Hong Kong Open 2006 SEMI-FINALS (01/09)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by badMania, Aug 31, 2006.

1. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    Add KJ and CJ to Quarter-finals experts, promote LCW to Final experts and create a category called Pull-out expert and put TH there

2. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LCW will win.. Chen Jin and LCW both are different level in skill. I had saw Chen Jin play in Thailand Open.. Just so.. so..only.. Don't have so call secreat weapon in his game...Sorry for CJ fans..:)

3. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

If LIN Dan and LEE Chong Wei all enter into Final or not, LIn Dan will be the 1st seed of WC. CHEN Jin will be in the same half with LEE Chong Wei instead of LIN Dan in WC.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yeah...I would second that! I don't think Kido/Hendra have played Cai/Fu before. It's about time they meet each other since both have similar attacking styles.

Just a slight diversion from the HK Open, I was quite impressed with the attcking style displayed by Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya (Candra's brother) over the past 2 days in the Singapore Satelitte. With more experience, they should have enough fire power to be a strong doubles pair in the main squad (probably in 1 or 1.5 years time?). On the other hand, Yoga Ukikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki (ranked 35) were not really impressive in their struggle to beat a Malaysian pair yesterday. It was only that the critical stage (down 17-19) that they show some of their potential :cool:

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...this is not true...as event has posted earlier. At most, Lin Dan can only get 35803 as he won the HK Open last year. So, if he does not win this year, he will still risk losing some ranking points. On the other hand, LCW's ranking point is 37953 and since he is the runners-up of the HK Open last year, the lowest point he get is 37953-810 = 37143. Therefore, LCW will still be the no 1 seed for the WC.

As for Chen Jin, his current ranking point is 32329 (10 tournaments). If he wins the HK Open, his ranking point will increase to 35419, whereas, if he loses today, his point will be 33819 which is below Peter Gade's. So, he will be either the 3rd or 4th seed depending on whether he can beat LCW today.

In addition, it's not guaranteed that Chen Jin is guaranteed to be drawn in the same half as LCW. It all depends on the luck of the draw!

6. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

You're right. I forget that the Points Regulations was reformed. But, anyway, CHEN Jin will be still in the same half with LEE Chong Wei, because the top 2 players of the same association, despite their world ranking, should be in different half during a certain tournament according to the IBF regulation.

7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    what you guys calculating about?

WC draw will be as simple as follows:

1 quarter: Lee CW
    2 quarter: Chen Jin
    3 quarter: Gade P
    4 quarter: Lin D

it will be the same no matter what the outcome of HK open, right?

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...I believe the way IBF draws the third and fourth seed may not be the same for every tournament. It could be as what you write, but, it may also be switched. So, LCW or Lin Dan does have to play either one of CJ or PG.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

no. Since Lin D and Chen J come from the same association, they have to be in different halves. :D

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think having Chen Jin in your half is better than having Lin Dan or Peter Gade. Not saying it is easy, but better chance.

11. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

Markis/setiawan vs fu/cai prediction

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Anyways, for the MD Semis, not to undermine their opponents, i want Kido/Markis and Fu/Cai to meet in the Finals on Saturday. These 2 pairs could be headed for their own rivalry..BTW, anyone know if they've played against each other before??..:rolleyes:

Yeah...I would second that! I don't think Kido/Hendra have played Cai/Fu before. It's about time they meet each other since both have similar attacking styles.

Hi Ctjad (Chris),

Kido and setiawan beat cai/Fu once...i cant remember what tournament. .but it was around end of 2004/beginning 2005 (possibly Malaysia Open 2004)...i read bolanews.com....alvin yulianto mentioned that cai/fu is the hardest opponent to beat...but he and luluk should be able to beat them as they beat cai/fu in indo opne final 2004...he also mentioned that markis/setiawan beat them before...why cant we....(it was Alven's Statement in bolanews 2004)....and they never meet after that......i am also looking forward for a mouth watering final ...lets hope they can meet in the final....

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

You are right! After some checks, I discover that Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan have indeed beaten Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in the Malaysia Open 2004 17-16, 15-12. A close scoreline which can be repeated if both pairs win their matches today!

13. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    my guessing is chen jin vs lin dan in the final.
    but in fact, i really want to watch a battle between lin dan and lee chong wei again!

14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Another 4 point game in early round :rolleyes: ?

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for the info guys...hmm, interesting, but remember their meeting was more than 2 yrs ago..Yet both have garnered much experiences since, esp. Fu/Cai, as they were competing in the WC last yr...Nonetheless, it should be a very tantalizing Final if they both should meet again, with Fu/Cai still beaming with confidence after they overcame Tony/Candra..But first thing first, both of them got to take care of business in the Semifinals...;):cool:

#35 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

indra, i know you are one of the big, if not a die-hard supporter, of Taufik and i myself one of your countrymen-living-abroad, but let's just give it a rest...If taufik-ist, arguably one of the most ardent fan of Taufik in this forum, has been able to post an "unofficial" apology to the group here and add to that he's been keeping a very low profile after this incident, it should be a sign to us that Taufik's action yesterday was not so desirable...c'mon, indra..;) :cool::)

#36 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  17. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Seriously! Sometimes a little too much is a bit too overwhelming for the non-diehard fans.

18. indra

indra Regular Member

I am just trying to balance things.

Most of the comments are against TH. It is totally unfair, in my opinion. I am trying to see things from different perspectives.:)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Champions ARE SUPPOSED to act and behave like Champions

indra,
    i understand you are trying to "balance things" and "look from different perspective", which is fine. But let me mention this again, maybe just to shine on the main point:
    I suppose you are quite familiar w/one of our countrymen, Tony Gunawan, correct? Now, in your honest opinion, do you think if Tony was in that particular situation, w/linejudge making a questionable call, do you think he will behave and act like what Taufik did??..Remember, both(Taufik & Tony) are Olympic and World Champions..:rolleyes: ;) :)
    Now, the only thing i'm looking for now, as sort of a redemption from Taufik, is somekind of an "apology" statement of his behavior/reaction, even a simple one, even if he still feels he was wronged or "unfairly treated"; just like what our friend taufik-ist did in here..;):cool:

#39 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  20. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    There are many comments directed against him because he is wrong in this situation. Sometimes you need to take some disciplinary actions when someone does something bad.