Dutch Open Venue

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by demolidor, Jun 16, 2007.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Finally somewhere else than "Den Bosch" :):):) and couldn't be any closer ;).

A brand new venue in Almere, 2500 + 500 seats. No official site yet but here's some artist impressions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And some real pictures I made today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As can be seen very close to the original ideas. The outside wall consists of thousands of little tiles btw. Only difference really is the colour of the seats that changed from the purple (main occupants team colour) to the white/red. Not the best seats I have to say (no back support).
    The 2nd hall has 16 badminton courts and 250 seats so hopefully it will only be used as a warmup hall. But I guess we'll see in October :cool:.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Centrum voor Top & Breedtesport
    De Pierre de Coubertinlaan 7
    1362 LA Almere Poort

36,1 km from Schiphol International Airport (about a 27 min drive)

[​IMG]

Funny coincidence that the French Open is held in the Pierre De Coubertin Stadium and dutch @ Pierre de Coubertin lane :D.

#3 demolidor, Jun 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks..

..for taking and sharing those pics for us, demolidor..Another interesting badminton hall/facility, with one side housing the practice hall and adjacent to it, the actual playing venue:cool:..Btw, did they hold last yr's Dutch Open in the same venue??..:confused: