Does equipment really matter?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ptang777, Jan 25, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i cannot agree more. this is the essense of racket choices. a racket doesn't make the player, but an appropriate chosen racket will bring out the potential of a player.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that's a neat alternative form of self disciplinary training.

3. napee

napee Regular Member

yeah agree with you too! now since i use racket that even pros use, i never ever blame the racket or even thinking about buying another. rather i'll just say that i AM the problem because the pros use it and they have no problem with it.

4. wawan

wawan Regular Member

no objections at all....

me too....buyin the classic racquet cab21SP...knew that most people comfortable with it and its totally a good start for beginner like me some time ago....
    and now...I'm used to it...and as mentioned by most of you....
    I finally able to discover and show my potential also improve my play...

5. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    In my opinion....

I don't really agree on this racquet being too powerful. In my view, you're saying nothing much is needed to beat your opponent anymore when you obtain a powerful racquet like AT800. However, a powerful racquet is indeed required when you're playing againest more skillful opponents. Or people that are very good WITH AT800. Do you want to lose slightly with a AT800? Or do you want a normal racquet so your shots will be worst ending up losing by alot more?

6. tifam

tifam Regular Member

Many pros have changed their rackets as doing assigments for the sponsors (even with rackets which are different properties ) and almost of them hold fast to achievements.
    What is the matter here? The pros do get or don't get medals from exerting themselves; the sponsor ( frequently be the YONEX) always does get profits from new model rackets!!!
    He he, for us, we do get the non-conclusion of our idle discussion!:p

7. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    That's why we throw opinions at the bowl and whoever is unsure can read for information:D

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    If you carefully read what I said, I didnt say the racquet makes the player. What you are sayign is exactly what I was trying to say.

9. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I *know* you didn't say the racket makes the player. But you didn't stressed this clear enough IMO.

You should have separated the statement "..racket makes the player...", from your disagreement since it wasn't against that you were voicing another opinion.

Don't leave an open end for misconception, there will *always* be people who will make the wrong interpretation if possible.......unfortunatly they're going to pay for it. You and me as less unknowledgeable (is that a word?) should help them before too late.

But in this case *I* did a mistake, making it look as I was highly critic of you. What I wanted to do was just to prevent anyone from mixing-up the player with the playing, understanding what you *really* were objecting about.

Some might say it's just semantics, but it really is a whole world of conception differating.

/ mats

#69 wirre, Mar 23, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  10. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Please tell me whats so hard to understand about this statement.

11. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I still think wirre's explaination is greater than all of the other ones I've read.

Even if you're a newbie with an AT800, you'll still beat yourself if you had a Isometric 23vf or something.
    Racquet helps you play better. If you think racquet is too powerful and you don't like to beat your oppponents anymore, then say goodbye to badminton~

Because there's always someone that can beat you.

12. tifam

tifam Regular Member

The following informations are factual :
    - The Viet Nam champion badminton player ( men's single and men's double) has ever used a MP100 (never ATs,NS)
    - The Viet Nam Universities' champion badminton player ( men's single) has ever used a ProAce racket, although he had three Yonex MP and AT rackets.
    - My mixed - double partner has ever used a racket which perfectly made in Viet Nam (brand named HAIYEN) and always keeps good achievements (in women's single) at amateur tournament of HCMC.She is also wealthy.
    All them said that they really pleased with their equipments.:D

13. mulliet

mulliet Regular Member

hmm... my opinion... u train.. u get good teqnique u get good footwork u get good fitness.. (if u have a good coach :p).. and if ur good u can use a good raquet to "help u". If your a good playa the best... if ur say lin dan then u can probbaly use a wooden raquet and still beat some1 not so good with a ns 8000... its the playa that makes the raquet not the raquet that makes the playa...

lol.. my little opinion

14. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    The racquet does not make a difference and

here's why...

regardless of brand and model, I still sucks at badminton :D :D :D

15. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    lol.... A racquet makes you play better, If you have the same skill as your opponent, yet you're using a wooden racquet while he uses a MP99. He'll crush you.:D

16. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Ah, grasshopper, that's not quite right. Let assume that I played with a wooden racquet and am at the same skill level as my opponent who plays with a MP99. Now, why would he crush me since he and I are at the same level but if he and I are at the same skill level and we both play with a MP99 AND I switched to a wooden racquet (my skill level is now no longer at par with him), then that's a different story. :)

As I am sure we have seen before, a player with a so-called crappy racquet (i.e. not the latest model) can beat the stuffing out of another player who uses the latest model.

In conclusion, choose your racquet according to your level and style of play to maximize the benefits.

#76 Winex West Can, Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  17. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I meant if you play againest someone at your level, yet you're using a wooden crappy racquet and he's using a good racquet. The chance of him beating you is 70%.

Think of it as you cloned yourself and you're playing againest your clone, you gave your clone a good racquet and gave yourself a bad one, who will win? The one with good racquet duh.

You can make better shots with a good racquet. It's probably lighter too.

18. tifam

tifam Regular Member

In our discussion about this matter, anyone mentioned about " wooden rackets" in comparison of " new model racket" to protect his or her opinions that " good rackets could make you play better". I donot accept that argument, in comparison an equipment of 1960's,1970's with the lastet model equipment. Sure that I and the others people who think that " the racket is not important than the player" have never given opinions which mean " the wooden racket is better than the Yonex NS" . Do not "label " us, pls!:rolleyes: Do not thrust the matter from extreme left to extreme right! When I argue, I only imply that many player could hold far achievements with the rackets which are not lastest model. "Not lastest model rackets" is not meant " wooden rackets".
    On the other hand , I had tried the wooden rackets since 1970's of Dunlop, Typical (a brand name from Japan) when I had been a pupil. Anyway, I thank them on giving me the first interest in badminton. Therefore, I could connect closely all my life with the shuttlecock!:)

19. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    There's no magic single thing, magic pill, magic potion that will make a player of hypothetical average standard of 80, suddenly jump to 90. If two players are the same level, then the difference will be psychological, who believes he/she can win, and have the confidence, perserverance, and focus to win.

Entry-level, to professional, there's a progression of focus from equipment (entry-level) to technique/form/vision (professional).

-dave

20. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I'm only using the "wooden racquet" and the "new latest model" as an example of what I mean by a better racquet.

Of course a better racquet make better shots, it's true. Otherwise it wouldn't be called "better".:rolleyes:
    When you guys say "are racquets worth more than players now?" Or "are new racquets overpowered?"

Does it mean crappy racquets should now be made instead of Amortec, Muscle Power, Nanospeed?

Should we just stick with Carbonex 8200?

If a better racquet + string makes better shots, then that mean it helps you in the game. And if it helps the game, then..... What's there to complain about it?:)