Chen Yufei (陳雨菲)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Feb 18, 2016.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #1 pcll99, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Badminton Asia Youth U19 Final WS Yamaguchi Akane 山口茜 (JPN)VS Chen Yufei 陳雨菲 (CHN) on Feb 23, 2014

[video=youtube;sN0BkIoBrjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN0BkIoBrjQ[/video]

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i think Chen Yufei's style is similar to Han Li's

Here's Han Li vs Tine in 2013 All England..

[video=youtube;ozL16c-dYuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozL16c-dYuw[/video]

Han Li vs LXR in 2013 China Open

[video=youtube;yyfIr0tGsH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfIr0tGsH8[/video]

#3 pcll99, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Chen YF vs LXR during 2015-2016 CBSL Semi Final..

[video=youtube;NLX6wQlNfo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLX6wQlNfo0[/video]

with Wang Lin (also from Hangzhou) coaching Chen YF.

#4 pcll99, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I see a bright future for Chen Yufei. Once she builds on her physical strength and stamina, and continues improving on her skills,based on her natural talents, I believe she will attain super stardom one day.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    in the match against Akane which was two years ago, Chen YF's footwork and stroke were a copy of Han Li.

in the match against LXR, which is recent, Chen YF's footwork is similar to Chen Long while strokes are like Taufik.

She has improved so much.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Chen Yufei plays WD with Huang YQ for Chinese National Championship 2016..

Justin L likes this.
  9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Man, I love Chen Yufy's game. I don't care what haters have to say but she is the most graceful WS China has ever produced. Just look at her and her strokes - they remind me of 2013 WC Lin Dan - Smooth as Dairy Milk Silk.

Add oil, Chen Yufy !

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

IMHO, I can see Chen Yufei soon outstripping Sun Yu as well as challenging He Bingjiao for CHN WS supremacy within the next one year. It'll be very interesting to see how Li Xuerui deals with these two upstarts, HBJ and CYF, when she's back from her injury layoff next year.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i wonder who will lead China's Women Singles team for the Sudirman Cup 2017.

Obviously LXR will not be ready by May 2017.

Will it be Sun Yu, CYF or HBJ?

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Sun Yu vs Chen YF in Chinese National Badminton Team Championships 2016, with Wang Lin coaching Chen YF

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd expect Li Xuerui to come back in Mar 2017 and be ready for the Sudirman Cup but if her match fitness is still not up to it, then whoever among the other three is ranked higher than her by the Sudirman Cup cut-off deadline for submission will have to take over the reins.

As of today, Sun Yu is WR 6, Li Xuerui 7, He Bingjiao 11, and Chen Yufei 18, quite a bit of catching up to do for the last-named. My preference is for He Bingjiao to play the leading role in case LXR is not able to. However, Li Yingbo 's utmost concern is none of the three aforementioned has any or sufficient big match experience to assume the mantle.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It was a well-fought three-setter, Chen Yufei came close to upsetting Sun Yu in the team final , losing the last three crucial points from 18-all in the decider. No wonder CYF outclassed the field at both the AJC and WJC, capturing both the junior crowns and capping the year with her maiden pro title at the Macau Open GPG.

The year 2017 should be the coming of age for the young Chen Yufei who will turn 19 on 1st March next year..

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that Chen Yufei's victory over P V Sindhu at the ongoing MAS Open PSS 2017 in R32 deserves a special mention. In fact a few other foreign scalps she's collected the last two years or so also included Intanon Ratchanok at KOR SS 2016, Bae Yeon Ju at CHN Masters 2016 and THA Open 2015, not to mention others like Busanan Ongbumrungphan (several times), Sayaka Takahashi, Aya Ohori.

Not surprisingly, the Chinese newsmedia has till now not reported about it, I guess they are too used to seeing their CHN youngsters causing upsets now and then to take it as news. To me, it augurs well for the young, budding Chen Yufei to have scalped the likes of Intanon R, Bae YJ and Sindhu so early in her career, a testament to her talents and potential for greater things to come.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chen Yufei going from strength to strength in the coming years.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei continued to surprise and delight me at the MAS Open PSS.

After besting P V Sindhu who this week rose to WR2, she next prevailed over the child prodigy , 17-yr-old Goh Jin Wei, in two convincing straight sets, and in the QFs she actually pushed the most in-form and formidable WR1 Tai Tzu Ying hard to a three-setter, only going down narrowly by the slimmest of margins, 22-24, and earlier clawing her way back steadily from 10-17 behind in G3. Indeed, the well-fought match could've gone either way, TTY only managing to escape by the skin of her teeth.

As I've said, Chen Yufei is improving steadily, match by match, tournament by tournament. I daresay it won't be long before we see her mount the winner's rostrum in top level tournaments. As it is,she has proven herself capable of taking on any of the top players, she just needed to improve herself further and gain more experience as she goes along.

Time is on her side having just turned 19 years old, born 1st March 1998. Way to go. JiaYou, Chen Yufei ! You can make it. Just do it !

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Although Chen YF lost against TTY in Malaysia Open 2017, I think it is CYF's best performance thus far.

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Can't remember, about 1,7m or a little more, I think. Let me check it out if I can find it.

20. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    I think today 1.8 m is a must.