Football 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wilfredlgf, Jun 13, 2011.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Who is the key player u talking about? Well, besides the goalkeeper being dropped which i dunno what's the reason.. I dunno which key player.. Vidic?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

*bump* :p

[video=youtube;I3_YCNXbzNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3_YCNXbzNQ&feature=related[/video]

3. King's

King's Regular Member

No surprises here, as soon as Man Utd succumbed in a dead heat to Man City. The Futbol/Soccer chatters just went silent. Ah, so much for the Red Devils winning it every so often. Liverpool had the times of their lives and does Man Utd. Time to let others shine.:cool:;):D

4. King's

King's Regular Member

How about Galatasaray's two-way race with Febernahce? Impressive though expected!:cool:

5. King's

King's Regular Member

...and it's good Barca doesn't bag it every year. Probably that Osil guy is the cog that freewheels Real Madrid whilst everyone is fixated between the Cristiano and Lionel's duel.:rolleyes:

Wonder where the Brasilian kid Neymar will end up playing?

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Had to go paaaaaaaages back to dig up this thread :D. And that in arguably the most exciting season in modern history :p ...
    Thread's been dead perhaps since ManU opened an 8 point gap?

In other news: Dalglish OUT! Thank god ....

Also ... that time of the year again ;)

kampioen.jpg

7. King's

King's Regular Member

Thanks to you for opening it up again. Prolly should just start a new thread called soccer/futbol with no year/season suffixed so that it runs forever.

Dalgish out, should he be bitter? I think not! So who's next on the firing line?:)

Once Man U, Chelsea, Arse(excuse me)nal and to a lesser extent (these days) Liverpool are out of the running, the fan boys just leave town. Much like if Ajax and Feyenoord (or shall we just call them Amsterdam vs. Rotterdam;)) exited early and Excelsior won it all!:D

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:cool: Yes dug it up in time for the Euro's ;)

[video=youtube;6v8Ta_8F7WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8Ta_8F7WU[/video]

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Anyone believe Chelsea will win tonight?

10. King's

King's Regular Member

So long as Frank spearheads it, my answer is an emphatic yes!:cool:

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Frank wasn't playing well for the past year and I thought he was over the hill but the past months he has been excellent, contributing the goals in the Barca matches. On another note, I think JT is a liability. A captain for his stupidity which indirectly caused his team mates, Raul Meireles, Ramires and Ivanovic to pick up yellow cards thus ineligible to play.

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

such an epic match between both teams. This is UEFA. Only the best team will win the Cup. Chelsea won by penalties 5-4. Mata did wasted the first penalty, but Cech performs at his peaks. Thanks to Cech for this memorable win!

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Congrats to Chelsea. We finally did it.

14. King's

King's Regular Member

And Chelsea has won it, congratulations! Frank imo is the heart and soul of Chelsea even if he is not playing well. JT (just like Roy Keane was during his stint at Man U) is their cornerstone; both head cases. Of course, their true star player is what makes these respective teams bankable; not their heart and soul nor cornerstones or anything else for that matter.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Req

Let me slip in a little request ;). Anyone know anywhere left to get this shirt :confused:

germany_away_2010.11_shirt_1 (Small).jpg

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

In Praise Of Drogba
    The hero of Chelsea's historic Champions League final victory, Ivorian striker Didier Drogba is a man of the world whose intellect and impact extend far beyond the pitch
    GRANT WAHL

"Last Saturday, in a packed Allianz Arena in Munich, Chelsea striker Didier Drogba stepped to the penalty spot with the chance to win the most prestigious trophy in world club soccer, to end the UEFA Champions League final with one 12-yard kick. The 34-year-old striker had done more than any other player to bring the Blues to the brink, scoring a driving header off a corner in the 88th minute to draw level with Bayern Munich at 1--1. As the scene unfolded, I thought back to another moment, one I spent with Drogba two years earlier inside a dusty compound, surrounded by soldiers wielding AK-47s, in the tense Angolan enclave of Cabinda.

Drogba was there to play in the Africa Cup of Nations for his beloved Ivory Coast. I had come to interview him for a story on his role in healing the wounds of civil war in his homeland. Drogba is one of the leading humanitarians in world football—he has donated and raised millions of dollars to build a hospital in his native Abidjan—and while he was happy to talk soccer, we spent much of our time together watching news reports on the devastating earthquake in Haiti.

Drogba's first instinct, rare among athletes, is to listen. As the images from Haiti flashed on the TV, he said nothing, concentrating on the scene, processing the scale of the catastrophe. We discussed the role Brazil's national team had taken in that impoverished island nation, including sending its biggest stars to Haiti for a friendly in 2004 to raise money and lift the country's spirits. We talked about books; Drogba left the room to bring back his latest material. "I've been reading a lot of Paulo Coelho," he said, referring to the Brazilian novelist whose writing is infused with spirituality and self-discovery. He was also reading Nelson Mandela's autobiography and a history of the African diaspora in Europe. (Drogba moved to France at age five.) In 15 years as a journalist I have never had an interview with an athlete that felt more like a two-way conversation."

Cont'd. http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1198741/index.htm

#216 demolidor, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"Let's get it on!" EURO 2012

[unexpectedly] Quite well done if I say so myself [​IMG]

[video=youtube;1368ZdHk6p0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1368ZdHk6p0&feature=plcp[/video]

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube;wTVhGZ6Bp40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wTVhGZ6Bp40[/video]

19. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    do you want me to look for it in berlin?

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Can't hurt to keep an eye out ;):cool:. Of course on condition it is on sale and not what Adidas seems to call a sale these days: still priced over 50 euro :rolleyes:. A figure starting with 3 is acceptable for this one ... (and should be Large or Medium)