Hats off to Lee Hyun Il

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by malaysiangirl, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    we the audience don't want it to stop... haha... this is called drama... all are anticipating smackdown finale...

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    smackdown final hahahaha............yeah me too.

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

R u joking? The drama he created today will YY did the same in his time? He will nvr be a complete player if he cant even manage to keep cool in tense situation.

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah YY is so cool no matter what happens, just like face of Hendrawan, always so nice and friendly, like a kindergarten teacher..............hehehehe............

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    No, I don't remember such drama happening previously in Open tournaments, but they do happen sometimes in Thomas Cups if the host country is challenging for the title. Fortunately, in Thomas Cups, the more deserving team almost always won every edition.

Line judges in Open tournaments then were more forthright, very few bad calls and good thing too, 'cos umpires cannot overrule.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Anyway, congratulations for LHI for keeping his cool and composure, but I can't help but feel that his victory has also been marred similarly as BCL's China Open title.

Overrule or no overrule, if a player cannot trust line judgement, he is already at a disadvantage. In this case LD has my sympathy, whether or not he acted properly in the incident, he has to answer that himself.

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    So, LHI among the host of candidates for OG GOLD now
    1. LD
    2. LCW
    3. Peter Gade
    4. LHI

8. victory

victory Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il definitnely deserve the win. He has shown superb skills and mental strength. Both players played well but Lee is the better player. Overall the match was fairly judged as all of us can see there were a few bad calls had been changed to favour LD.

LD should not have threw tandrum like he did in the tournament! What kind of attitude was that! He is a superb player no doubt but he is the worst mannered world champion in the history of badminton! I mean one can not try to hit some one or threaten some one to gain point! From what I see, he indeed has intention to hit the head judge and Li Mao. A lot of other players encountered bad line calls , not only LD. No one behaved like he did. What make him think he is so special?

LD deserved the yellow card.

9. economet

economet Regular Member

Some Pictures at 21-21

Here there are some pictures at the score of 21-21.

The biggest problem is going to be the fact that Lin Dan threw his racquet towoards Li Mao.

Attached Files:

10. economet

economet Regular Member

Description of the Pictures above

1. Lin Dan is in a rage because of a disputable line call which was made by another line judge than the "patriotic" line judge who was corrected three times by the umpire. The side line was affected this time in contrast to the previous obviously wrong line calls at the back court. The umpire didn't correct the decision because he certified the line judge for the right side line a better sight and consulted the service judge on this matter. Frankly spoken, it's seemingly not that biased call like before.

But Li Mao told Lin Dan to stay calm and take the umpire's decision as is. Out of control, Lin Dan aims at Li Mao and deliberately threw his racquet in the direction of Li Mao.

Consequently, the umpire took long to make up his mind whether to show a red or yellow card.

2. The Chines Coach and match observer give Lin Dan his racquet back.

3. Lin Dan, really in a rage, is shouting at Li Mao.

11. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    from the video u cant see the throwing racket bit... Im pretty sure badzine had a correspondent there to witness the entire ordeal and put it on the website as it is

12. speedy

speedy Regular Member

The koreans have given the chinese the taste of their own medicine as in the previous china open. It is soooo..... ridiculous.

How come they couldn't use the "high tech" challenge as in tennis! I think I enjoyed the australian open more than the korean open due to this aspect

Badminton has now become like WWE in certain countries. Taufik knew all along about this...and we thought LD could take it, but.... he really broke down!

13. staples

staples Regular Member

Yes indeed LHI has a good chance. We'll see how he performs in the tournaments to come. DOn't forget to add Bao CL too to the list. But this thread is all about LHI :)

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lindan throw the racket after he lost. Like that he did during the MO .. but he smashs it to the court this time.

15. staples

staples Regular Member

I guess it's payback time at the Olympics. :) It's so sad if this was going to happen. Will the line judges there be local people or will they have judges from all different countries?

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Korean Open is known for his biased linesmen.........no secret as all players has their won story to tell....it is just sad that we can not have a fair play....the question is how we can promote Badminton into Professional sport like tennis???
    BWF has warned Korean Organizer about this matter but we had witnessed that patriotic linesmen did not care.....

It is a sad day for badminton.....

17. economet

economet Regular Member

What a Pity

Last but not least, the most suffering one is the Badminton sport if players can agree with decisions made during a match.

The umpire had it under a good control despite three corrected line calls through the whole match. At the score of 21-21, Lin Dan is sure of the "wrong" line call again which was not accepted by the umpire who consulted the service judge and certified the line judge a better sight. This once it is really a close call, and not an obviously biased call like before.

I can fully understand Lin Dan's rage because he feels robbed of the victory and was reminded of the jinx, because it is enormously important that Lin Dan can keep staying selfconfident.

2004, Li Mao was coaching the Korean Squad and Park Sunghwan won against Lin Dan at Malaysia Open. And that was a bad omen for him.

This time, he was defeated by Park Sunghwan and, of course, the coach Li Mao who was forced to go abroad by Li Yongbo during China Open 2007 on his home soil and didn't want to be reminded of what happened to him in Athens, but was on the verge of losing against Li Mao's protege, again.

Lin Dan could not let it become a real jinx while preparing for the most important victory of his career at Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing.

He certainly knows that the mental side and moral is most decisive and more valuable than every other superior skill. 2004, both the Chinese coach and the Korean coach for MS told inofficially that Taufik was the only one who played close to one's potential, free of pressure. It was extreme in cases of Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai and Sony Dwi Kuncoro. The one who took the most benefit from failing with manageing the huge pressure was clearly the silver medalist Shon Seungmo.

#57 economet, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  18. economet

economet Regular Member

LHI answering

Lee Hyun-Il was asked if it had been correct for the umpire to show the red card after Lin Dan throwing his racquet towards Li Mao and dismiss him.

He replied it could be vice versa in Beijing. The most important thing is to stay calm and focussed.

I hope, Lin Dan can overcome the whole thing quickly.
    He is my favourite for MS at the Olympic Games.

I'll see him during the German Open.

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do not think that LD will be in German Open........tough for LD to play 3 tournaments eventhough he has to defend his point along with Chen Jin.

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    I think BWF will do something to ground LD. Cant let them to go off like that after making the final of SS tournament into a circus.............Ppl will have no respect for BWF after this if no action is taken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.