Former Malaysian coaches rate the team’s chances

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by ants, May 11, 2004.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Indra Gunawan
    INDRA GUNAWAN: It is going to be very close and the score will be 3-2 either way. But I feel Indonesia have the slight advantage to win the tie.

Indonesia will go all out to win points from one singles and two doubles. And they will be more dangerous following their 0-5 defeat by China.

I had expected Indonesia to lose to China, who have a very strong team. Indonesia will have to admit that they do not have as strong a team as they had before.

For Malaysia to have any hope of winning this tie, they have to win the first point through Wong Choong Hann and hope for their first doubles to deliver.

I am anxious to see how Malaysia's top doubles pair fare this time against Indonesia. Malaysia had a great chance to win the Cup two years ago in Guangzhou but Tan Fook-Wan Wah lost to the scratch combination of Halim Hariyanto-Tri Kusharyanto.

Malaysia's second doubles pair is not good enough to win a point and Indonesia's third singles is not strong at all.

Malaysia may have beaten China in the semi-finals of the previous Finals. But the crowd here is completely different and Malaysia will be facing one of their most challenging times here.

MORTEN FROST HANSEN: There has always been great rivalry between Indonesia and Malaysia and this provides the magical moments in badminton.

Here are two nations who just love the game and just hate to lose. It will be difficult to predict the winners and I believe that both teams have equal chances.

For Malaysia, all will depend on Wong Choong Hann. He will be the key to success and if he can clinch the first match, Malaysia have a chance to win the tie.

The Malaysian doubles are suffering from the fall in form of Chan Chong Ming. The second doubles do not look to be strong enough.

If Malaysia do not win one of the doubles, it will be tough for them to topple Indonesia.

It was an outstanding atmosphere in the Senayan Indoor Stadium when Indonesia played against China.

The Chinese handled the pressure very well to win 5-0. There will be a lot of pressure again today and I don't think anyone in his sane mind will want to miss this encounter.

TheStar

2. da ding

da ding Regular Member

Student
    Well Ants, you are coming up with materail at a ferocious pace.

Thanks a lot! :D