China Open 2006 2nd Round (18th Oct)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by tjl_vanguard, Oct 17, 2006.

1. tkm....

tkm.... Regular Member

They win againt Macau pair 21-12 21-6

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik's real test is about to start..

..hehe, we're waiting for the QF final round and onwards...and if Taufik can somehow survive that long, the crowd will surely grow bigger..Oh wait, tonight/tomorrow, i'm quite sure more people are going to tune in to watch the Taufik vs. Chen Jin showdown..hehe:rolleyes: ;):p :D :cool:

#142 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

:crying: I probably won't be able to as I've used up my monthly data cap and am currently surfing at 64kbps... I really hope someone records this match as I'd hate to miss it!

4. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    Do you know what time this match is? Thanks.

Taufik is something, can you image today's badminton without him, even though some people don't like him, everyone is still talking about him ... all the time. I bet Taufik owns the most threads in this forum. :)

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It will be an interesting matchup between Taufik vs Chen Jin, if Chen Jin allow Taufik to control the net then CJ will lose. My pick is Taufik for simple reason, I don't want to see all Chinese-affair in SF :D
    Taufik boleh!

6. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    Taufik has to play against Boonsak first, right?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, that is correct..

...and if Boonsak can force Taufik to rally and/or force a 3rd set, (gulp), i'm afraid Taufik will succumb again......and won't meet Chen Jin in the QF...uh-oh..:confused: :rolleyes: :crying: :( :p ..

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Unless Boonsak accelerate and force Taufik to run around, I don't think he can beat Taufik.

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    First, the point in preparation is not to fall into your opponent's strength. If Chen Jin is smart and LYB coach him properly, then Chen should know what to do and at least try to avoid playing into Taufik's strength.

Secondly, When you see an all Chinese-affair in SF, do you see two China flags waving on each side of the court and the shuttle just bounce back and forth???:confused: If not, then what's the difference between all Chinese-affair and non all Chinese-affair???:confused: It's the players that count, not the country.:eek::eek: When will people understand that a match between let's say LD vs CH is probably more enjoyable to watch than a match between LD vs Hafiz especially when LD just owned him for free.:p

#149 bananaboy, Oct 18, 2006
  10. IndoBOLEHH

IndoBOLEHH Regular Member

You act like a genious one...go tell Boonsak to do your 'coaching' stuff tomorrow...wondering why din't you tell NGW to do so? LOL

11. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Exactly, and what will Boonsak have to do to force Taufik to run around??? Also, Taufik is not just going to let people control him in the game, and just follow his opponent's game-plan. So chances are Boonsak will have to be playing way above his game to stand a good chance against Taufik unless of course Taufik becomes "unpredictable" or "unstable" again.:p

12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

How can at through these days someone still cannot made a difference between an opinion and bad mouthing players.

Come on, indobollehh, ctcjad is only give his opinion. He is not saying that TH will lost. Of course NG Wei will need a miracle to win TH cause he didn't had the level and skill to win TH. No matter what strategy been told to him.

But Boonsak is talented and his skill is good enough to had chances to win against TH. Yes TH still had biggest chances 55:45 against Boonsak. But that doesn't mean he will 100% win tomorrow.

This year, TH already lost to Boonsak once in Thomas Cup qualification. So Boonsak had chances to do so again tomorrow although his chances is not very big. But it still a chance. :)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..IndoBOLEHH, i think Ng Wei gave it his all in the match..But like hcpoirot wrote, not to undermine Ng Wei's level, but IMO, his level is still below that of LD/TH/PG/LCW(to name a few)..;)
    And if you guys recall last yr's QF match between Boonsak and Taufik, Boonsak actually gave Taufik a run for his money(IIRC, Boonsak played Taufik's own game quite nicely also)...:rolleyes: :p ;) :D

#153 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2006
  14. Wai Shing

Wai Shing Regular Member

Student
    My 2 cents... Ponsana is same level as Ng Wei. Not up there with the big guns. He'll probably have same or slightly better result than Ng Wei had vs Taufik.
    I think it's a matter of playing style, I think Ponsana's game might rattle Taufk a little more than most other players.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, well, i'm just hoping for Boonsak to give a good game to Taufik, force a 3 setter...I want Taufik to take care of business, just for the sole reason so we can finally see a Taufik vs. Chen Jin match(granted CJ wins his next match)...hehe;):):D:cool:..
    But if Boonsak wins, then i won't be surprise either...;):):D

BTW, just curious, will they show the Taufik vs. Boonsak match tonight on CCTV-5??..hmm:rolleyes::p

#155 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2006
  16. indra

indra Regular Member

Taufik vs [any player] is always the match of the round in any tournament:D
    WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???:D

17. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    I think it means Taufik is not consistent. No one knows if he will beat a top player or get beaten by a nobody at any given time. And that's the reality.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. KBH seems in good form and fresh. Also play may have changed under LiMao.But KBH has to win in two games or lose in three.

19. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    No.. that's defintiely not true. eg. 1st round. Taufik vs. Bobby Milroy and Sony vs KBH in Korean open this year I think... definitely not going to be TH vs BM as the match of the round.:p

Also means he has a lower ranking, and almost must play the good players early, while LD on the other hand gets all the "byes" and easier opponent. It does not mean Taufik is special, only means he doesn't rank high enough to be seeded.

#159 bananaboy, Oct 18, 2006
  20. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

KBH has recovered a little bit from his slump after the Thomas Cup disaster.He has taken CJ to the limit during the WC.And this speaks well of KBH's true potential,as we all know CJ will be the next Great Wall of China.Slowly but surely LI Mao will turn KBH into a world class player.Be patient if KBH has not perfomed to expectation.Hendrawan,Zhang Ning and POul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen are good examples of players who did well late in their playing days.Most of all all players must understand that if you have given all your best,you will still be respected.

#160 kokcheng, Oct 18, 2006