Equipment - Factors in Injuries?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Super~ME!, Apr 10, 2005.

1. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    There was once when a sweet sexy lady was playing in the court next to us. Well... she was definitely not a professional player, she swung the racket in a very funny way, and laughing and smiling all the way... Having very sexy body, I bet most of them would not be capable of playing well with her around...

And... on our court, one of the players seemed to be disillusioned. The bird flew and hit directly onto his forehead; a very hard smash! Oh dear! that guy have been playing for the past 15 years on the court, and yet being hit by the bird on the forehead! Everyone laughed, very loudly, for quite a while! He felt really embarassed...

2. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    ...haha!...this is probably why you don't see professional female badminton players dressing like professional female tennis players...especially in mixed...it's just too risky at the speed the birdie can fly nowadays:p ...

3. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well... normally professional players look more rugged and 'muscular'. That girl was fair, soft, fleshy, shapy, and... whatsoever good terms you can think of. And... very nice looking... just could not resist! Sometimes, such things must be appreciated at a distance, and such infatuations generate much more ecstacy...

They enjoyed the session very much that evening, I bet partly because of her presence...

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

i've been using a 82g and headlight airblade superlite for the last 5-6 months, and i just recently acquired a 2U cab21sp from my friend to try.
    from just swinging it around inside the house, my wrist immediately felt the strain from not using a 2U racquet in such a long time. the first outing with the cab lasted about an hour. my forearm was feeling obviously more tired than usual, and was much slower than the airblade in the doubles games.

the next day, i tried it with singles, and found it much more suitable for singles for me, atleast. i'm lucky i have used 2U exclusively before the airblade, so i was somewhat prepared properly. i did notice the sweetspot was much smaller than my airblade, despite it both being strung at 24lbs, oval, and similar frame sizes.
    strings might be the reason though. the airblade is bg66/85 hybrid, while the cab21sp was bg65/66 hybrid.

a friend tried out the cab as well, as immediately began to comment on the effect it was having on his wrist and gave it back to me. he on the other hand, has used 3U and 4U only, ever since he started playing.

i agree with cappy to an extent. heavier racquets will have an immediate feedback and the user will probably put it aside.
    a lighter racquet won't be so obvious and the user may hurt themselves before they realize it. this can lead to much more serious injuries.

lastly, if kwun or bluejeff reads this, i blame you both. i think you might have another cab convert. atleast for my singles game. :eek:

#24 chickenpoodle, Apr 14, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2005