Eagnas challenger 1 shoulder support problem/options

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Petah, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Petah

Petah Regular Member

I have been stringing for the past 5 years on a simple 2 mount/drop weight machine and never had an issue. But because I am starting to string for more people, I recently upgraded to an eagnas challenger 1 stringing machine. However, I noticed a slight problem with the new machine. At 12 and 6 o'clock where the racket rests, it's actually slightly higher than the bottom of the stock K shoulder supports. As a result, when the racket is mounted, the bottom of the racket is not touching the bottom of the K mounts. But if I tighten down the shoulder support to the point where the racket doesn't move, it force the racket downwards to sit on the bottom of the k supports. I don't feel very comfortable at all as the racket is being flexed downwards. For the interim, I have removed the rubber padding from at 12 and 6 and now the bottom of the racket is lined up and works better. Has anyone run into this problem?

As a result of this issue, I have been looking into aftermarket/custom shoulder supports that might work better and the stock K supports. I came across Michal Chudek's custom mounts. Will these mounts secure the racket better? Are there other/better options out there?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...stant-Pull-(Wise-2086-aka-Tennis-Head)/page16

Thanks.

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Eagnas machines are bound to have problems, the build quality is terrible and quite dangerous for rackets and strings.

Chudek's supports should probably fix your problem. If it doesn't, you should be able to add extra washers under them to raise them up. However, you'll probably encounter more problems sooner or later with the rest of the machine.