Difference between 88d and DZS

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by markylin88, Nov 15, 2019.

1. markylin88

markylin88 New Member

Hi I currently use astrox 77 and recently bought zf2 and find it alright. My clears and lifts are better than astrox but my smashes just feel worse. I'm not sure if it's because of my strings but my shots don't feel crisp and smashes aren't much harder than my astrox 77. I use aerosonic with astrox and I bought zf2 second hand with bg80. Anyone know about this string compared to aerosonic and if it's good? I am a intermediate player. If I switch zf2 with either astrox 88d or dzs which would be better for both singles and doubles? (I prefer to smash a lot) I want to know the main differences but can't find much online. I want the one with good and easy clears and as well as smashes. I don't mind about defence as long as offence is good.
    Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

ZF2 is much stiffer than 77 so it's possible that you're unable to flex it for your smashes. DZS is even stiffer than zf2, 88D is a little better but only slightly.

3. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

ZF2 vs Ax88D
    The only thing that ZF2 is better than AX88D is IMO the smashes and the solid feeling/feedback everytime you hit the shuttle. If you've got the technique then ZF2 is better in term of smashing ONLY. But I assume that you have not been playing a lot with ZF2 bcs in the long run, esp if you smash a lot, you will likely get tired as this racket is super demanding. If you feel like you've got a strong arm, great technique and the stamina. Pick ZF2 than AX88D. With that being said defence, control, speed, net and drives AX88D's got the upper hand over the ZF2.

ZF2 vs DZS
    Both of these rackets are very stiff. I'd say that DZS is the best in term of control over the ZF2 and 88D. This is an even balance racket but still deliver a great smash with good technique.

These 3 rackets have no problem perform in singles.

So to sum up, if you only think about smashes get the ZF2 over 88D only if you have the stamina, technique and power to do so. If you think all of those 3 are so so and still need a lot of improvement, get the 88D

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

4. markylin88

markylin88 New Member

Which racket would require most technique for best smash? Or which is most user friendly?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

5. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

1. ZF2 all day long

2. ZF2 is not the most user friendly.

AX88D and DZS are kinda the same in term of user-friendliness, only thing that you need to get used to the double sided of the Duora. So I'd say 88D is the winner here

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

6. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Well IMO 88D is most user friendly
    88D > DZS > VZF2
    That extra stiffness and compact head does need some time to get used to :)