Chinese Taipei Final Result

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003' started by double, Nov 9, 2003.

1. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    hopefully lee ts and lee cw can make some suprise for Malaysia'fans.however ,i think it is quite .......besides that ,choong hann will try her best,go go choong hann!

2. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    Re: Re: Women's doubles

cause they only focus at China open ,so..........

3. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    Yes, they are truly amazing. This is how they do it, the following is translation
    of an article from Taiwanese article last week:

Winning 7 major mixed tournaments in 7 months, how did Kim and Ra achieve this ?
    Kim answered in Chinese/Mandarin with 5 consecutive "tong" (sored/hurt) just before
    the Taipei Open in Taiwan.

Last six months also, both Kim and Ra have been hurting all over, but they still practice
    every day and 1 hour just for drive. It would be hard for them to continue without
    the mental toughness.

In interview, Kim pointed his body from shoulder to foot and using Chinese to say
    "Tong! Tong! Tong! Tong! Tong!". In order to win the Olympics, they keep going
    and the coach won't let them rest for a week until after China Open.

4. robinhood

robinhood Regular Member

Poor things!:(

5. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Indeed. You just have to observe them during the non-match times in a tournament. They're never apart from ice-packs (shoulders, back, thighs, calves, everywhere) and masseurs (their team doctor and juniors). Even during the 5min interval before a decider, they'll have their coaches and juniors icing their backs and massaging them. Between matches, Ra Kyung Min looks half-alive. She just collapses on the floor and lies there for as long as she can. On the night of the qf at the Singapore Open, her WD match was one of the last to finish and she had to limp and run her way to the bus with ice-packs on her calf. And the way her calves are strapped and bandaged during matches this whole season. AWW... Can u feel the pain?

6. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Btw Clinton, where did u see the article?

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A well respected coach here (Indonesian Chinese), was watching the HK OPen final Men's doubles. We were just talking about training. He said doubles training is far harder than singles training.

For doubles, you have to train much more on speed and strength. Obviously this is at the pros level.

Naukip, I also saw a lot of ice packs around and massaging (though not specifically noticed in the 5minute breaks). Kim Dong Moon puts one on his shoulder and then puts the T-shirt on over it. Makes him look as if he's got something growing on his shoulder.

8. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

yea he was in the process of strapping an icepack on his shoulder when i met him along the corridor and he smiled in acknowledgement. I just realised that both photos i have with kdm and rkm were when they were icing themselves. Not the most appropriate of time, but they were nice and very obliging to grant me my request of a photo with them. :)

actually, their five-minute interval looks like that of a boxing match, where people would crowd round the boxer once he goes back to his corner. What I saw was during the match against Simon Archer and Donna Kellogg when it had to go into a decider, Hwang Yu Mi was holding a towel at the corners and fanning rkm from the side like those Chinese palace maids in the past, while Kim Yong Hyun was icing kdm's back and massaging him later on. Kdm and rkm just sat there listening to their coach.

Well, when u have such great and invincible players in your team, it's definitely worth the effort treating them like kings and queens. What's precious is that they don't put on airs nor treat themselves like big shots.

9. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    From a badminton site in Taiwan, a very good site in traditional chinese

http://www.tacocity.com.tw/abs1984/badmintonline.htm

click on the recent news button on top.

10. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Oh ok thanx. I've seen the article. aww...

But someone the icons at the top can't seem to load. Hmm.