Draw is out

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by hcyong, Apr 2, 2007.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If Malaysia wins the MD, I will not shave my head bald.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahaha, indeed, MD looks kinda boring this year, it'll be a shocker if one of the MAS pairs doesn't win it.

for MS, slightly more interesting, i would say LCW has the advantage since it's homeground and he always does well with home crowd support. it won't be an easy ride for him though, Ng Wei in 3rd round, TH in QF, CY in SF and possibly CH in F (although i hope Simon makes it in the bottom half).

4. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,i think this is a tough challenge for LCW.If he can beat all the opponent and win this title,he will be coming back.Hope he can do well.

5. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

thanks hcyong
    haha
    ya md a bit boring with less challenges.
    mas should win MD cos many other top pairs didnt join and they have 4 seeded pairs. i thought the old combination MD is playing in ABC but it shows the new combination here.
    ws and ms seems interesting. hope wmc can make it to final to meet wang chen again.hehe.
    tough one for lcw.taufik is there to stop him :(
    i hope wch win against simon this time. donno why they always meet each other early.haha.
    i also read that ceh may skip ABC from nst. nway wish them all the best and ceh get fully well soon.

Eei Hui could miss ABC meet

WOMEN’S doubles Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui may not get the chance to repeat their fabulous All England run in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) in Johor Baru on April 10-15.

Eei Hui is nursing a right ankle injury and women’s doubles coach Cheah Soon Kit said she might have to give the ABC a miss.

"Eei Hui is nursing an ankle injury, and we have referred her to the National Sports Council (NSC). We are awaiting the outcome," said Soon Kit yesterday.

Ranked World No 6, Pei Tty-Eei Hui made the semi-finals of the All England earlier this month and Soon Kit reckons the pair are finally beginning to deliver.

While they have maintained their world ranking in the top 10, the pair have not made much headway in terms of honours on the World stage.

But the All England run, said Soon Kit, would have boosted their confidence.

"They have what it takes to be there. The main objective is the Olympics and if they can’t play in the ABC, they will shift their focus to the Singapore and Indonesia Opens."

The Singapore and Indonesia Opens, in May, are the first two tournaments offering qualifying points for the Beijing Olympics.

6. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    MD draw is TOOOOOO one-sided... all MAS pairs are seeded EXCEPT CCE/HCH...

7. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i think LCW will have a hard time in Johor... but i think he can overcome it IF he can win TH... CY n CH i think LCW has a big chance of winning dem.. but still......

8. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

looks like a hard parth for LCW to win the title!!!

anyway!! lcw jia you!

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I disagree that LCW has a tough draw. Ng Wei has not been a real threat for a long time; TH needs to a couple of tournaments to get fit again no matter what anyone says (you cannot be match fit if you have not played in the last two tournaments); and Chen Yu is not as dangerous as Chen Jin (and if LCW regains form, Chen Yu will lose to LCW).

If LCW does not get to the Final, then I think it would be easy to write him off after this. He is fighting fit having trained keenly from what I have heard. So expect him to let loose and not fancy free--he is out to win !

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LCW has been no match for Chen Yu in the new scoring system, expect another disatrous defeat if he faces him in the semi finals.
    But I doubt he'll get pass Taufik Hidayat who has complete mental advantage of the mentally fragile LCW.

11. tjl_vanguard

Student
    its still hard to put things tat way... anything might happen...:D

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

X Ball: So you're saying his draw is quite easy :)? I'm not sure many people would agree there. He can win it sure, but it'll be hard fought if he does. I don't think Chen Yu is really any less dangerous than Chen Jin right now. He beat CJ at the AE just recently. And while it took Chen Jin 3 sets to beat LCW, CY beat him in two. I'm not saying that Chen Yu is better than Chen Jin (as you can't really compare 2 players by the outcome of a few matches) but you shouldn't judge him too lightly. Though I agree that an on form LCW should beat CY (even then though you can't expect a player to win everytime no matter how good they are). It just remains to be seen whether or not this will be the LCW that shows up this time.

Taufik's rarely that well prepared for tournaments lately anyway so I don't think we'll see a huge difference with him. I certainly wouldn't write off LCW if he doesn't make the final here. That's a lot of pressure on LCW, especially considering his draw. If he could just make any final he wanted whenever he wanted he'd be the best player in the world for sure. I know all too well the kind of situation he's in right now. You can't just get back on track immediately, it does take time and we've seen what LCW is capable of when he is on form. Although it would be great to see the old LCW show up at this tournament I don't mind if we have to wait a little longer. He'll be ready when he's ready.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

An interesting field in the MD, with Yoga Ukikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuji, Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan and Rendra Wijaya/Devin Lahardi (new pair) being tested here. No signs of the Djarum pairs Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian or Sigit Budiarto/Frans Kurniawan.

In the WD and XD, Lita Nurlita/Nathalia Poluakan, Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati, Lingga/Nitya Krishinda, and Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita will have their chances to get some experience as well.

There are indeed many young INA players for the singles event: Tommy Sugiarto, Alamsyah Yunus, Andreas Adityawarman, Indra Bagus, and Bandar Sigit Pamungkas in the MS; Aprilia Yuswandari and Pia Zebadiah have to go through the qualifiers first. Taufik Hidayat and Simon Santoso; Maria Kristin, Adrianti Firdasari and Fransisca Ratnasari complete the squad.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I did not say it is quite easy --- I said it is not tough.;) And I agree with your comment that one can't just get back on track immediately, and as such I think Taufik will struggle a bit because after his Asiad win, he lost heart, and he missed the next two tournaments (AE and Swiss). Taufik will take a tournament of to ease back in. Don't expect too much from the guy.

And I think LCW has trained on well even though he switched switch - all for the better I assure you.

15. K Genetics

K Genetics Regular Member

Malaysia has a good draw in MD, I guess dominating the MD final is the main task for MD team.

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I really hope LCW can win this tournament :). I will be cheering for him! I agree with your comment in another thread about LCW's decision to train under Misbun. If he thinks that's what is best for his game then I don't think it's up to us to argue against his decision. We should trust LCW :D. Give him some time and see how it works out first.

There are many juniors I recognise from World Juniors last year in the main draw. It should be interesting to see how they do. Tommy Sugiarto has done quite well in recent tournaments by the looks of it.

#16 phaarix, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  17. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

LCW has the mental block against TH. Even though TH 'might' not be well prepared physically, somehow LCW lost to TH in terms of mentality.

18. ixory

ixory Regular Member

LCW Jia You...Jia You,find back ur confident !!!WMC Jia You..Jia You
    Agreed, MD is little bit boring...

19. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah that is mainly what makes me think he will have a very tough time against Taufik. He lost quite badly to him the last few times they met and I don't think LCW will be very confident going into a match against him.

Edit: And I suppose the QF will not be televised either? I still haven't actually seen LCW vs TH at all...

20. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Chen Yu should expect a tough openning match against Korean Park Tae Sang. If I am not mistaken, Park Tae Sang was the player who defeated Bao Chunlai in straight games during 2004 Athen Olympics Games. I won't be surprise if Park beat another Chinese player especially if Chen Yu has not completely recovered from his injury.