Comprehensive Insole Review Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by VeritasC&E, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Just got some Enertor Comfort. They are very light, use D3O material which is pretty impressive and they are endorsed by Usain Bolt. They also have a promotional video bouncing an egg off an insole, like Yonex, but off an actual insole, not an unrepresentative thick piece of material.

Initial impressions are they are thin enough to replace Yonex insoles and fit well with a nice heel cup. They do not have any additional arch support but there is a performance model that does. They just feel like slightly thicker alternatives to Yonex insoles.

https://enertor.com/pages/technology

2. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

Interesting. They seem to be heavy on marketing (and fake reviews across the internet), but the insole looks good. It would be interesting to see an independent review of the performance version as well.

Do they compare favorably to other insoles you've tried so far?

3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I will test properly on Tuesday. The comfort are neutral so seem to suit me better. Like the yonex power cushion insoles but with a little extra thickness. I don’t mind using the yonex insoles but they can move and slide under pressure plus wear out too quickly so I just want something to stay in place.

The performance have a thicker heel so might cause your heel to slip out. There is a discount code for 25% off - 25OFF. But I got a better price using amazon. They have a very good 60 day trial if you buy direct though.

#23 Ouchie, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    VeritasC&E likes this.
  4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

After 2 minutes I forgot I was wearing new insoles and didn’t think about them for over 2 hours. They are my new favourite. Not too thick, not too thin. Almost exactly the same shape as yonex insoles from high end shoes like Aerus 2. I really forgot about them then only realised when I took my shoes off that I should have been making mental notes about how they felt etc. They were simply part of my foot and did not do anything wrong. At no point did I feel like they were preventing me being able to move properly. They did not absorb impacts like sorbothane pros and did give a feeling of repulsion after movements with hard strikes on the floor. It was a perfectly uneventful test. Next time I will pay more attention and might alternate with sorbothane full strike and original yonex insoles.

5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

1 month after the initial test and my thoughts about the Enertor insoles have not changed. They just work and I really forget they are there. There are no compromises if you want to replace the yonex high end insoles. Unlike the sorbothanes which seem to be too thin or too thick to work as direct replacements.