DENMARK open 2008 DRAW!

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by george@chongwei, Oct 7, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

looks like a great draw for lee chong wei:D:)
    but its quite a tough draw for mew choo :rolleyes::eek:
    btw, lets see how far kkk/tbh can go in this tournament..their half has the new chinese combination pair cai yun.shen ye..
    here`s the draw.

Attached Files:

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i hope malaysia press wont gave chong wei so much pressure on winning this tournament though.:rolleyes:

Badminton: Easier for Chong Wei in Odense after Lin Dan withdrawal

By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: Olympic champion Lin Dan of China is skipping the Denmark Open as well. And it is yet another opportunity for Lee Chong Wei to win his first title as the reigning world number one.
    In the absence of Lin Dan, the Malaysian ace has failed to live up to his top billing in tournaments thus far.
    Lin Dan has been out of competition since his rout of Chong Wei in the Olympic men’s singles final in August and flying the flag for China in the tournament in Odense from Oct 21-26 will be Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin.
    Lin Dan’s decision not to defend the title presents Chong Wei the chance to extend his lead at the top of the rankings and also made amends for his losses in the Japan and Macau Opens.
    The top seeded Chong Wei should have no trouble beating fellow Malaysians Sairol Amar Ayob and Mohd Hafiz Hashim in the first and second round respectively. And he is expected to play against Indonesia’s Simon Santoso in the quarter-finals.
    If Chong Wei advances, there is a possible rematch of the Macau Open final against Indonesian Taufik Hidayat, who starts against Malaysian veteran Wong Choong Hann and has the third seeded Chunlai in his quarter of the draw.
    In the women’s singles, Wong Mew Choo will find it tough from the second round as she is likely to face World Championships runner-up Wang Chen of Hong Kong.
    Mew Choo, who is in the same half of the draw as world number one Xie Xingfang of China, will likely play against third seed Tine Rasmussen of Denmark if she advances to the quarter-finals.
    The Malaysian men’s pair of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will have to secure their first semi-finals appearance in the Super Series this season to get back among the top four in the world rankings.
    The world number five, who retained the Macau Open title last Sunday, should clear the early rounds but can expect a tricky challenge in the form of Chinese scratch pair Cai Yun-Chen Xu in the quarter-finals.
    It is tougher for Mohd Fai*ru*zizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif, who are seeking to regain their confidence after early round setbacks in their last two Super Series tournaments €” the Japan Open and China Masters.
    They are in the same half as top seeds and world champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia and also have in their path another Chinese scratch pair, Guo Zhendong-He Hanbin, in the second round.
    Women’s pair Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty are the fourth seeds and stand a good chance to reach the quarter-finals where they will probably play against China’s Pang Pang-Qing Tian.

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Very bad draw for MAS in XD.

1st round
    Razif/ChongSC will face 2nd seeds HHB/YY while LimKW/WongPT will meet KooKK/NgHL and the winner will play 2nd seeds in the 2nd round.

2nd round
    Poor TanWK/WoonKW will meet top seeds Nova/Liliyana in the 2nd round.

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Bad draw for MAS in MS as 5 players are drawn at the same half despite LCW having a favorable draw.

Sairul and Hafiz will face LCW in the 1st and 2nd round respectively.

WCH will meet TH in the 1st round and if he advances (or TH withdraws), BCL will await in the QF.

LTS will face Simon in the 2nd round.

5. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

unfavourable draw for Ina XD as Rijal/Vita vs Flandy/Greysia in 1st...but the rest of discipline looking quite good....MKY should have a chance to revenge against LL in 2nd....and also for GeNit as they should face C Shu/Z Yunlei again in 2nd....Vita-Butet shouldn't have a problem breeze into final as they've been drawn apart from all Chinese....interesting match ups in Ina's MS and MD as well.....best of luck for Ina shuttlers....

6. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Great, i want to see MKY revenge LL in 2nd round.
    I hope MKY can win and meet Zhu Lin and take revenge againts her..

But poor to bona and ahsan, they should meet the 2nd seed in the 2nd round.. But i think, bona/ahsan have some lesson to beat the dane's pair from their last match in japan open ss..

Good luck to all ina players..

SEMANGAT YAH!!

AYO, INDONESIA BISA!

#6 abesadi, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    After 7 titles in 3 weeks for INA team, somehow I have a feeling that DEN Open is the beginning of dry season for us.
    The top seeds have shown themselves. It won't be easy anymore.

I hope our shuttlers can prove me wrong.:)

And, yes, Indonesia Bisa! :D
    (Gotta go with our own chant, I think... :p)

8. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    Why didnt INA send Joko/Hendra?are the being isolated like luluk/alvent?sigh....
    but yeah Indonesia Bisa!!

9. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

i dont think Joko/Hendra are being isolated...its just probably the executive strategies of Ina's coaches to be selective to send our players that maybe not so transparent....or simply that Joko/Hendra are prepared for next SS outside Europe....last two SS : Chn and Hkg.....

10. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Can anyone confirm Taufiks appearance or withdrawel at the Denmark Open? Would be really nice to see him in shape for the Denmark Open!

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    as far as I know that His coach and TH told me he was not going due to visa processing time unless he gets special excemption from Danish Embassy in Jakarta....they will know by this week.

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Alvent/Luluk is no longer together.
    Alvent with pair with Rendra and their first outing will be in NZ Open.

Joko/Hendra do not get along..there a a talk that Hendra AG will be specialized in XD...not sure yet...the problem is that they have not found any partner for Joko either...in practice, Joko paired with Devin and been told they were doing well...then Devin is in XD....we will know more by end of this year with new management...

13. atmavidy

atmavidy Regular Member

Student
    Any info about New Zealand open??
    When will NZ Open be held??
    I can't find any thread talking about it and INA players that take a part there..

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Okay..I will list some of them.

Most of them are going to NZ as they are not competing at Kejurnas

15. atmavidy

atmavidy Regular Member

Student
    Ohw,, sorry, I just found the NZ's threads...
    :-D :-D

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, we have not won any title in Denmark Open for ages....so, its not surprising if we didn't win any title at all :cool:

Our records in the European SS are pretty atrocious :mad: So, any (and I mean any one of them) will be welcomed :rolleyes:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Where are our vocal Denmark BCers..

...hmm, so quiet...I wonder where are our vocal local Denmark BCers??...namely yannie and akskytt??..:confused:..You guys should be covering all over this tourney...;)

Are you guys expecting any players in particular to come??..:confused:

18. hansonlouphers

hansonlouphers Regular Member

college student
    oh man.. :(:(:(

Vita/Flandy will win tis round 1

19. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

Cai Yun is not pairing Fu Hai Feng, does this mean China is also trying out new pairing? Or Fu is drop, since he is pretty inconsistent.

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

we're here chris. :) now doing more reading than posting in bc.

we're expecting all players to come. ;) the more the merrier.