Guitarists @ Badminton Central

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by s_mair, Nov 4, 2019.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we need to see some recordings/videos...

speCulatius likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Okaaay, okaaay...

Here’s the first and so far the only “song” that we’ve completed with drums - hope the link works... and don’t expect too much, please...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeet9qopg6xjoy1/Neverending Project_Master.mp3?dl=0

All recordings were done on an iPhone with some final mixing on a simple laptop.

thyrif’s project plays in a whole different league of course. That’s some impressive stuff there. Wow.

kwun and speCulatius like this.
  3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Ah yeah I've got a usb interface on the pc, thats better then. Still cool to be able to continue writing doodles on the go, though!

We program drums with midi with getgood drums as the midi instrument. In a full daw (like reaper or cakewalk) you can make a midi track and make the output for a simulated instrument like bass, drums, keyboard or synth or really anything. So you can program hits or notes in time, it's used a lot. I'm sure you can program simple drums in bandlab as well?

We will try a cheap electric drum kit to record midi for it, but haven't yet. (Also tried to convert a guitar hero drum kit into midi controller which was really fun but couldn't handle speedy things :D)

Programming drums is an art on its own, though. We had our drummer record himself playing to our track and copied it in midi, that's also a decent workflow.
    I like the 'chorus' part, nice chords with some tension! Keep working at it. Bass sounds nice and compact.

GetGoodDrums just released some mixing masterclass video demonstration on youtube. Maybe you can get some ideas from it to help in your project

#23 thyrif, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019