Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Bao yixin,tang yuanting should play like that

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    So far Zhou Zeqi has performed well. This is the first time in three meetings he has beaten CWF. Progress indeed. But he will meet an indian player who has done very well, Mithun Manjunath who is ranked at 97, but will be a good test for ZZ. Lets hope he will progress as he has been on the scene for quite sometime. Also interesting is the WD of Chen Lu and Xu Ya. Was their match against the Japanese top seed a one off win. They will meet another Japanese WD.

3. antssantss

Retired
    So far Zhou Zeqi has performed well. This is the first time in three meetings he has beaten CWF. Progress indeed. But he will meet an indian player who has done very well, Mithun Manjunath who is ranked at 97, but will be a good test for ZZ. Lets hope he will progress as he has been on the scene for quite sometime. Also interesting is the WD of Chen Lu and Xu Ya. Was their match against the Japanese top seed a one off win. They will meet another Japanese WD.

4. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Tang Yuanting is in Australia now coaching a local club (with close connection with Gronya), and play in national tournament there
    If I am not wrong, she has already had some kind of residence permit in Australia
    Not sure whether she will play internationally for Australia in the future

5. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

double post

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Australia is a good retirement home to collect lots of $$$ with minimal effort for these guys

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    They would have to be released from CBA and registration transferred....

China won't let their established treasures go so easily...

8. antssantss

Retired
    Z.Zeqi as I expected lost to a lower ranked player. He just can't make a breakthrough. He was playing in tournaments at 17 years, which is very unusual.
    Now why can't the CBA find a WS player like Singapore's Yeo Jia Min. She has beaten the 1st and 2nd seeded players, both Japanese !! What an achievement. And only 19 years old. Lets see how the 18 year old Han Yue handles this talented player. Interesting match.

9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Mithun Manjunath's ranking is 112 and Zhou zeqi's is 114.

10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

First of all, she hasn't beaten the #1, secondly, 19 isn't particularly young is WS, thirdly, China has many significantly more talented players than her (some a lot younger). It really boggles the mind that you hold her up as a model for Chinese WS to follow.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zhou Zeqi, and I believe his opponent as well, played so few tournaments that their world rankings doesn't matter.

As far as ZZQ is concerned, he is an under-performer for a 20-year-old CHN 2nd tier MS.

12. antssantss

Retired
    Not many chinese WS enjoy or are able to beat these two Japanese players. YJM played well and deserve the credit. The two seeds are seasoned tournament players. Also coming from a country that hasnt produced many WS players, well done Singapore.

#1692 antssantss, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  13. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

But she didn't beat "these two players", is that so hard to grasp? To beat the #1 AND #2 seed of any tournament, you have to win the final.
    Cai Yanyan is still 18, has beaten players like Zhang Beiwen and Gao Fangjie this year, both of which are better than Minatsu Mitani.
    Gao Fangjie is 19 herself, has already beaten Okuhara, Sindhu, Marin...
    Chen Yufei has turned 20 a couple of months ago, do I need to list her achievements?

And you say Chinese WS "can't find" players like world #92 Yeo Jia Min? :D

14. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Agree. Many Chinese youngsters are more talented.
    Speaking of beating the top seed, Zhou Meng actually beat Sayaka Takahashi when she’s only 15 last year. And Wang Zhiyi has not been too shabby either.
    But sadly, most of them will probably not get to play regular badminton and will retire early. Eg Qin Jinjjng, Suo Di, Chen Xiaojia and now seemingly Sun Yu too.

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I remember a player named Deng Xuan. But did she change her place to Hongkong.
    I found her playing in vietnam open representing Hongkong.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

16. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

But they're 'retired'? Doesn't it mean they're let go

17. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    There are enough Chinese WS players coming through and the future does not seem bleak at all.

The situation for Chinese MS on the other hand, is not good. Seems to be putting a lot of hope on Lu Guangzu who, at 22 years of age, is not that young nor impressive. What happened to Sun Feixiang? He was the Asian and world junior champion in 2016 but yet only play 3-4 times a year. Where’s Zhao Junpeng? Dropped because he didn’t make a swift breakthrough? And no sign of exposing players like 2017 WJC bronze medalist Gao Zhengze, 2017 AJC bronze medalist Bai Yupeng and 2016 AJC bronze Liu Haichao. I suppose they will all retire early, like Lin Guipu and Song Xue. Truly bad management of talent, if u ask me. Change is needed.

#1697 djake, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    antssantss likes this.
  18. antssantss

Retired
    Yes I agree there is light ahead of the tunnel for Chinas WS especially the juniors , ZM, CYY, HYue and W.Zhiyi, some names of my head. But there has also been disappointments. C.Yufei, G.Fangjie and LXX were exciting at the beginning but haven't really shone brightly consistently. They lack power and speed. I can't see them confidently beating TTY, CM, AY, Sindhu RI and NO. Only HBJ ,in my opinion has the talent to progress into that upper echelon. It used to be the China players that had this invincibilty when other players faced them. Wang Xin was a good example . She played in the Indian Open the first time and beat Saina Nehwal to win the tournament. Not anymore. I feel the Japanese WS and WD have taken over this mantle now.

As for the MS, the management at the junior level is good as can be seen from Chinas performance at the AJWC, but after that there is no strategy at all. One would have thought that the AJC and some others who performed well would have their futures mapped out for them. They would be playing in tournaments around the world. But we see nothing of them except at their home tournaments. They are left ignored for at least 2 years. Sad sad sad.

19. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Lin guipu is not retired .he had a injury and expecting return of him soon

20. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Talikng about han yue she is the asian junior champion 2017 and world junior runnersup in 2017.She was the first choice of chinese team rather than cai yai yan in junior ages.