stronger" than the rest of us coz you are immuned now and we are not!!! OH-OH...

Hi Chris@CCC! :)
    hehe... sorry la~~~ I also didn't expect to go back so early coz I originally had the ticket booked on the 28th of NOV which is also after the Sunday coaching... but then cousin called last week or the week before that he has actually moved his wedding ceremony day a week early because apparently, it's a "better day" for it (you know.. the chinese tradition thingy). :D so I had to change all my plans again... that's why when hkhung asked the other day about the match on 17th - I needed to see coz I was still on the waiting list for the flights on the 15th and 16th... and I've just got back from the travel agent... now I'm leaving tomorrow!!! ARGH~~~ Panic attacks... I'm "psychologically" not ready yet... :p but I'm actually quite lucky that I can get a spot at this time of the year I guess. :eek:

Anywayz... I will miss you all & all the best with the upcoming friendly matches!!! I will be cheering for you guys in TW!!! *JIA YOU*JIA YOU*
    If your ears get itchy - then it's me! ;) ;) ;)
    ~Take care guys & keep the passions alive~

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Wishing Manuka Honey a Good Holiday in TW

Hi Manuka Honey,

Wishing you a Good Holiday in TW. :):):)

Via the internet...... you are just as close to us as you are in Melbourne. :cool::p;)

You might find/buy cheaper Badminton things over there in TW.

Let us know when you get back to Melbourne.

Cheers... chris@ccc

6. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Mother of all f bomb

Badfever,

Give me a break buddy. All is not lost, some Dr Hwang ?? in China can inject cells and repair it.

Any of the docs around (CCC's) like to have a guinea pig for their "mother of all stem cells" research ?? They are many candidates around CCC's club. Maybe Chris is also on some kind of steriods to make him look that good.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It's a Serious Matter: Preventing Injuries

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi yschin, Fuji and BadFever, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]For steroids, LilyC, our drug expert, recommends the magical Manuka Honey. :):):) [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Yes, fortunately we have doctors playing at CCC, and perhaps they can be consulted when injuries occur. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]It's only when we get injured, we realised that this is a serious matter. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]As a coach, I have to say that more emphasis must be placed on proper stroke production and on proper footwork. By proper, I mean “not having to be subject to or undergo extreme stress”. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Prevention is always better than cure. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]At one of our Wednesday Night Coaching sessions, I explained to our trainees not to do certain things that could bring injuries...... and Kim, who was listening at courtside, promptly agreed because he acknowledged that he received injuries because he did those things. [/FONT]

BTW, kong-19 is coming to play with us again this Wednesday and Friday. Ask him to show you how you can prevent soreness in your foot. It is an insole I believe that will help.

To hkhung: Please check kong-19's insole, because his insole is better than the ones that I have told you before.

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Monica + Julian will play against Highvale on Friday 17-Nov-2006

Hi Captain hkhung,

Good News !!! :):):)

Monica + Julian confirmed today that they will play(partnering each other) against Highvale on Friday 17-Nov-2006.

So you have 4 pairs, now confirmed.

I should be getting a final reply from Highvale by tomorrow morning, Wednesday 15-Nov-2006, about their team structure.

I will inform/post here tomorrow, Wednesday 15-Nov-2006, of Highvale's plan.

Cheers... chris@ccc

9. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

That's good. For once we have 4 pairs.

As with Marissa's club, organisation to find out about their team would be difficult as there's no badminton this sunday. Which means i only get one sunday before 1/12 to find out about their team.

Their players have verbally confirmed (according to Marissa) but i think the partnership might not be decided until last minute. On this coming nite, i would ask the players are they up for another interclub comp. Then i would forward details to Marissa.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Please check kong-19's insole

Hi hkhung,

Did you scroll back and read this...... Post #267?

Please check kong-19's insole, because his insole is better than the ones that I have told you before.

Just worried for you because you've told me that you have soreness in your foot.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#270 chris-ccc, Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  11. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Right O. Will do.

I just show my old yonex power cushion 55 (the red ones that me and AndrewWong and Herman wears) to a foot doctor. And he show me that the arch (bridge) of the shoe is not very strong.

So if you got Flat fleet, that yonex pair is not for you.

12. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Hi Chris & everyone@CCC!!! :)

Arrived safely in TW midnight last night. *yea~*

Good to see we finally have 4 pairs to play for the match against Highvale~ now I feel less guilty. :p

Hahaha.... my "magical Manuka Honey" is no good if you are looking for steroids! :D Did you guys know that a few years back, one pharamcist in AUS got into trouble because he/she was selling steroids to the local gym??? ;)

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LilyC is back in TW on 14-Nov-2006

Hi LilyC,

Good to hear from you from TW. What is the weather like in Taipei?

Would you believe that some parts of Melbourne is at 6 degree C @noon today...... with hail and snow? :confused::confused::confused:

It's very, very strange for the outskirts of Melbourne to have snow in November.

Perhaps, a hot drink of Manuka Honey is the best drink for us in Melbourne today. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

14. andrewghw

andrewghw Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hey! I went home for lunch today and it was snowing at my area!! Unbelievable..Like Chris said...IN November!!! I took some pictures as well :D

See you guys tonight...more to talk about for supper tonight about the snow....;)

15. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Hi Chris!!!:)

When I heard the news about the strange weather across AUS yesterday, I was shocked... :eek:! Luckily, the weather in Taipei is not so bad and quite warm too. The forecast for today is 23C~26C, drizzle. ;)

Oh!!! don't forget your lemon in the honey!!! :p

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Friday night, 17-Nov-2006, is our CCC Session#31, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi everyone@ccc, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Friday night, 17-Nov-2006, is our CCC Session#31, CONGRATULATIONS!!![/FONT]
    Highvale is coming over to play a Friendly Match against hkhung's team.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We are still welcoming friends of yours or anyone new to join us in our Social Session. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Send me an email to ask me for a CCC Membership Form. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]My email address is chris@cccbadminton.com[/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players are to print out your Membership Form and to fill in your details before you attend. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Players without printer can fill in our printed forms when you arrive. Just ask Llewellyn at the reception desk. [/FONT] ​
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]As usual, I will be out coaching on Friday so I won't be replying mails. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]But you can get me on my mobile phone = 0419-542-037. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC Handicapped Competition: Participants are asked to; [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]1. Organise yourself with a Doubles Partner earlier before the night. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]2. Arrive to inform us of your Doubles Partnership, so that our competition boards can set up earlier. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]3. Note: When the attendance is low, Singles Competition will be played instead. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]4. The Selecting Team per MAGNETIC BOARD is to draw empty boxes on the SCORE BOARD. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]5. The Winning Team of the Match is to update the empty boxes with the new Handicap Points. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Don't forget: We are going for Supper(wine-and-dine) at Kingsways, Glen Waverley, after our session. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]May more ideas be suggested @SUPPERTIME. [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Our Wednesday CATS & B-Grade Social was held on 15-Nov-2006. You can read about it (POST#106) in this link= [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]chris@ccc[/FONT][/FONT]

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Report for Friday, 17-Nov-2006 (Session#31) with Highvale Match Results

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi everyone@ccc, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Another GOOD SESSION for Friday, 17-Nov-2006 (Session#31) [/FONT] ​

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Highvale Team played their Return Friendly Match against hkhung's team. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]For those who were absent, here is a short report. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]>>> CCC Members Attendance = 15 [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]>>> Casual Visitors Attendance = 8 [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]>>> Highvale Team Attendance = 8 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Welcoming first time to CCC: BK-T, Amy-L, Simon-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]>>> To Date: Out of the 131 players who have attended Friday CCC, 23 became members. [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Last night, out of the 31 players, 16 played the Friendly Match while 15 played Social Badminton. Our CCC Handicapped Competition was not played.[/FONT] ​
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So the Handicaps for our CCC Members will be carried forward. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Results To Date: The Handicaps for our 23 CCC Members are listed below. [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Handicaps for our Casual Visitors are recorded, but not listed here. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 chris@ccc [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 Andrew-N [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 Jason-F [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 Jason-K [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 Kevin-C (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-8 Peter-L [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-6 Andrew-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-6 David-Z [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]-6 Kee-F (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]0 Haifeng-W [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]0 Monica-H (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]0 Yih Sheng-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+2 Julian-H (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+2 Ken-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+4 Laurie-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+6 Lily-C [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Helmut-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Jack-Y [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Lisa-C (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Llewellyn-H (not fit to play) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Mei-W (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Ned-D (absent) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]+8 Sinvay-T [/FONT]

