For those who claim LD is affraid of LCW in MO- here is some clue

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by xymaerts, Jan 20, 2010.

1. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    hence, this statement:

perhaps BWF can issue and enforce some sort of Code of Conduct. but this deal might backfire because its risky to go against powerhouse countries.

this sport, as it is, already has trouble generating enough interest, especially from sponsors. even if one of the countries pull out from all competitions due to some conflict with the federation, it will be disastrous for the entire community.

takes 2 hands to clap; chicken or egg first; etc.

#21 psychophant, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LD's training and tournament logistic tailor for 2012 OG, WC's, AE's, TC's, AE, SC. MO is an expendable opportunity. If he has an itchy toe, he can afford to drop out of MO. He put in some good words on LCW and some people take it as afraid of LCW:rolleyes:. There are enough opportunity for lcw to challenge LD. For LCW to be remembered in badminton history, he has to win some key titles, not statistics on how many times he beat LD or TH, even tho H2H record against LD for these 2 foes aren't rememberable either. Of course, if i'm lcw, i too would play on and make hay ($$) while the days are sunny (no LD:D).

#22 cooler, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Lin Dan is meticulously planning and training for events he choses! Who cares anyways, he can pile the maximum number of points in as less tournaments he so desires:cool:! That's the mark of a true champion:cool:!

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lin Dan is definitely not afraid of LCW, he would not be afraid of a player whom he has beaten numerous times. However, I don't think he views the Malaysian Open as a small tourney with no significance.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's only a disappointment for Badminton fans wishing to see another LCW-vs-LD match

According to the Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/sto...840&sec=sports

====== * ====== * ====== * ====== * ====== * ======

“Although I did not go to Seoul, I followed the tournament closely. Chong Wei is now really in great form. He is a very well-rounded and world-class player,” Lin Dan told sports.cn from his training base here on Tuesday.

On why he withdrew from the Malaysian Open, Lin Dan said that he wanted to train harder and regain tip-top form before going to Kuala Lumpur to compete in the tournament.

“But I have not adjusted to the best of condition. If I go for competitions in a hurry, I will not only be unable to play to my best ability but I will also risk getting injured,” he said.

====== * ====== * ====== * ====== * ====== * ======

In other words, Lin Dan said he wasn't ready to face Lee Chong Wei at the 2010 Malaysian Open. He also said that he realised that Lee Chong Wei is now really in great form.

Questions:
    * Why have Lin Dan registered himself as a participant in the first place?
    * Would Lin Dan have come if Lee Chong Wei wasn't in top form?

Oh well, no answers will be offered here. ;););)
    It's only a disappointment for Badminton fans wishing to see another LCW-vs-LD match.

#25 chris-ccc, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  6. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Very clear. In lay man term can we interprets as "i fear him in MO as i m not ready yet".. Can we?

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks for going great length to highlight the important and hidden points. That's why I say let our members make their own judgements.

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I feel LD has become much more lazier, ever since he has gained rank in status.... He's thinking he's a superstar and seems to be into the more superstar mode... with his streetwear stuff ... etc...
    I doubt his passion will ever be tthe same as it was in 2008.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

His focus is only on the Major Events...and right now, he's left with one...which is the Asian Games right at home also. He cannot afford to be exhausted and lose focus.

You can see that if he loses focus, he can even lose to a nobody like Choi Ho Jin. Considering that Asian Games Indiv Event takes place after the Team Event, it's a worry that Lin Dan's focus may not last that long. He hasn't won any back-to-back events as far as I know :cool:

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    so lin dan is no more super dan! but smart dan as he knew he will be in trouble in m.open after hearing how lcw squashed those in k.open..

11. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Personally,I don't mind if Lin Dan is coming to MO or not...without hesitation I have bought the tickets as earlier as I can...with the mindset--besides giving support to my countrymen/women,I am also looking forward to watch live some good badminton as they are other good players around like PG,TH,PSH,BP,CJ,JJS-LYD,WXS,Tine,ZM,DJ-YY,etc...coz I am one of the badminton supporter like anyone of you out there.

P/s:No offense to LD

12. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    LD is playing mind games. If he is not ready and lost to LCW in MO, that will boost LCW confidence a million fold and will not be helpful for the coming AE. LD is a smart guy and no longer interested in SS titlles. Let's watch him in AE.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Everyone is saying everything but LCW and LD have said very little or nothing. It is beginning to make sense :the guys who can't play like to talk the loudest. Wonderful.:D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    no matter what is the reason, its definately very bad to pull out last minute....

15. majyun

majyun Regular Member

My goodness...

I actually agree with Xball for the first time. This post makes the most sense compared to all those trash talking you did by borrowing LCW's name :D:D:D.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Im sure LinDan is not scared of LCW. But he might the "scared" of Malaysian Fans... :)

17. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Lin Dan might be busy dating:)? Or perhaps he is busy with commercial shoots and advertising engagements?

18. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Or partying with some random silly stars and driving some fancy cars :eek:

19. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Or superbikes since he is a speedster on the court, might as well do it off the court? Probably, he is a highway star too with his Ducati:cool:?

Fancy cars and superbikes are great for him to relax but ''silly girls'' could drive him crazy and he might not be able to perform at peak form during a tournament:D.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Applying LCW's name as "Le Coming Winner"

Hahaha...
    Many BCers still remember X Ball applying LCW's name as "Le Coming Winner". :D:D:D