Denmark Open - Quarter Finals (24/10/2008)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by nunu27, Oct 23, 2008.

1. tyo_reborn

tyo_reborn New Member

Student
    Sure thing! :)

Ohh...you're also from Bandung. Heheh! Glad to know you

Well, I guess I'll be off soon... Wish all the best for team INA.

Good night!

2. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Jo/Rani I think is a good pair. They can entered the first final in Taipei Gold GP if I don't mistake. Jo can bring Rani to her level, however their level has not same yet with Lilyana/Vita. At least, INA have back up pair beside Lilyana/Vita. Jo cancelled her decision to only play at XD, and IMO this is good decision. Vita probably will be retired soon, since her age is quite mature, 28 y.o if I don't mistake, and PBSI must looking for right pair for Lilyana. I think if Vita retire, Lilyana will more concern at XD, and not play at WD anymore.

Lita/Endang is the weakest from the INA WD pairs above. Lita is deceptive player with good placing, but her defence is not quite good and don't have many variations, hence her opponents easy to read her play. Anyway, by send in Europe tournaments probably will bring their level in one step ahead.

Greysia/Nita also shown the progress, and PBSI see they will become a good pair in the future, they also younger than other INA pair. Their result in Denmark SS shown it, and beat Chinese young pair is the best result for them beside reach SF in SS. I believe Greysia/Nita will become top 10 World WD, since many Chinese players have retired. Chinese now have little problem with their WD. They hope with their youngsters, but not stable yet.

Shendy/Meiliana I think can back up others 2 pair above, but their level still one left behind, IMO. I hope with come back to Pelatnas they will have good sparring partners, but PBSI must don't forget to send them to many tournaments like Djarum did, or they will gone away...

#322 chemile, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    VERY GOOD ANALYSIS. Thank you for sharing.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Despite the fact that Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir had won 2 Super Series events in the past 2 years, they are limited by the fact that both players have to play in XD as well. I don't think they can be a long-term solution, especially since Vita Marissa is forming a decent partnership with Mohd Rijal in the XD itself. I think the WD coaches want to retain this partnership for the next Uber Cup and Asian Games, till 2010. Beyond that, it's anyone's gues.

The one pair to watch in the future is definitely Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii. They enter the SS event for the first time this week, after beating Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei and Helle Nielsen/Marie Roepke. Another tough test awaits today in Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui. If they can beat the seasoned MAS pair, the title will the theirs.

Likewise, Rani Mundiasti/Jo Novita surprise us by beating Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl. They should progress to the Final, facing Judith Meulendijks/Yao Jie today. However, I think this will not be a long-term pairing too given Jo Novita's impending retirement. I give this pair 1-2 years.

Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati will be another good pair to watch. They rely a lot on the power game and can be intimidating for many Asian opponents. They can break the top 10 next year. So, INA should have a stable crop of 3-4 pairs for the Sudirman and Uber Cups.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

See, told you there're more Indonesia fans here nowadays, they came back to gather during SS. :D;)

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think Lyliana should be paired with Jenna Gozali ( hopefully PBSI will recruit her next year)..Both are young and Jenna is only 18..very talented and more powerful than Nitya ( She cna jump smash too)...INA's answer to China's Du Jing....
    I hope PBSI can pair :

Tantowi/Debby Santosa or Jenna G.
    Devin with Debby/Jenna...

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Gres/Nitya still have a long way to go...from now on..They have to prove that they can beat CHN WD or KOR WD regularly....If they can win or be in Final , they are in right track but do not overjoy yet....still long way to go.......CHN, in my opinion, still at least has 4 or 5 pairs that we have not seen yet...

8. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    a quite success for INA WD in QF...
    wish they can perform well at SF

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what a decent day for Malaysia in the tournament yesterday quater final..:(
    HAIZZZZ.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

CHN's backup pairs:
    Pan Pan/Tian Qing
    Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei
    Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli
    Wang Siyun/Zhang Jinkang

11. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

yep....agree with splendid and thorough explanations above.....hmm.....

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

They are young and talented. Do you have any information INA WD that same age with them beside Nitya/Greysia and Shendy/Meiliana?

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    There are more:

Lu Lu/ Xia Huan
    Wang Yan/ Chen Zhuo
    Sheng Ying/Liziwei
    Deng Yu Ting/Tang Jin Hua

I am not counting Pan Pan/Qian Tian as back up pairs as they have been in CBA for a while now....I am afraid that Ma Jin/Wang Xiao Li or Wang/Zhang will take over from Pan Pan/Qian Tian

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    These are INA WD 21 and under ( Not counting Shendy/Meili)

Greysia/Nitya Maheswari
    Debby Santosa/Dewi Komala
    Rani/Annisa Wahyuni
    Nadya/Devi Tika
    Then I forgot their pairs:

Puspita Richi
    Keysa Hanadia
    Samantha Lintang/Belatrix ( right now in WS)
    Feinya
    Wenny Setyawati
    Also Jenna Gozali ...

The major problem for our INA WD....they are not lack of height and power...I hope Debby/Jenna/Feinya/Nadya will prevail.
    Actually INA coaches agree that Pia wil be wonderful INA WD but for now she will be playing in WS only..there si a talk to get her to play WD...

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And...

..what could be the major problem for the INA's WD??..do you mean they lack height and power??..:confused:

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Hauge...do u have reason why coaches think Pia would be good playing WD...