Highvale Inter-Club Match
    Highvale(5) : CCC(11)

Results of the 16 events are listed below;
    1 Geoff/Edgar Vs Ken/David >>> 11-21
    2 Dominic/Danny Vs Helmut/Haifeng >>> 13-21
    3 Cameron/Erin Vs Lisa/Laurie >>> 11-21
    4 Joey/Darren Vs Monica/Julian >>> 21-18
    5 Dominic/Danny Vs Ken/David >>> 21-16
    6 Geoff/Edgar Vs Helmut/Haifeng >>> 12-21
    7 Tim/Darren Vs Lisa/Laurie >>> 21-9
    8 Cameron/Erin Vs Monica/Julian >>> 21-16
    9 Cameron/Erin Vs Ken/David >>> 14-21
    10 Tim/Darren Vs Helmut/Haifeng >>> 5-21
    11 Geoff/Edgar Vs Lisa/Laurie >>> 9-21
    12 Dominic/Danny Vs Monica/Julian >>> 21-11
    13 Tim/Darren Vs Ken/David >>> 24-26
    14 Cameron/Erin Vs Helmut/Haifeng >>> 8-21
    15 Dominic/Danny Vs Lisa/Laurie >>> 14-21
    16 Geoff/Edgar Vs Monica/Julian >>> 26-24

So, there were some excitement in 2 of the matches that reached 26 points

WELL DONE to all participants!!!
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CONGRATULATIONS to Lisa/Laurie & Helmut/Haifeng for winning all their events. [/FONT]
    Suppertime
    : Attendance = 12
    [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Welcoming first time to our CCC Friday Supper: BK-T [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Discussions @Supper: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*kwongj was very amused when hkhung bombarded chris@ccc with questions even before he(chris@ccc) sat down at the supper table. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*LisaC & LChow was congratulated for doing so well in the Return Match against Highvale. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*DoublesPlease and Ian-M did not play Checkers/Draughts @Supper because they played it during the CCC Badminton Session. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*Steven-H and Andrew-K told us about their trip to Japan. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*BK-T said he came from KL, Malaysia, just 3 months ago. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*kong-19 was farwelled, he is returning to Brisbane on Tuesday 21-Nov-2006. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*BadFever will take kong-19 for Yum Cha in Melbourne on Sunday 19-Nov-2006. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]*chris@ccc reminded that our Friday Night Summer Session(Dec-Feb) will be $7 for Members & $10 for Visitors, because of our increasing attendances. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc [/FONT]

#277 chris-ccc, Nov 17, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  18. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

To everybody:

Well, I guess next time people would be "amused" if i did not interrupt/talk unsensibly.

All of my concerns of Highvale did not happen, what a surprise.

To Chris:

Moving on Chris, out of the following people, please let me know who can i select for Marisa's club.

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Andrew-W, David-Z, Haifeng-W, Monica-H, Julian-H (absent), Ken-H, Laurie-C, Helmut-H [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Jack-Y, Lisa-C (absent)

That's 10 people already and i need 4 pairs so that should be plenty of choice. Hopefully Lewellyn would be available as well. Lisa+Laurie has already told me that they do not know whether they are available or not so they would rather be left out of the interclub comp against Marissa's club on 1/12.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]That's 9 people already and i need 4 pairs so that should be ok. Once the list of particupants is confirmed by you, then i would contact people either on the board or this coming friday.[/FONT]
    Let's hope interclub with Marissa's club and Wesley's club would bring us more member!
    [/FONT]

19. LilyC

LilyC Regular Member

Oh Yeah!!! Congrats!!!

Hi Chris and everyone@CCC! :)

HEY!!! Congrats!!!! :D :D :D

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LilyC reading about Badminton late at night

Hi LilyC,

You are like me... reading about Badminton this late at night.:):):)

How's your TW holidays so far?

Cheers... chris@ccc