hi Everyone from OC

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by BadFan_OC, Feb 23, 2004.

1. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    you are right, if that person wants to win so bad that he has to cheat, it defeats the whole purpose of feeling satisfy after a win because deep down inside his heart, he knows he didn't deserve it.

but some people are sooo evil.....

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    For people like 'evil' Frank, it's basically self-insecurity at work. I come across people like him occasionally, but surprisingly they're usually older folks who made very liberal line calls and just want to get their games in and win as many games as possible.

If you let him know that he bothered you so much, it will give him more pleasure to rub it in. I would move on and not take the game too much at heart. Experience with them is best chalk up as opportunities to improve focus. Don't let one point ruin the rest of your games. If he really irritates you, don't play with him anymore... cuz he'll have nobody to play with once he's done with the rest of the club.

If he has a propensity to drive serve, stick your racquet menacingly up front when you prepare to receive. Basically 'take up space' and be confident/aggressive on his service, and you'll give him lots to sweat over:D.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    whoa.... are you saying older folks tend to be more 'evil'? hey, i gotta be one of the nicest old guys around!:D :D

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

negative "ism" of any kind has no place anywhere...

Heh! Knew I would be in trouble for saying that:eek:. Wanted to excise that part out during editing but got distracted by some stuff at Amazon.com, so too late...:p Not to imply anything about older folks in general, I was just talking about my experience with certain players. I am lucky to have met and played with more nicer folks (both young and old:D) than evil ones though.

#24 cappy75, Feb 26, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  5. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    I guess it can still be a compliment to the older folks as being more evil...its not easy being evil, you got to be pretty smart about it too.

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! I guess it depends on what kind of "evil"ness we're talking about:D. Cheating by abysmal line-calling and illegal serves is just plain annoying:rolleyes:. I would consider them slightly smarter (slightly... not much) if they restrict those stints in certain meaningful games only but they repeat those tricks in casual friendlies as well. Some of these guys I played in the past were perpetual offenders. No cures for personality traits:D.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    any testamonies??:p

8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    and paying them doesn't count. And neither do family members.

-dave

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, you read my mind, i was just gonna post a clarification note: i meant unpaid test-a-monies:)

#29 cooler, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  10. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Badrad has my vouch for the best grouchy old guy I have ever had the pleasure of playing with:D. And no... he didn't pay me this time;).

Anyway, I think we have hijacked poor BadFan_OC's intro thread long enough:eek:.

Welcome to the Forum! BadFan_OC:)!

11. BadFan_OC

BadFan_OC Regular Member

IT
    badrad - grouchy ? ? ?

cappy75 - Its cool. I feel the love :D At least I can say my intro post is very active.

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hi BF_OC - welcome to the BEST Badminton Group on this Planet!

And I'm not a grouch, but I will kick you in the a** if you say I am... :p :p :p

13. hartski

hartski Regular Member

Hey there Frank! Welcome to the coolest badminton forum on earth! Heck this is like 1 of 2 badminton forums I could find on the Internet that's useful!

Anyways For the coming 3 months I'll be playing at OCBC on Sundays at around after lunch time, say 1PM up to 9 or 10PM. Gotta maximize the huge $18 fee hehe!

At OCBC around 6-7PM there's NO people playing at all! When I went there the first time last week it was only I and my friend playing! One of the facilitator's told us it was always like that at around those times.

BTW my skill level is novice to intermediate, I guess. Also working on perfecting the fundamentals. I'll be in OCBC this Sunday, the 29th around 1PM . Send me an e-mail at hart_junk@pacbell.net if you're interested in joining me and my friend.

BTW, I play at Mar Vista also through Brandon too. Everything he says is true! Everybody at Mar Vista is nice and the pros there such as Brandon were kind enough to play with me and teach me several tips which improved my game!

#33 hartski, Feb 28, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    This is probably the most popular/longest introduction thread there is! Frank is one happenin' dude! :)

15. BadFan_OC

BadFan_OC Regular Member

IT
    Hartski - Hey, thanks for the info. I was hoping to meet up with you today but something came up. I will do my best to go tomorrow to mar vista. Maybe I will see you there if you go. If not, I will see sunday for sure. I went to sgbc this saturday but it was pack. There were having tournaments. :-(

wilfredlgf - I am soaking in the popularity, lol, only happens once in a long while.

16. hartski

hartski Regular Member

I'm finding it hard to play on weekdays recently so I resorted to weekends at OCBC. I should be at OCBC this coming Saturday from 6-10pm or if Sunday 1-7pm. Yesterday OCBC wasn't packed and we played about 10 matches straight but had to wait when a few members came late in the afternoon. Nights at OCBC is better because by 6-7pm there is almost nobody playing! I've been to SGBC before and the wait time is just too long for me.

Send me an e-mail at hart_junk@pacbell.net and let's communicate there. I've talked to calvin from here and if he comes we have a solid 4 players for doubles including my friend.

17. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    yup. Lets play this weekend. i could not make it because of a midterm today. I agree, OCBC is sort of empty during the evening hours although I cannot be sure because I was only there once.

Oh well, pls email me calvinlgoh@hotmail.com if we are down for this weekend. SAT or SUN is fine with me.

Calvin

18. BadFan_OC

BadFan_OC Regular Member

IT
    Hartski and Calvin - I send you guys an email. :)

19. Squidward

Squidward New Member

Computers

Hi guys, I'm new here, this is my first post.

I'm from Orange County however I work only a few miles away from that Mar Vista Recreational Center that I've read about...

I just got back into badminton since my teens (I'm 32 now!)..

I really love badminton and would like to improve my shots/footwork, etc... I consider myself between beginner and intermediate. I never had the chance to get to the level I wanted to, since I only played for a couple of semesters. If any of you guys are looking for a regular partner to practice with let me know!

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Re: Newbie

Hmmm... methinks Squidward deserves a thread of his/her own in the introduction forum. Welcome to BF, Squidward:)!

#40 cappy75, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2004