Duora Z Strike (3u) | Owner's Diary

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by swsh, May 8, 2017.

1. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Arc11 does have issues with tensions closer to 29lb. The sinking in is not immediate, but you should opt to change the top few grommets to be U-shaped grommets. That should minimize the stress on the entire frame.

dtjovan likes this.
  2. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Wouldnt that change aerodynamics?

3. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Of course it will. However particularly for Arc11, I dont feel that the very slight increase in headweight will affect racket performance too much. But that's personal.

Arc11 is even-balance. It can take that little bit more weight. In fact I feel that 2-3mm in BP is sometimes overblown when you read it in text.

4. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    Find a better stringer like @Junye suggested. I had my regular stringer did 30-31lbs on ARCZS for a year, no issues until I clashed with my partner.

5. thevileking

thevileking Regular Member

I see. Do you know where I can get such grommets?

6. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Seriously unless you are going past 30lbs, you shouldn't worry too much.

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Day ;unknown;

Handed it over to one of the best players there and he didn't like it as much either with the setup at hand. 85 is settling in well now and feels sharper than ever. Still it seems extra tension has swooped the power away from it and it's best kept at 30 like usual or below for ultimate performance instead of going higher like with few other strings (Li Ning No.1 etc). I'm waiting for Gosen G Tone5 to test and in the meantime I'll be getting zymax 62F to test with this.

Overall I think 85 is really sharp but perhaps not fully compatible with this racket at this tension. Definitely a slight reduction in tension would do it more justice as the lifts / clears require unnecessarily extra effort (even if just a slight amount) for every shot. Racket has been doing well but I don't know if this is the string for this. I think Li Ning No.1's repulsion has spoiled me but then again it never had the feel or control that this offers. My below elbow area definitely starts to get tired much easier with this than everything I've used so far excluding the 890 which had even lesser repulsion or felt like so. Sound is great tho!

I've switched to a technifibre grip with extremely minimalistic technifibre writing on it (made from super small dots) and it feels great. Perhaps not as good as mygrip the first few shots but this lasts far longer and offers it's maximum performance for a longer period of time as well.

8. Xan Wong

Xan Wong Regular Member

Can anyone give me a comparison between z strike and Lin dan force

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yes. Completely different rackets tho are you cross shopping between the two?

10. Xan Wong

Xan Wong Regular Member

Yea i am planning to get a new racket ... mainly cause i will be entering a double tournament but i am not entirely into a completely double racket so i am looking for a hybrid between singles and doubles

11. thevileking

Would you be interested in other brands? Victor makes some great rackets that do both singles and doubles. Jetspeed 9,10,12 are both great in both. The hypernano series is no slouch in being able to play well in both. However, if you want to stick with yonex, I would suggest Arcsaber 11 or Duora 10. Both are even balance and used alot in both singles and doubles

12. Xan Wong

Xan Wong Regular Member

I am looking for something with solid feel at the frame , i don't mind if its HH for my racket just not too heavy, cause currently i am using 3u ZF2

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    The bachands from dzs are fast but there's no solidity. I'm afraid even tho dzs is a very good hybrid racket in a way, it might not be for you if all you're looking for is a solid hitting feel.

14. Xan Wong

Xan Wong Regular Member

Comparing it to LD force? Have you used LD force before?

15. thevileking

I've used it about once, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But the LD force and the DUOZS feel completely different from what I can remember. LDF has a lot more feel, and IMO, slightly slower. Not sure about it being used in doubles tho, when it comes to those fast rallies duozs will def be better

16. thevileking

the hypernano x900 has great solid feel, and also the hypernanox800 power, HH, although not too heavy, and the feel is great and solid. Both rackets are also incredibly fast and have great drives

17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I have quite a bit. Lack of stiffness works wonders when executing smashes continuously in doubles. 3u ZF2 can get tiring and require you rest in between games a little bit but with LDF you can keep going and hitting hard. Even DZS gets tiring after a few games.

I've never played with Li Ning N9 II but I reckon it has the same principle going for it.

Day ;unknown;

Bg85 has officially started fraying on the sweetspot. Oh well it lasted few days I guess..I'm gonna cut it off tomorrow.

18. blablabla21

blablabla21 Regular Member

Have you considered NG98 on the Z-strike ?

19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I have but if repulsion was all I wanted I could've settled for Li Ning No.1. NBG98 is one of my favourites on smash type rackets but not on normal rackets that have other uses. If I had bought a ZF2 yeah sure put up a NBG98 at 29/30 and enjoy it's insane durability but with a DZS you need more control on each shot. It's really hard to do that with something that is as slippery as 98.

I'm currently waiting on g tone 5 from MBS but for right now I'll be looking at zymax 62 as hopefully the most textured string available normally in our market with good repulsion as a plus.

20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Further update from today. Just two sessions in it snapped on me. People seem to be using nylon shuttles too often atm and I'm struggling to clear it with my current tension. Some new opponent kept telling me how to play so I told him we should exchange rackets. Was quite funny seeing his full power shots landing before midcourt LOL.

Anyhow, I definitely need a decrease in tension if I'll be forced to hit nylons often. I'm thinking of 28 square tension when my favourite string arrives tomorrow or day after tomorrow (bg80). Should I go even lower? I'm not sure tbh. I like my current tension but every shot takes so much strength that I am never prepared for a follow up. Those things are so slow I swear.... Shreyas can definitely write here about the slow shuttles he played with last time he came.

So far my father has told me to knock back my tension to 28. I agree since 4lbs should be a good knock back and still end up feeling relatively crisp when I am playing with feather 40% of the time. I remember @ucantseemee pointing out something regarding bg80 being best at 28. So will probably stick to that till people get bored of nylons..

#80 swsh, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017