Hmm...Duora 10 or its Z-Strike cousin...let's discuss !

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lee Jing Hua, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Lee Jing Hua

Lee Jing Hua Regular Member

Student
    After reading some of the responses, it had me thinking, would I do better with the Voltric LD Force ? I read on BC threads that it has sort of a head heavy-ness to it and also have a frame cross-section of a Nanoray. [well, slightly...] How would this racket compare against the 4U version of the ZF2 or the DZS ? Best of both worlds ? Or just a total misconception ?

@xiaoqiao @Badminton Racket Review @swsh

2. Lee Jing Hua

Lee Jing Hua Regular Member

Student
    --Conclusion--
    I just gotten my Duora Z-Strike and I have to say, it's an awesome racket !
    But with an good racket, there is always some challenges to overcome before being able to fully reap the benefits of the Duora Z-Strike.

Firstly, the racket frame is smaller than the Duora 10 that I'm used to. It would be kind of frustrating at first, getting mishits, not hitting the sweet spot every time, timing issues due to the faster swing speed of the smaller frame head, etc. But after a few games, the feeling of hitting the sweet spot dead on is back. I realized that playing a slow game and playing against the wall really helps me to get familiarized with the racket really quick.

Secondly, the balance of the Duora Z-Strike is slightly head heavier than the Duora 10. Hence, the change from a lighter head to a heavier one would throw some people off-balance. Personally, I play a lot with head heavy rackets like the Voltrics so getting used to the increase in head weight is just a matter of timing and discipline.

Finally, after overcoming these 2 small challenges, would I be able to get the Duora Z-Strike's full potential. Its smashes are very solid while the shaft feels whippy on drives & net kills. Net play is very controllable, cross nets, tumbling shots is really where this racket shines. Defense wise, the racket is stable to produce power in lifting when meeting an opponent's smash and counter-attacking shots are easily executed with very minimal wrist flicks.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and I would like to thank everyone who commented on this thread, giving me their unbiased opinions on the comparision of the Duora Z-Strike & the Duora 10.

dave010 likes this.
  3. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Glad to hear you liked it! However, I don't get why you call this racquet whippy. It must be one of the least whippy racquets I've ever used.

swsh likes this.
  4. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Hey! I've a zf2 and an astrox99, but I want to get a new racquetXD... I thought I'd try duora this time, but I'm torn between the zstrike and 10..I'm an offensive player and always keep back in the court and play doubles, I smash and clear for the most part. Please help me decide, I'm sure you can now
    I've