Cheers Asian Satellite 2006, Singapore

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by Loh, Aug 29, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In that case, the answer is YES. Frans Kurniawan was paired up with Chandra (no relation to Candra Wijaya of course) last year. Rendra Wijaya was originally paired with Rian Sukmawan. Since Rian Sukmawan has left the Pelatnas early this year to rejoin Djarum (and is now paired with Eng Hian), while Chandra also left the Pelatnas, Frans is now paired with Rendra Wijaya. I was impressed with their performance over the 2 days that I watched them. Too bad they lost to their more experienced counterpart, Yoga/Yonathan in the final today. Nevertheless, the Singapore Satelitte represents their best tournament so far. I hope they will meet Yoga/Yonathan again in the final of the JPGG Surabaya Satelitte next week!

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, it's a clean sweep by the Indonesians in all the Finals, with Pelatnas coming home with 4 titles and Jeffer Rosobin taking the men's singles title.

It's also nice to see Yoga/Yonathan winning their first international title (albeit a Satelitte title) following Hendra/Joko's footstep. I hope Rendra/Frans can do the same hopefully in next week's JPGG Surabaya Satelitte. Along with Hendra/Joko, the 2 pairs do have the potential to be promoted to the main team soon, esp since Pelatnas only have 3 main MD pairs right now (including Flandy/Sigit which I think will not remain long in Pelatnas).

Nitya/Nadya also won their second titles (following the India Satelitte last year), while Devi Tika also won her first title with Lingga. I don't know whether Lingga and Yulianti are going to be split for good, so, perhaps Sandy could comment on it. It could be that these 2 pairs will turn out to be very good pairs later on...so...we shall see. I am not too worried about the talents we have in XD, with Rizal/Gresya slowly proving to be a good backup pair of Nova/Butet.

It's also nice to see Maria Kristin proving to Hendrawan and Lius Pongoh that she still has something in her, esp after her impressive victory over Julia Wong Pei Xian today. Another win at the JPGG Surabaya Satelitte will be good for her, but, the competition is going to be more intense with the participation of Chinese and Japanese players (+ Pia Zebadiah).

While the main team is resting for the WC, the second team will now continue its journey to Surabaya for another week of satelitte competition.

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Talking about mixed double split & Frans/Chandra pairing, I need to open this link

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28725

Actually Lingga Lie & Yulianti played together since junior age in Djarum. I guess PBSI wanted to find best combination.
    Devi Tika is from SGS Bandung, she has good results in this year, won WD in Sinar Mutiara (paired with Richi Puspita Dilli) beat Lily Siswanti/Shendy Puspa. Looking the WD SIN Satellite, paired with Shendy, they lost to Nitya/Nadya in very closed match. I thaught Devi is good double player who can paired with some players easily.

Congratulations to Maria Kristin, won again in Satellite tournament. If not wrong, this is 5th Satellite tittle in 5 difference place, Malaysia, Viet Nam, Jakarta, Surabaya and Singapore :cool:
    Flash back 2 years ago, in Malaysia Satellite 2004, interesting results that 4 semi finals are from Indonesia, Maria, Firda, the young guns Pia Zebadiah & Sylvinna Kurniawan :cool:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19858

Just showed to PBSI that Indonesia is has many talented player in Girl's Single (also Boy's Single), need give them good coachs, good training & more chance to play in International tournament.

4. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

Can someone pls post Final pics?

Thanks

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is the first time I watched Nitya/Nadya as well as Shendy/Devi play. Devi is calmer and more composed compared to Shendy, who actually made many unforced errors (although Shendy is damn tall for a girl :cool: ). They nearly lost to a Malaysian pair in the quarter-final and that match was one of the best I watched at the Singapore Satelitte. Shendy/Devi could have some potential.

Tantowi/Yulianti (esp Yulianti) actually looked more impressive than Lingga/Devi when I watched both of them play. However, Lingga/Devi won the final :cool: So....I guess the coaches are trying to form the best pairs as what you said.

I am not worried with the qualities of backup pairs we have at Pelatnas for MD. Yoga/Yonathan, Rendra/Frans should be ready to step out and compete in 3-4* events. They have started sending Yoga/Yonathan to more events this year...which is good news. I hope they do the same for Rendra/Frans. As for Ahsan/Bona and Lingga/Tantowi, I didn't come in time to watch them play on Wednesday, so, not much comments.

What the heck happen to Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi. I thought they are already promoted to the main squad and ready to be sent to the Korea and HK Open. They have not been competing since the Malaysia Open 2006, when they lost the first round to Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun :cool:

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Loh, great pics. and thanks for so many of them! :D

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry I missed the Finals but will try to post some pics on the semi-finals tomorrow. ;)

8. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

what a pity... but thanks for all the nice pics..:)

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indonesia's Youths Emerged Champions!

In the absence of powerhouses China, South Korea and to a lesser extent, Japan, Indonesian youths made a clean sweep of all the five badminton events.

I was there during the semi-finals and witnessed the triumph of these youngsters. Only Julia Wong (MAS) managed to beat Gu Juan (SIN) as the sole non-Indonesian to enter the finals. But Julia was also to succumb to the might of Indonesian, Maria Kristin Yulianti the next day.

Knowing that a complete white-wash was in store during the finals for the Indonesians, I chose to attend a more exhilarating event: the RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) Open House at their Airport Road base to be informed of the latest 3rd Generation arrangements to defend the country if under attack.

Here are the results of Finals:

XD - Lingga/Devi Tika Permatasari bt Tantowi/Yulianti, 21-17, 24-22 (29m).

WS - Maria Kristin Yulianti bt Julia Wong (MAS) 21-13, 22-20 (36m).

MS - Jeffer Rosobin bt Andreas Adityawarman, 21-19, 15-21, 23-21 (59m).

WD - Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati bt Puspa Shendy/Devi Tika Permatasari, 15-21, 21-17, 21-17 (55m).

MD - Uki Kasah Yoga/Suryatama Yonathan bt Rendra Wijaya/Frans Kurniawan, 21-19, 18-21, 22-20 (43m).

SEMI-FINALS

Women's Singles

Maria Kristin Yulianti (INA) bt Shinta Mulia Sari (SIN) 21-19, 21-9 (30m).

Julia Wong Pei Xian (MAS) bt Gu Juan (SIN) 22-20, 21-13 (36m).

Attached Files:

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Mixed Doubles

Lingga/Devi Tika Permatasari (INA) bt Koh Yan Sen/ Vanessa Neo Yu Yan (SIN), 21-15, 21-11 (22m)

Tantowi/Yulianti (INA) bt Ong Hien Guo/Amelia Alicia Ancelly (MAS) 16-21, 21-12, 22-20 (36m)

Attached Files:

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Men's Singles

Andreas Adityawarman (INA) bt Daren Liew (MAS) 21-18, 22-20 (35m)

Jeffer Rosobin (INA) bt Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk (THA) 21-9, 21-18 (30m)

Attached Files:

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Women's Doubles

Puspa Shendy/Devi Tika Permatasari (INA) bt Yao Lei/Fu Mingtian (SIN) 28-16, 16-21, 21-18 (57m)

Nitya Krishinda/Dadya Melati (INA) bt Vanessa Neo/Shinta Mulia Sari 21-8, 21-15 (35m)

Attached Files:

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Men's Doubles

Rendra Wijaya/Frans Kurniawan (INA) bt Vountus Indra Mawan/Mohd Ariff Latif (MAS) 21-16, 21-12 (20m)

Uki Kasah Yoga/Suryatama Yonathan (INA) bt Khoo Chung Chiat/Mohd Razif Abdul Latif (MAS) 21-17, 19-21, 21-14 (45m)

Attached Files:

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thanks for the pics Loh! I am now back in HKG. I think the pictures are really good and I suppose ppl will now recognize some of the juniors from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.

The Malaysian pairs Khoo Chung Kiat/Mohd Razif Abdul Latif and Arif Latif/Vountus Indra Mawan will blossom into top pairs in the near future!

15. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Thanks Loh for ur pics again and again and again!! Nice to see Liew Daren in the pics too :D Looking forward to another tournament in Singapore!!

16. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

:eek:
    Hahaha.. So sad that u're now back in Hong Kong. Looking forward for u to be back in Singapore and meeting u again!! Even though u did nothing but teased me :p and did not support Wei Feng in the quarter final :mad: :D Remember, Wei Feng is not losing but he's catching up! :D ;)

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi badMania, good to note that you're home safely.

Yes, my main intention was to take as many pics of the upcoming talents so that more of us would recognize them. Unfortunately, I could not take all of them as I was late during some sessions and the pics did not turn out as well as hoped. But under the circumstances, at least I've managed to do my part.

Its going to be another week of competition here as the Cheers Age Group (Doubles) Championships are now in progress, ending on 9th September.

Hope to see you soon!

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Darien Liew versus Chong Wei Feng

The following pics recorded the mini titantic battle between Darien Liew and teammate, Chong Wei Feng, during the quarter final, which Darien prevailed 13-21, 21-17, 21-13 in 50 min.

They are reproduced here for their ardent fans, Yannie and Magical Phoenix. ;)

Attached Files:

19. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Err, Loh... it's DAREN not Darien... HAHA! Thanks a lot for the pics of Mr. Chong...

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nice pics Loh.. :)